Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it normal for a product to take so long to get updated/available for pre order after an announcement? i've never focused on something as much as i'm focusing on fates right now so i don't know if this is normal or not.

Edited by BruceLee

I know the new Pokemon games where up really fast. Not sure about limited/special editions.

The last time I pre-ordered a game I got a phone call from the store if I wanted the special edition.

I know the new Pokemon games where up really fast.

Funnily enough, GM had listings up for Pokémon Sun/Moon even before they were formally announced! There were 2 blank listings in the Pre Order page that just had ??? on them when you clicked on them. Later when I went to refresh the page, both Sun and Moon were showing up on my "Recently looked at" list from when I had clicked on the blank pages to see them. :p

That said, I don't usually pay a lot of attention to special editions of games and the like. I was about to get the Project Zero SE super easily, but I didn't think that would be a problem because it's such a niche game. I waited to order the Bravely Second SE until after it was already released. This is the first time that I've really wanted to make sure to pre-order something and I've actually had a fear of it selling out, mostly thanks to NA's issues.

Yeah they where really fast.

My wife asked last friday if they knew something about the SE of Fire Emblem, but sadly nothing yet.

Some special editions are sold out pretty fast (TP:HD with Amiibo) and some are still available to date like Xenoblade for the Wii U.

Europe is better organized with the SE of games compared to NA as far as I know.

Still nothing on Amazon IT or Gamestop.

However, I remember that for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon they updated the release date a week after it was announced.

But weirdly enough, other games announced in the Direct like Yo-Kai Watch have already had their release date updated. Meh.

Thanks for the SE link! Now I have another thing to furiously refresh. Still hoping to get one from a place I can pick up same day, but I'll take Amazon if necessary.

Also, kind of surprised that the Zelda TP SE sold out quickly. Hubby and I went to our local GM to pre-order it quite a bit after it was announced and had no trouble.

is it normal for a product to take so long to get updated/available for pre order after an announcement? i've never focused on something as much as i'm focusing on fates right now so i don't know if this is normal or not.

I think it depends when they announce and how big the game is. When it comes to us Europeans we like to update stuff in the beginning of we week not end of it. IIRC during the direct when they announced Deluxe Edition of Bravely Second and it also was Thursday and it wasn't up till the following Monday.

the fact that that Swedish website still offers pre-orders makes me hopeful for the rest of Europe

unless Sweden somehow bought nintendos whole supply ;p

Haha, I think it's mainly that Nintendo isn't that big over here compared to M$ and Sony. Also the fact we are probably the biggest PC fanboys. PC Master race bitches!