Bond Units - show yours off!

Damosel

The Serenes Forest page shows all combinations, look at the title on top of the page. It hasn't been updated with the information from the localization though, so the names and skill names don't match the default ones from the NA version.

Anyway, you can use bond units in the campaign just fine, the main issue is that they always start at level 1, rather than scaling up like the children, so they basically aren't usable in Nohr unless you use the grinding DLC.

Edited by NeonZ

Regarding the Bonds unit, has anyone figured out how their appearance works? The hair color seems to randomly come from one of the parents, but what about the appearance itself? Has anyone gotten any of the Bond Units with the default names listed bellow?

I'm wondering if they were identical to those but with different hair colors or completely different designs altogether.

BondUnit_NohrxHoshido_Thorn_02_zpsftnedrBondUnit_Hunter_01_zpsdsd59ceu.jpgBondUnit_Pepper_01_zpso5udsuah.jpg

Here is the bond unit that me and RainbowtoRosie made together.

bB6hzHy.jpg

Regarding the Bonds unit, has anyone figured out how their appearance works? The hair color seems to randomly come from one of the parents, but what about the appearance itself? Has anyone gotten any of the Bond Units with the default names listed bellow?

I'm wondering if they were identical to those but with different hair colors or completely different designs altogether.

I think their appearance is based on the hair color of the person you visit (like RainbowtoRosie's version of Hakuto has my character's black hair color but mine has her lord blue hair color) and that opposite avatar build (both my and Rain's avatar builds are female!avatar build 2 but Hakuto is male!avatar build 1) but I might be wrong.

BondUnit_NohrxHoshido_Thorn_02_zpsftnedrBondUnit_Hunter_01_zpsdsd59ceu.jpgBondUnit_Pepper_01_zpso5udsuah.jpg

I have a Thorn with Gentilhomme as well, but it may just be coincidence. I might as well show off my other unit too.

post-7699-0-22564300-1457031711_thumb.jpg post-7699-0-24055500-1457031747_thumb.jpg

Since apparently my game isn't good with choosing names here's the Bond Units I have with the same name; their class and "Personal Skill". (Leaving out the base skill from their class and the skill inherited from both Corrins). The names of the Corrins' are what's listed in my inbox since I don't know or remember who's castle they're from.

I guess the name is tied with their Personal Skill slot

1st Himawari, Apothecary, Divine Retribution - Zerese

2nd Himawari, FIghter, Divine Retribution - Sky

1st Chigusa, Apothecary, Reciprocity - Blitz

2nd Chigusa, Dark Mage, Reciprocity - Kamiko

3rd Chigusa, Apothecary, Reciprocity - Jennifer

1st Sequoia, Apothecary, Rend Heaven - Corrin

2nd Sequoia, Apothecary, Rend Heaven - Sophina

Edited by Frozenkappa

I have a Thorn with Gentilhomme as well, but it may just be coincidence. I might as well show off my other unit too.

attachicon.gifBU_Thorn.jpg attachicon.gifBU_Nori.jpg

If you look at Serenes' page, the gender and personal skill are tied to the default name. But, considering that Thorn you posted there, it seems like the appearance is just randomly generated based on the parents. I guess that answers my question though.

Edited by NeonZ

The Serenes Forest page shows all combinations, look at the title on top of the page. It hasn't been updated with the information from the localization though, so the names and skill names don't match the default ones from the NA version.

Anyway, you can use bond units in the campaign just fine, the main issue is that they always start at level 1, rather than scaling up like the children, so they basically aren't usable in Nohr unless you use the grinding DLC.

Oh. Oops (is embarrassed). Can't believe I missed that.

Interesting that they work in the Nohr campaign, but you have a point that they wouldn't be useful anyways, so I guess that doesn't really affect the balance.

Did they fix the issue in the japanese version that causes them to be unable to return to their default class if it is not norh prince/princess for the us release?

I checked with my Bond Unit and she could reclass between Nohr Princess, my Avatar's and my friend's Avatar's talents without problems. I can't say if there would be an issue when there's a shared talent or the main class is somehow not a talent.

In our case, the one I got had my hair color and boon, with my friend's hair color, bane and talent as main class, and it was viceversa on their file. Both BU's had the same personal skill, default name, and my friend's build, the latter could be due to my friend getting her first, since mine appeared 2 days and 2 visits later.

I think there might be a glitch where if you recruited someone's Avatar/have an old version in the logbook, you might not get a Bond Unit until you remove them. Either that, or you have to unlock a child paralogue/read the Deeprealms explanation first, or there's something else I am unaware of.

• 2 weeks later...

Question 1: How are the basic stats calculated (Str, Spd, Lck, etc.)?

Question 2: If you are not satisfied with the "Bond Unit"'s personal skill, can you delete and create another one?

Couldn't find a lot of information on this. Thanks!!!