Fire Emblem: Honest Trailers

Rend Keaven

So yeah, this was uploaded from the offical honest trailers channel today and honestly (no pun intended) it was decent and I was hoping they did one for each game. Although literal pothead did get me. Thoughts on this video?

Ah! They finally made one! :D

I only watched a bit of it and it wasn't too bad. Agree with the bit about Fire emblem turning into shipping a self-insert character with the rest of the cast bit Though, I wish they did one for each game like they do with Pokemon.

Thank you for sharing!

Edited by Dark Falcon

lol, that was really funny. XD

I'd be glad to get that one speed on Sain though, he doesn't usually get speed! :P

Although, one thing they got wrong: they showed Selkie when the narrator said "cat ladies" and Selkie is a fox.

LOL. So true: 'Starring: Those guys with swords from Smash Bros.!' I was little® at the time when I started playing Brawl (My first Smash game), and totally not the Nintendo fan that I am today, so Brawl was the first game that I had seen them in! :XD: Please no hate. :ph34r:

LOL. So true: 'Starring: Those guys with swords from Smash Bros.!' I was little® at the time when I started playing Brawl (My first Smash game), and totally not the Nintendo fan that I am today, so Brawl was the first game that I had seen them in! :XD: Please no hate. :ph34r:

None given the only reason I ever knew of Fire Emblem was from Melee...

People who played the Fire Emblem series BEFORE Melee in this forum are practically nonexistent. I saw Marth and Roy in Melee, googled Fire Emblem and ended up playing Roy's game first untranslated and before FE7 came out.

To this day it's interesting how people find the series hard to get into without a translation and now every single game in the series has one.

Also, "tactical game wrapped in an anime visual novel" is so true it hurts.

Edited by Sirius

For all of you hating about stolen footage, it's covered under Fair Use because he is using in a matter for satire and commentary. #WTFU.

It's a pretty big problem when you don't credit where the footage is from or the source. This makes it look like all the footage was made all by them. Not to mention they're monetizing this which is basically shooting the other content creator's foot since they never asked permission for it.

I have had a couple of my videos used in other people's reviews, thoughts, impressions and opinions and commentaries but they were all asked for permission before being used for their video.

Edited by kingddd

For all of you hating about stolen footage, it's covered under Fair Use because he is using in a matter for satire and commentary. #WTFU.

4:46.

My footage was taken by hours of hard hacking work.

They weren't commenting on my thing that I created originally.

A full minute of my footage with general smash commentary.

They could have used their own footage with what they were talking about.

Not even a mention.

It's fair use, but it's a pretty dick move.

At least GameXplain owned up to their mistake back then.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'll give you that it isn't kind or even right, but if he makes a living off of these videos, he puts himself at considerable risk by doing so. Fair Use has been in debate since the Copyright Act. So many companies have a stick up their ass about riffed and/or commentated content they go out of their way to financially ruin working class people. Granted, shadow doesn't actually own the content because the original source material isn't his anyway, so that part is mute anyway. I play the devil's advocate if there is an even more powerful demon supporting the status quo. Smosh should apologize, but nothing is really lost by it being there, except maybe his integrity as a content creator.

Hmm, mildly amusing. Usually Honest Trailers have fun play on words (like Donnel being a pot head) or humorous insights but most of the commentary was... a pretty straightforward summary of the series.

Heh, I never expected they would make something for FE. It's nice to see the series getting some more recognition, and they seem to have done a fair amount of research beforehand too. (Or maybe they just brought a FE fan to write the script).

Edited by RidellCrimea