Must know tips?

Volke29

-The weapon triangle now has all weapon types

-Pair Up is noifed relative to Awakening

-Durability is gone, and now weapons have effects tied to them

-Weapon rank caps vary depending on class (relates to promoted classes only)

-New weapon type (Shuriken) - Debuffs target when it scores a hit

-Killer weapons now do quadruple damage when they critical

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Don't waste your time giving Rinka levels. Her growths suck and there is a high chance that she'll be RNG screwed, in any case. Arthur is also horrible, don't bother with him unless you like him for some reason. Charlotte comes underleveled and her stats aren't really worth the babying around in a map where she struggles to hit things, so I also don't recommend bothering with her unless for pair-ups.

Some units also suck in comparisson to others of the same class that come 1-3 chapters later, such as Subaki in comparisson to Hinoka, Odin in comparisson to Nyx and arguably Kazahana in comparisson to Hinata. Use them only if you really like the characters, I suppose.

Dragonstones are your friend. You can tank as well as a Knight with it and dish out a lot of damage in return.

Remember the passive skills that buff your other units, like Demoiselle and Jakob/Felicia's inate skill. With them, the chances of your units surviving an enemy phase become higher.

On Conquest, if there is no item that you require with urgency, it is usually better not to buy it. Don't spend your money freely on Conquest.

Don't try to minmax, thinking that you can make one unit overpowered and beat chapters easily with a small team of elite units. EXP in this game works differently from the other games, making the EXP gain on units that are 2+ levels higher than the enemies almost abysmal. Balancing out EXP and levels is usually more effective, especially on Lunatic (where the exp gain is even less than usual).

Edited by Rapier

Remember the passive skills that buff your other units, like Demoiselle and Jakob/Felicia's inate skill. With them, the chances of your units surviving an enemy phase become higher.

Don't try to minmax, thinking that you can make one unit overpowered and beat chapters easily with a small team of elite units. EXP in this game works differently from the other games, making the EXP gain on units that are 2+ levels higher than the enemies almost abysmal. Balancing out EXP and levels is usually more effective, especially on Lunatic (where the exp gain is even less than usual).

First statement: Also, these skills, and others like them, don't work if the character with them is in the back of a pair up.

Second statement: DOH! *facedesk* How'd I forget to mention that?!

Thanks for the tips!

I was also wondering what this year's Galeforce skill is. I looked through the list, and nothing stood out to me as OP as Galeforce. Maybe I missed it.

Also ... got the Villager with aptitude. Is she basically like Donny; Strong out the box, but hits her ceiling with lesser stats after that?

I got the SE and started on Birthright and saving Conquest for later as I like that style of game play and strategy much better.

Edited by Volke29

You're on Birthright huh? Then I got a tip for you: Use Hinoka. You'll need her on a certain chapter and it's impossible to clear it without her from what I can see due to the fact that she's a flier with the Dragon Vein power.

Takumi is also valuable in a chapter where all the enemy units are fliers.

Edited by Anacybele

Thanks for the tips!

I was also wondering what this year's Galeforce skill is. I looked through the list, and nothing stood out to me as OP as Galeforce. Maybe I missed it.

Also ... got the Villager with aptitude. Is she basically like Donny; Strong out the box, but hits her ceiling with lesser stats after that?

I got the SE and started on Birthright and saving Conquest for later as I like that style of game play and strategy much better.

Galeforce is still in the game, but it is nerfed, as is many things such as Nosferatu.

Galeforce only activates out of Tag-Team and Pair-Up, so you have to go solo. Nosferatu no longer can double and you can't crit or activate procs like Luna, Sol, Astra etc...

EDIT: Also, use the royals, Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura (And when you get to Conquest, use the royals there too). These outclass nearly everyone that does the same job as them. Ryoma comes OP out of the box, Hinoka, while the weakest out of the four IMO, once promoted can wreak face and is needed for certain chapters if you want to 100% and not die, Takumi is great out f the box also thanks to the Fujin Yumi and Sakura can go either healer route and be fine, even though Priestess is a physical class (Oh and keep Azura as a Songstress, you don't know how helpful her Sing can be until you don't have it anymore). And pretty much what everyone else said.

Edited by Azz

If you really wanna go Azama, change him and his kid to a physical class.

Saizo has a decent magic growth, so if you're unsure about giving someone explosive shuriken, he's an option to consider.

For some reason beast stones count as having weapon ranks now.

Don't waste your time giving Rinka levels. Her growths suck and there is a high chance that she'll be RNG screwed, in any case. Arthur is also horrible, don't bother with him unless you like him for some reason. Charlotte comes underleveled and her stats aren't really worth the babying around in a map where she struggles to hit things, so I also don't recommend bothering with her unless for pair-ups.

Some units also suck in comparisson to others of the same class that come 1-3 chapters later, such as Subaki in comparisson to Hinoka, Odin in comparisson to Nyx and arguably Kazahana in comparisson to Hinata. Use them only if you really like the characters, I suppose.

Dragonstones are your friend. You can tank as well as a Knight with it and dish out a lot of damage in return.

On Conquest, if there is no item that you require with urgency, it is usually better not to buy it. Don't spend your money freely on Conquest.

Hana comparision to Hinata? well sure for tanking you can't take Hana, but Hana will actually doubly enemy without special weapons or support.

Hana is glass canon, Hinata is tank, how can you compare them? They both are good in diffrent ways.

Also it's like compare Azama to Sakura, Azama doesn't have mag. growth so comparing him to Sakura as Healer obviously will loose but when you will use him as offensive unit (aka dread fighter) he can be compared to the other assasins.

Every character have it's strenght and it's weakness, some characters you can't compare, it's just wrong imo.

Thanks for the tips!

I think the skill 'Replicate' is definitely a skill that is like Galeforce. You literally clone the unit who has the skill, and both the original unit and the puppet can move at the same time each turn.

I think the skill 'Replicate' is definitely a skill that is like Galeforce. You literally clone the unit who has the skill, and both the original unit and the puppet can move at the same time each turn.

Don't forget that both puppet and user share HP, if one will get hit, other will take damage as well, if puppet die, user die as well.

Thanks for the tips!

Warp. It's a skill exclusive to the Witch class (which is female only, but apparently an enemy on the map you get it has a Warp scroll?) which is in a DLC yet to be released in NA yet. You can warp next to any other unit on the map and can immediately perform another action afterwards. In conjunction with Replicate from the Mechanist class at Level 15, things can get pretty ridiculous.

Charlotte comes underleveled and her stats aren't really worth the babying around in a map where she struggles to hit things, so I also don't recommend bothering with her unless for pair-ups.

As for pair-ups, she's especially good as a support for a strong male lead *cough*Xander*cough*.

This game has personal pair-up bonuses per character, in addition to the class pair up bonus like in Awakening. Charlotte's is +1 Str / +1 Spd.

As a Berserker, therefore, she gives an S Support male lead +6 Str and +4 Spd, which is pretty absurd.

(Subnote: Witch isn't available for NA yet, but once it is, Nyx and Elise can give +6 Mag and +4 Spd in that class to their S Supports.)

You're on Birthright huh? Then I got a tip for you: Use Hinoka. You'll need her on a certain chapter and it's impossible to clear it without her from what I can see due to the fact that she's a flier with the Dragon Vein power.

What chapter was this, if you remember? I don't recall there being one where you had to use a flier with Dragon's Vein to beat it (well, there's Chapter 18 but that's Kill Boss thankfully, because fuck that chapter). Even so, you can always pair Corrin with a flying unit and switch to use the ability.

Not that I'm suggesting you shouldn't use Hinoka, mind you. She's pretty great, even without an OP personal weapon.

What chapter was this, if you remember? I don't recall there being one where you had to use a flier with Dragon's Vein to beat it (well, there's Chapter 18 but that's Kill Boss thankfully, because fuck that chapter). Even so, you can always pair Corrin with a flying unit and switch to use the ability.

Not that I'm suggesting you shouldn't use Hinoka, mind you. She's pretty great, even without an OP personal weapon.

The one where Azura pretends to be that singer girl so she can perform in front of Garon and try to weaken him and all. The map is water and boats, and I don't see any way to reach the escape square without using Dragon Vein to make the water ice, and the spot to do that is across the water. Meaning only a flier can reach it, and that means Hinoka. You could use her to bring Corrin to it, but it's in the opposite direction of the escape square, which only Corrin can use to end the chapter. Sakura is too vulnerable. Takumi is an option though, I guess.

Edited by Anacybele

Warp is a good skill. It allows your character to teleport next to any of your other characters. After teleporting you can:

- Attack

- Use items

- Heal

- Sing

- Trade (items)

- Trade (pair up partners)

Female characters in the witch class learn it at lv 25, but if you wait until two witches in guard stance appear in the DLC map you get a warp scroll. This can be used on any unit at or above lv 15 (promoted) / lv 25 (special/dlc class).

I surprised no one has mentioned this yet. In Birthright Kaze will leave the party if he doesn't an A support with you by chapter 15

I wish someone had, because I made the mistake of not A supporting him and now he's gone forever. I wanted to keep using him and S support him with someone. I'm still mad that I screwed myself over like this...

Edited by Anacybele

The one where Azura pretends to be that singer girl so she can perform in front of Garon and try to weaken him and all. The map is water and boats, and I don't see any way to reach the escape square without using Dragon Vein to make the water ice, and the spot to do that is across the water. Meaning only a flier can reach it, and that means Hinoka.

Oh right, that chapter. I forgot about that because I didn't rout it. I paired Hinoka and Corrin and just flew to the Escape point. Got the treasure chest right beforehand thanks to Reina (unless this was before she joined, in which case it was Subaki).

Can't you just go the (really) long way around if you have to, though? You have to fight your way through Garon and Xander if you do that, true, but isn't it theoretically possible?

The one where Azura pretends to be that singer girl so she can perform in front of Garon and try to weaken him and all. The map is water and boats, and I don't see any way to reach the escape square without using Dragon Vein to make the water ice, and the spot to do that is across the water. Meaning only a flier can reach it, and that means Hinoka. You could use her to bring Corrin to it, but it's in the opposite direction of the escape square, which only Corrin can use to end the chapter. Sakura is too vulnerable. Takumi is an option though, I guess.

It's actually much simpler than that - just pair Corrin with a flier and then fly her directly to the exit! You can get out within 2-3 turns easy, if you mind missing the xp / chest.

I surprised no one has mentioned this yet. In Birthright Kaze will leave the party if he doesn't an A support with you by chapter 15

I wish someone had, because I made the mistake of not A supporting him and now he's gone forever. I wanted to keep using him and S support him with someone. I'm still mad that I screwed myself over like this...

That makes three of us - I thought someone would've brought it up eventually...

That makes three of us - I thought someone would've brought it up eventually...

Same here. I would've made sure to A support him before going into chapter 15. I already had a C with him, it wouldn't have taken a real long time, I think.

It's actually much simpler than that - just pair Corrin with a flier and then fly her directly to the exit! You can get out within 2-3 turns easy, if you mind missing the xp / chest.

Oh wow. lol Well, I at least got a couple units a little exp.

speaking of insane stuff noone talks about. this game has a *FORMATION* triangle, ontop of the weapon triangle.

Defence formation beats offence formation, offence formation beats solo formation, and solo formation beats defence formation. the difference for a correct formation is absolutely huge, you definitely want to have the correct formation vs the enemy formation.

also incase anyone is wondering why sometime duel guard triggers for no reason, its because defence formation will always negate offence formation, with no exceptions.

you might think early on expecially in birthright your fine just using offence all the time but thats wrong! if your in defence with two speed characters, because you double the enemy, and then the enemy hits, and then next you double the enemy, that means TWO battles with mainly your side attacking is all it takes to completly fill the duel guard gauge. speed types with low HP and DEF become absurdly more useful against the hordes of offence formation enemies when they literally negate almost every single attack at them because defence negates all offence formation strikes (automatically without consuming duel guard guage) and negate every other normal strike!

you will absolutely have to master these ideas when it comes to lunatic+ mode.

another thing in competative online, bring your dancer and either a ranged healer like sakura, or a ranged damage healer like jakob with you. you can rush the enemy in a single turn by doing a defence pair up, rush via dance, then heal the damage you took while killing the enemy AND have aquired duel guage. anyone foolish enough to offence formation as a counter will be negated, and the duel counters will straight up negate other defence formations because you got the first strike with a double!

trust me when i say formation mastery is key, all i see is people going on about using offence formation and how its less RNG then before and more reliable, but defence formation despite the character loss is SO GOOD that you barely need healers when your negating 75%+ of all incoming attacks! (and thats not a lie! you double, negate the off attack, hit by the main, double another unit, negate the off, AND negate the primary! all guaranteed!)