What if then next fire emblem game.....

jake72002

Apparently it was considered that Awakening take place in modern time, so I wouldn't say that guns are completely out of the question. Fire Emblem has always taken place in a medieval setting, and considering how badly Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE bombed, which took place in modern times, I don't think we're getting anything like that anytime soon (although there's probably a billion other reasons it flopped harder than a fish tossed off the Eiffel Tower)

This is SerenesForest, so I'm sure IntSyst could release Fire Emblem: Dancing all Night and everyone and their dog on these forums would play it. I'd be interested in a game that took place in a different time period, no matter if it was modern times or the 17th century or whatever they decided to go with

They'd be the second coming of Gaiden bows, but with the drawback of low uses, consuming your turn to reload and having a different damage formula.

Your call on whether you'd like to see that in FE.

Sure, a few simple Fire arms would be interesting, and could create some interesting new classes. I don't see why a simple fire arm like Flintlocks, Blunderbuss, and Muskets wouldn't be doable with magic around. Of course I wouldn't want it to go too far because it would also reach into the high fantasy settings of Final Fantasy and the like where you have medieval fantasy mixed with more sci-fi technology. Flintlocks and similar I would be fine with though, and could create an interesting situation of a more steampunk high tech kingdom vs a typical fantasy kingdom. Magic vs Tech basically.

I'm not a fan of firearms, so I'd definitely prefer that FE stay with the medieval type weapons.

But given that I enjoyed Age of Empires II, which is a medieval game that featured hand cannoneers, it could work, I suppose.

Edited by Anacybele

Yea I would, would make it interesting to see how it could change ranged gameplay, maybe similar to how crossbows in Radiant Dawn gave archers a sort of melee type combat while also being a much slower weapon to use possibly even only getting one attack before the need to reload.

Would they function like 1-2 range bows, or would they be a lot farther?

I can see them with a range of 3-4 but with the limitation of not being able to hit something behind targets to balance out taking out healers and other "softer" targets so easily. Would make sense to as with a bow you can angle it up a bit to lob the arrow over someone, but a bullet goes straight so it would have to go through the first guy and hit behind him, which with older fire arms was a little difficult to pull off.

With the tech they showed off in Hoshido, I can see fire arms becoming a think sooner or later since the Mechanist was riding a mechanical bull shooting arrows from its mouth.