Scarlet (Conquest chapter 13 spoilers)

BruceLee

There's something that's been bothering me. In chapter 13 after Scarlet is injured by Corrin, Hans and his gang start rolling through killing the Cheve civilians, including Scarlet.

Camilla says the following:

In japanese version(fan translation): ''It was almost as if they were putting on a display when they killed her.''

In english version: ''The poor thing. They killed her in such a way.....Well, they clearly meant to make an example of her.''

I'm wondering how others interpret that. They apparently want to leave it to our imagination, which i don't like at all, i'm horrified just thinking about what they could have possibly done to her.

Edited by BruceLee

Implied torture or at least a gruesome execution

Crucifixion? Quartering? Impalement? You decide!

LpS3GRR87V2qfqCk5GlLdM7TlyZEMWcfTUGrU86g

I'm gonna be boring and suggest that they put her head on a stick.

Never thought I'd ever use that combination of words, but stranger things have happened.

I'm gonna be boring and suggest that they put her head on a stick.

Never thought I'd ever use that combination of words, but stranger things have happened.

A beheading? How pedestrian...

Apply yourself, Phillius.

I agree with most of you guys. The best case scenario i can imagine for her is a beheading(as fucked up as that sounds).

But i fear much worse.....

Don't worry guys, it's a small price to pay for Corrin's heroism.

Yes, truly a ''radiant light''.

Edited by BruceLee

I headcanon she was forced to walk around the village naked, then after that, she had her breasts cut off and had a spear forced down her... well you can make your own thoughts here then beheaded.

Or maybe she went out like Joan of Arc. You know, burned at the stake and then beheaded*.

(*, I added the beheaded part.)

Or maybe she went out like Joan of Arc. You know, burned at the stake and then beheaded*.

(*, I added the beheaded part.)

That sounds massively inconvenient. Wouldn't you catch on fire trying to behead a person burning on a stake? Unless you wait until the fire goes out but then you're just beheading a pile of ashes.

Implied torture or at least a gruesome execution

Crucifixion? Quartering? Impalement? You decide!

LpS3GRR87V2qfqCk5GlLdM7TlyZEMWcfTUGrU86g

Both her and her wyvern are decapitated. They nail her body to a wall and sew the wyvern's head on her corpse.

Both her and her wyvern are decapitated. They nail her body to a wall and sew the wyvern's head on her corpse.

This reminds me of the Red Wedding in GoT.

In fact that's my new headcanon. What happened in Nohr Ch13 is the exact same as the Red Wedding in GoT.

That sounds massively inconvenient. Wouldn't you catch on fire trying to behead a person burning on a stake? Unless you wait until the fire goes out but then you're just beheading a pile of ashes.

I was a joke.

Never heard of overkill?

Yeah, I kinda wish they just stated it explicitly... Leaving this up to our imagination is not a good idea.

Don't worry guys, it's a small price to pay for Corrin's heroism.

Of course, along with all the other deaths down the line.

Yeah, I kinda wish they just stated it explicitly... Leaving this up to our imagination is not a good idea.

Of course, along with all the other deaths down the line.

Pff, what deaths? Corrin and his army have the ability to stab people without killing them - all deaths are someone else's fault, obviously.

Edited by Thane

Pff, what deaths? Corrin and his army has the ability to stab people without killing them - all deaths are someone else's fault, obviously.

This is what ticks me off.

There's "keeping casualties to a minimum", and there's that. If they had just done the former, things wouldn't have been half as ridiculous.

I don't see the problem with leaving it to the imagination at all. It's most likely something rather grotesque, and we don't need to hear about it explicitly. The in-game text implies juuust fine what sort of terrible things it might have been. :(

I don't mind it either, because honestly anything they would (or could, for that matter) have told us is nowhere near as frightening as what some of our imaginations could come up with. I'm more annoyed with how they basically killed off a pretty great character just to reinforce that Hans is a one-note evil character and that Corrin is completely powerless to actually change anything in Nohr.