Europeans/Australians Unite Part 2

BruceLee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update for any Aussie's out there:

EB games is currently out of stock for the Special Edition - but they already have codes for the 3DS, so swoop in quickly. I already have.

Also, JB HI FI apparently still have pre orders open for SE - my friend ordered hers today.

reply from nedgame

zodra er meer bekend is qua prijs en aantallen zal deze versie ook online komen te staan. Helaas kunnen wij niet zeggen wanneer dat is.

translation: as soon as more is known about the price and numbers will this version (SE) also be placed online. Unfortunately are we unable to say when we know more

Edited by BrandedRogue

how can they claim its sold out before its even being sold ><

Easy, the employees bought all the available copies so there aren't any for customers.

In the US, stores like Gamestop, the employees actually get first dibs on limited edition stuff. I have a friend who works for a Gamestop and when the limited edition Zelda 3ds XL came out, each of the employees bought a few copies themselves and resold all of them online for double the price.

Same thing happened with the SE version of Fire Emblem Fates. Thats how some of the people on Ebay had like 10+ copies to sell. Honestly this is very annoying and the limited edition stuff should be sold directly by Nintendo to the customers to prevent things like this from happening.

I remember another post on here where someone asked a Gamestop employee if there were any copies of Fates SE available and the employee just laughed and said "trust me, there aren't any available". Might be because he knows that the other employees already bought them all out.

Edited by ZodiacSoldier

Easy, the employees bought all the available copies so there aren't any for customers.

In the US, stores like Gamestop, the employees actually get first dibs on limited edition stuff. I have a friend who works for a Gamestop and when the limited edition Zelda 3ds XL came out, each of the employees bought a few copies themselves and resold all of them online for double the price.

Same thing happened with the SE version of Fire Emblem Fates. Thats how some of the people on Ebay had like 10+ copies to sell. Honestly this is very annoying and the limited edition stuff should be sold directly by Nintendo to the customers to prevent things like this from happening.

I remember another post on here where someone asked a Gamestop employee if there were any copies of Fates SE available and the employee just laughed and said "trust me, there aren't any available". Might be because he knows that the other employees already bought them all out.

That's exactly what happened to me today. I mean, we got the release date less than 24 hours ago and the SE hasn't even appeared on the Gamestop official site... But out of stock already?! Yay. Edited by Pikappa93

You mean as a gamestop employee I can go buy how many limited editions I want? What the flying fuck? I can understand each can get one copy but not several. Good thing many retail stores here have polices here prevents that kind of thing.

Edited by FoliFF

So, I really hope that this whole dibs business isn't a thing in the UK, I've been literally manning the GAME and Amazon UK websites ever since the Direct, I'm getting slightly concerned, should I be?

You mean as a gamestop employee I can go buy how many limited editions I want? What the flying fuck? I can understand each can get one copy but not several. Good thing many retail stores here have polices here prevents that kind of thing.

They are suppose to have policies that prevent this type of BS, but alot of the store manager don't care and some even pull this same stunt, so yea... (this applies to the brick and mortar stores, not sure about the online stores)

Your best bet is to find an online retailer to get a copy.

So, I really hope that this whole dibs business isn't a thing in the UK, I've been literally manning the GAME and Amazon UK websites ever since the Direct, I'm getting slightly concerned, should I be?

Can't say how it will be in the UK. But I can tell you how preorder was like in the US.

Amazon - Preorders were opened as soon as Nintendo Direct Announced it, sold out in 5 to 10 min. Never restocked.

Best Buy - Same as Amazon, sold out in 10 min, but a bunch of orders got cancelled due to stock issues. When the SE editions actually released, instead of reopening those cancelled orders, they decided to resell them all on Ebay at market price and screwed over the people that got cancelled orders. Heard stories that the some of the ebay orders got cancelled since they sold over 2000 copies, but only had 200 extra or something.

Gamestop - Preorders opened a day after it was announced, we got a 1 hour window. Next day they took preorders again with another 1 hour windows. They had 3 more windows within that week that had like a 5 hour windows each, but all the windows were like from 7AM to Noonish so most people were probably at work / school.

Heard Walmart also had preorders, but not sure about how they went.

Honestly it was a complete and utter $h** show, Nintendo should just take unlimited preorder up to a certain date and produce copies based on demand at the time. That way if you can't get the Special Edition you can only blame yourself.

Edited by ZodiacSoldier

I just notice in general none of the 3ds titles and new 3ds xl that got announced yesterdays direct haven't really been updated in most retail store and webstores. I just checked if I could find the limited new 3ds xl fates and nothing on that either as of yet. But considering that my nr. 1 go to retailer just updated for SE of Fates the console should come in time too.

I just notice in general none of the 3ds titles and new 3ds xl that got announced yesterdays direct haven't really been updated in most retail store and webstores. I just checked if I could find the limited new 3ds xl fates and nothing on that either as of yet. But considering that my nr. 1 go to retailer just updated for SE of Fates the console should come in time too.

Might I ask what that retailer is?

Might I ask what that retailer is?

If you check my previous post you would have seen it. Either way the name is webhallen dot com. It's a Swedish website and I don't know if they ship stuff outside of Scandinavia (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finlad). I have also to say there isn't any english ver. of the site other than other Scandinavian countries.

Any news on preorders on SE in the UK? Nothing on Game, Amazon or Nintendo UK store....

Not currently, it's s bit worrying that they have updated GAME with Yo Kai Watch, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, etc and the SE is nowhere to be found...

but it seems webhallen still has them in stock (if I understand the website XD) (pls confirm?), so that's hopeful

Yes they still have them in stock for now. To know when it is out of stock the button that says "Förhandsboka", pre-order in Swedish, will be grayed out and you can't click on it and under it there will also be a red text that says "Fullbokad", fully booked in Swedish.

If you are using email first email will be automated that says they have accepted your order and then another email that says whenever you got the pre-order or not.

I just checked their FAQ and it says there will be no shipping internationally. So I guess no shipping outside of Scandinavian borders sadly.

^

yeah but that makes me hopeful that the time that the pre-orders are available will also be like that in the rest of europe

and woohoo XD I can understand that, 'Förhandsboka' and 'Fullbokad' (don't mind me, my brain is just melting here ;p)