wtf does rinkah do?

izanagi61

as an oni savage, i expected her to function like a axe fighter. but he has 0 health, 0 attack, skill, and speed. only thing she does good is her defense but even then her hp is too low to make use of it. now that kids are tied to the fathers, using her is even less desireable. so is she one of those characters that get good later? do i have to stick with her or can i dump her?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rinka has very bad growths for her classes (25% Str wtf). Using her is not advised unless you are really invested in her character.

Edited by Nanima²

If you're after the characters with better grows, you should probably look elsewhere. Odin, Rinkah, Tsubaki, Orochi and a few others are all rather lacking in key areas and most of them have superior counterparts.

Too bad, I hoped they would have "fixed" her growths. Worse Str than Sakura. I just don't even...

It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that Rinka is the only natural Oni you get.

Too bad, I hoped they would have "fixed" her growths. Worse Str than Sakura. I just don't even...

It wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that Rinka is the only natural Oni you get.

Do you even lift, nii-sama?

PEDM, but I've found her as a good buddy for Kaze, then again my Rinkah seems blessed because she's gotten a decent amount of speed, strength and HP along with her decent Def.

Rinkah (paired up with Kaze): "I'll lend you my strength!"

*glances at actual stat*

Yep, Kaze uses her strength and bulk better than she does.

Rinka have one use story-wise - Pair-up bot.
Her +4 str +4 def in guard stance is good, and it's only from class so yeah. use her as pair-up bot or don't use her.

If you're after the characters with better grows, you should probably look elsewhere. Odin, Rinkah, Tsubaki, Orochi and a few others are all rather lacking in key areas and most of them have superior counterparts.

Um... Who might you be referring too? Hayato? He's not desirable either. Sakura probably makes the best Onmyoji, but she starts as a Priestess.

Rinka have one use story-wise - Pair-up bot.

Her +4 str +4 def in guard stance is good, and it's only from class so yeah. use her as pair-up bot or don't use her.

Pretty much. She was my pair-up bot for Kaze till Kagero joined the party.

Yeah, I'm using her just because I really like her and oni savage but I really have to baby her.

That said she has been getting better level ups than I anticipated. But she's not even my bulkiest unit (Guard!Naginata Lancer Hinoka!) and struggles to hit things.

Her defense can be quite useful for tanking hits. There is something to be said for a character that takes damage in the single digits if at all. She was really helpful for the Awakening DLC because she didn't have to worry about getting chained into a bunch of enemies.

she is pair up fodder and Ogre Strike source for Oboro, Orochi, Kagero, Charlotte and Ryoma (her husband) :v

She can also share Smithy Skill this way.

Edited by NekoKnight

I think Rinkah's rather susceptible to RNG screwage, and even if she gets by, she may not necessarily go along with most people's playstyles or meet their expectations.

Still, I think she's ok..she's mostly reliant on her speed and defense, skill is a bit of a thing. To be honest, if she weren't a Oni (which is fairly borken as far as classes go) she would have been pretty unacceptable...but as is I think she's not completely useless or anything.

The game kind of "balances" all the units to a certain extent, but what can I say

Rinkah's defense was valuable for me at one point already so far, I dunno. I feel she has some use. And she's my only character right now that has an advantage over...I think it was green color-coded weapons.

What is a good Oni Savage supposed to do?

Hayato makes the only good Oni Chieftain.

Actually, I wast thinking of Blacksmith, but you are right about Hayato being a great Oni Chieftain, his growths even seem to be tailor-made for it.

It's his low level that hurts him.