Pre Requisites for Chapter 10 Conquest Hard

Lucina's Husband

Hi, I know that having a Great Knight Jakob really trivializes the early chapters, but I am determined to get through Chapter 10 Conquest on Hard with a Male Corrin, who will marry Azura.

Can someone give me some level or weapon pre-requisites for the chapter?

I'm thinking of getting Corrin to between Level 12 and 13, Silas to Level 10 with a D-Rank in Lances, Elise with at least three uses of her Freeze staff left, Felicia to as high a level as I can get her, and Niles, Effie, and Arthur to as close to level 11 as well. When I got Odin to Level 9 on Mozu's paralogue, the run died horribly. Do I NEED to get Mozu to level 10 and have her become an archer to snipe the Pegasus Knights? Are there any other options I need to think about?

Please and thank you, this chapter has been giving me nightmares.

Which levels should everybody be, which stat growths do they need, and which weapons should they have to ensure that I'm not destroyed?

Chapter 10 on Hard...the 'survive 11 turns' map? I got through on Casual with mid-battle saves and no promoted units (other than Camilia, of course), but if you're going through Classic, I wish you the best of luck.

For the most part, my team was focused around the middle, with Niles using the Balista (you may need to share Azura with him if it looks like he's in range of ninjas and liable to getting pulled out into danger, though). Enemies can't be killed by Balista shots, but they can be reduced to 1 HP, so focus on other groups if it's looking like your average units can easily kill them. Especially Sky Warriors/Peg Knights. Nyx and/or Odin can also use a magic orb nearby for similar purposes; it's probably better to shoot it downwards than to the leftmost front, as even if they break through the barricade, it's not hard to put a unit in their path. You'll want at least one defensive unit like Effie headed up and to the right, and preferably with both a Javelin and a good support partner, so that archer reinforcements can be dealt with before Beruka and Camilia need to fret. Eventually, the barricades at the middle will crumble, and the rivers will dry up as well; your main concern at that point should still be defending the middle, as a good-movement unit like Silas can quickly retreat if a fighter approaches from the left.

Try to visit the houses when you have a chance to for rewards, but it's a fool's errand to go after Takumi; it's much wiser to get a good defensive line going than to head south and leave a hole in your formation. Camilia and Beruka are invaluable for dealing with any Peg Knights that manage to get by, and the Royal Princess is also good at handling at least one of Takumi's vassals; in my play through, Camilia and Severa easily dispatched Oboro, while it took the combined strength of four units and a lucky critical to topple Hinata on the other side of the map.

...At least, that's what I suggest. Sorry if it's not the kind of advice you were hoping for.

Don't spread your forces too thin, try to stay around the starting area. The bottom left I mean right house does have a dracoshield but only go for it if there is absolutely no risk, and visit with Camilla if you do decide to get it.

I'd say GK!Jakob is definitely necessary though.

I can confirm this is nonsense.

Edited by DavidSW

Don't spread your forces too thin, try to stay around the starting area. The bottom left house does have a dracoshield but only go for it if there is absolutely no risk, and visit with Camilla if you do decide to get it.

I can confirm this is nonsense.

Should Felicia be reclassed? Does Mozu absolutely need to be an archer?

I did it with Felicia still as a maid and without deploying Mozu(didn't make her an archer), but my team at that point varies from what your team would be so it's difficult to give specific unit advice like that.

EDIT: Also I goofed, bottom right house has the dracoshield

Edited by DavidSW

On hard/classic, you don't need to do any of these things like, at all and I honestly doubt you'd need to do them on lunatic either. I beat it without re-classing anyone. It's like David said, just don't spread your forces too thinly, and don't really bother killing things that aren't threatening you if they're too far away.

Edited by Nobody

On hard/classic, you don't need to do any of these things like, at all and I honestly doubt you'd need to do them on lunatic either. I beat it without re-classing anyone. It's like David said, just don't spread your forces too thinly, and don't really bother killing things that aren't threatening you if they're too far away.

I got absolutely destroyed on Hard Classic. I also couldn't even get through Chapter 8 on Lunatic. Are there any support levels that help out? I had Effie and Arthur.

Edited by Lucina's Husband

I got absolutely destroyed on Hard Classic. I also couldn't even get through Chapter 8 on Lunatic. Are there any support levels that help out? I had Effie and Arthur.

Effie/Arthur is really good, as is Corrin/Felicia, at least on the early game. He personal skill is a huge help for him.

Edited by Nobody

If you trained Effie it helps too.

When you get Camilla pair her up with either Arthur or at the least swallow a Speed Bond. You should be able to get the Dracoshield without any real issues if you have Camilla Paired Up with anyone and just have her stand near people. Oboro is easily trivialized in this map in HM with Speed Bond Camilla. Juggle around Attack Stance and Pair Up though - you will need to do that.

Something that CAN also help is having Nyx and Felicia paired up and taking the Archers approaching the far-right Ballistae. Base Nyx SHOULD be able to ORKO Archers with a Felicia support. If not - grab a Speed or Magic Bond to help.

You could probably bum-rush to Takumi, but I would make sure you have a unit that can reliably ORKO him. Takumi is pretty quick even in this chapter.

Edited by Colonel M

The most important "trick" to C10 is use Camilla a lot, even if for some reason you're normally adverse to using prepromotes. One round the Defense Seal lancers and Oboro to not deal with the Def loss, one shot the Ninjas to not deal with Poison, or pair with Odin and use magic, etc.

There are a lot of ways to approach the chapter based on your team. In terms of what should nearly always work regardless of levels/earlier decisions...

Selena at base + Arthur/Beruka + Tonics can fight decently, particularly Onis. Odin/Nyx+Azura can weaken enemies significantly with the magic orb. Niles+Azura should ohko Pegasus that fly by, have others use Attack stance with Niles if stuff misses.

Also, early promote someone you don’t plan to use (as a combat unit) long-term if really necessary. Maybe Silas or Effie to Great Knight if level 10 to tank, Selena to Hero to oneround stuff, etc. They can still be Pair-Up support later, or Selena can go to Falcon for staves/Rally/flight.

Edited by XeKr

My lunatic strat for ch10

step one hand silias a javalin and activate C support with avatar.

step 2, kill corin, there is a really convenient group of oni+nina that you can feed on to trigger this and level up.

step 3

xzurZP0.png

Just have him divebomb groups if you want exp/villages, any groups, he literally cannot die on this map, or just have him go stab takadieinhell if you want to skip the juicy free exp. Other mooks do other mook things and get levels (nostank owaindin also feeds pretty hard here as does a very sanic arthur and both archers).

This should let you skip pretty much all the early promo/non utility camilia use and get pretty good exp distribution.

Edited by joshcja

Where is the experience in Mozu's paralogue best distributed? I gave it to Odin last time and felt like that really screwed me over. He was level 9 and completely unhelpful. I don't want to waste a seal, but I will if it helps me get by. I plan to use Camilla and Selena as attacking units, so if I can get any experience on them, I'd be grateful!

Camilla/Selena join in the chapter. And I don't think Mozu's paralogue scales like the children ones for exp purposes? I guess I never really delay it.

I'd say Silas is probably the most worth investing into if Jakob isn't an option. Corrin is probably too high level to get much exp for that chapter.

If you really want to use Mozu for some reason, give her the exp though. Archer does give her a niche, even if inefficient.

Edited by XeKr

Where is the experience in Mozu's paralogue best distributed? I gave it to Odin last time and felt like that really screwed me over. He was level 9 and completely unhelpful. I don't want to waste a seal, but I will if it helps me get by. I plan to use Camilla and Selena as attacking units, so if I can get any experience on them, I'd be grateful!

Odins worth feeding if you give him a decent speed pairup and a nos tome. Otherwise nyx is worth feeding with....a fat husbando and a nos tome.

If its casual play immediately seal mozu and feed her every kill you can. If its fast play give her a seal and quickly feed her every kill you can. Archers are amazing in this game.

Edited by joshcja

Oh wow, can a Level 9 Odin with a Nosferatu tome pull weight on Chapter 10? Going to try to get Silas to around Level 12, Effie and Arthur to level 11... went out of my way to grind Azura to Level 25 so her voice of peace skill might help put. If I was feeling really crazy I would get her to Level 32 for foreign princess.

Also, what's the best way to start netting kills with Selena? Maybe I could get Silas to like Level 12 and promote him to great knight, then use them for attack stance? Does Felicia have any uses reclassed to Bow Knight? She could always get rid of the extra pegasus that always seem to sail past me....

Put her on owaindin and shark kills when the coast is clear, she wants to be a speed boosting bowbird so its not like you're building wep rank unless you just really want sol.

The northwest village+wall is literally made for solo nostanking and she has just enough time to get to him before the strong wave starts.

Silias can tank the map as a cav if didn't clarify that. +8/-5 from vow+elbow+supportive off his high nat bulk and pairup adds is already overkill. He's one of a handful of legitimately good EP units in a game that focuses on player phase do yourself a favor and don't waste him avatar can easily gain 1.5-2 levels off the map in their one ep of combat+gaurds so its not like they're going to drop off from it.

Edited by joshcja

Azura is Level 26

Corrin, Elise, and Felicia are Level 12. I bought Elise and Felicia new Heal staves and Elise has all her Freeze uses.

Silas, Effie, and Odin are Level 11. Silas and Effie have Javelins. Odin has a Nosferatu Tome.

Niles is 10, he captured Haitaka.

Nyx and Mozu are untouched.

Could Haitaka help me out if I recruit him?

Should I be okay with these for hard? I'm still terrified to start. I have an Invasion to play through if anyone needs an extra level....

Edited by Lucina's Husband

Also, what's the best way to start netting kills with Selena? Maybe I could get Silas to like Level 12 and promote him to great knight, then use them for attack stance? Does Felicia have any uses reclassed to Bow Knight? She could always get rid of the extra pegasus that always seem to sail past me....

The reason I brought up Selena because she’s fairly good at base, due to her high Spd and Def. She only wants Tonics and Str Pair Up to get started, she does not need to be fed kills.

And it depends on your Boon/Bane, but Felicia staying as a maid can be good to help Levin Sword use. Bow Knight can work if you really need the help against fliers, and does give move in Pair Up. Camilla+Zero+Azura+others Tag Teaming should be enough though.

You're probably overprepared (I'm assuming Silas/Effie are 10/11? or are they base?). Haitaka's Rally Defense could help.

Edited by XeKr

Your teamnis way better than mine and i beat this chapter in two tries (thanks 1% crit on turn 10). Be super careful when using Javelins and you should be alright.

Hell you get Camilla who OneHitKOs like any flier on the map

Edited by Elieson