Revelations DLC Playable on multiple Carts?

Sentacotus

As I was not lucky enough to get a special edition I will be downloading Revelations separately. I also have a physical version of Hoshido and Nohr. My question is that if I pay for it and download it once will I be able to play it on any physical cart just like the dragon's gate DLC or am I limited to playing it only on one cart? Reason I ask is because I've heard you have to beat one of the paths in order to play the third path.

If I can hazard a guess, both carts should be able to access the Revelation path on the same SD card.

Not sure about beating Birthright/Conquest first being a prerequisite for playing Revelation though it is recommended for the "full enjoyment of the experience" since I have the special edition cart which gives me the option to play Revelation as soon as I hit Ch. 6 for the first time.

If I can hazard a guess, both carts should be able to access the Revelation path on the same SD card.

Not sure about beating Birthright/Conquest first being a prerequisite for playing Revelation though it is recommended for the "full enjoyment of the experience" since I have the special edition cart which gives me the option to play Revelation as soon as I hit Ch. 6 for the first time.

Well I guess that answers that then. Hopefully even if that's the case downloading Revelations gives you extra save slots as well.