Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psychic/Steel?

Psychic/Ghost?

Not what anybody predicted, that's for sure.

EDIT: And I bet there's going to be a crapload of Lillie fanart in a couple hours.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm down with those types. Also, Moongeist Beam is an amazing attack, fr srs.

Although, if that's it...I admit...I find myself a bit underwhelmed and disappointed.

Edited by Dai

Did not see those typings coming!

But I like them!

And looking at the region's map, I can already see at least one secret island hidden by the clouds.

And Rotom Pokedex thing caught me by surprise!

That blond girl...Is she a rival or just an assistant?

Did not see those typings coming!

But I like them!

And looking at the region's map, I can already see at least one secret island hidden by the clouds.

And Rotom Pokedex thing caught me by surprise!

That blond girl...Is she a rival or just an assistant?

Upper-left corner, right?

And Lillie's going to be the Cheren rival to Hau's Bianca. If I could I'd put money down on it I would.

Lame. Mostly stuff we already knew.

The only new things are the typings of the legendaries (why is Solgaleo NOT a Fire type?!) and a new Rotom form and a few character names. No new Pokemon or gym leaders or anything. Hype was for absolutely nothing.

I can't be interested in buying Sun if there's little to be interested IN.

Upper-left corner, right?

And Lillie's going to be the Cheren rival to Hau's Bianca. If I could I'd put money down on it I would.

Actually, it's in the south-western corner.

If you look at the map the proffesor is showing you when he says that the region is made up of many islands, you can see some strangely large clouds in the south corner.

The only new things are the typings of the legendaries (why is Solgaleo NOT a Fire type?!) and a new Rotom form and a few character names. No new Pokemon or gym leaders or anything. Hype was for absolutely nothing.

Hey, come on!

We got the legendary typings, we saw the map of the whole region and even saw the two new rivals!

That's some pretty good info this early on!

Edited by Water Mage

Although, if that's it...I admit...I find myself a bit underwhelmed and disappointed.

I am not disappointed! I feel like they revealed a good amount of info. All I was curious about was the name and types of the legendaries.

Okay

So

Kukui is the Professor

Sogaleo and Lunala are the legendaries. Sogaleo is Psy/Steel and Lunala is Psy/Ghost

Sogaleo's ability is Full Metal Body. It seems to work like Clear Body, preventing stat lowers. It's signature move is Sunsteel Strike.

Lunala's ability is Shadow Shield. It's signature move is Moongiest Beam. We don't actually see what Shadow Shield does, but maybe it's like Teravolt and Turboblaze and does the same thing as Sogaleo's Full Metal Body?

Rival is Hau. Kukui's assistant is Lillie.

Rotom Pokédexes? Does that mean we can send out Pokédex into battle? haha, kidding.

Personally, I really like the legendaries. Types were unexpected (though psy/ghost has two 4x weaknesses... ouch). I wonder what Hala's role is, since Kukui is the professor.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Entei looks more like a shaggy dog to me than a lion, and yes, we did just get the Litleo line, but this is a legendary based off of the sun, a hot, flaming ball of gas. No Fire type makes no sense. And if GF didn't want another Fire lion already, they should've picked a different animal, not force a type that makes no sense.

OkaySoKukui is the ProfessorSogaleo and Lunala are the legendaries. Sogaleo is Psy/Steel and Lunala is Psy/GhostSogaleo's ability is Full Metal Body. It seems to work like Clear Body, preventing stat lowers. It's signature move is Sunsteel Strike.Lunala's ability is Shadow Shield. It's signature move is Moongiest Beam. We don't actually see what Shadow Shield does, but maybe it's like Teravolt and Turboblaze and does the same thing as Sogaleo's Full Metal Body?Rival is Hau. Kukui's assistant is Lillie.Rotom Pokédexes? Does that mean we can send out Pokédex into battle? haha, kidding.Personally, I really like the legendaries. Types were unexpected (though psy/ghost has two 4x weaknesses... ouch). I wonder what Hala's role is, since Kukui is the professor.

To be fair those 4x weaknesses are Dark and Ghost, and people hardly use these types at the same time, since they are super-effective agains the same types.

It's a great offensive type though! Hope it's a fast Pokemon!

Actually, it's in the south-western corner.

If you look at the map the proffesor is showing you when he says that the region is made up of many islands, you can see some strangely large clouds in the south corner.

Huh. I thought I saw one hidden behind the clouds on the main regional map, but that seems to just be water with a greenish tint.

The slower stream of information after X and Y/ORAS revealed virtually everything before release is pretty nice, personally.

CoroCoro is supposed to have some new info later this month, if that helps.

If they do monthly trailers + CoroCoro scoops, we've got 8-10 information dumps before the game comes out.

Anyways, there's something that I find kinda scary in the trailer: Salamence and Gengar appear. Now, this may not mean much, but I'm unfortunately beginning to think we're going to have another X and Y pokedex disaster.

Edited by The DanMan

To be fair those 4x weaknesses are Dark and Ghost, and people hardly use these types at the same time, since they are super-effective agains the same types.

It's a great offensive type though! Hope it's a fast Pokemon!

I can see Lunala being the fast sweeper to Sogaleo's stone wall (steel wall?). Its build looks like it would be faster. Edited by Glaceon Mage

Hey, come on!

We got the legendary typings, we saw the map of the whole region and even saw the two new rivals!

That's some pretty good info this early on!

Lol, no it isn't. A map and couple of typings, woop dee doo. And rivals we already saw, wow, SO impressed.

I'm fine with slowing down the info reveal, but this is TOO slow. We keep getting near nothing significant.

Lol, no it isn't. A map and couple of typings, woop dee doo. And rivals we already saw, wow, SO impressed.

We didn't see the lady in the white before, nor did we see the Rotomdex. We also have some abilities and signature moves. There's more than just that.

Alright let's jump right on in with the summarizing then!

New Info

• The Sun legendary's name and typing has been revealed. Its name is Solgaleo, and its typing is Psychic/Steel. We also finally see its signature ability and signature move - the ability is called Full Metal Body and seems to prevent its stats from being lowered, and its signature move is called Sunsteel Strike.
  • The Moon legendary's name and typing has been revealed. Its name is Lunala, and its typing is Psychic/Ghost. (!!!) We also learn the name of its signature ability and see its signature move - the ability is called Shadow Shield and its signature move is called Moongeist Beam, and said move appears to be a Ghost-type move.
  • The battle interface has gotten an update.
  • Alola has been confirmed to be split up into several islands that have to be traversed by water.
  • The default trainer appearances are confirmed to be the black-haired, pale-skinned boy and the black-haired, pale-skinned girl.
  • Kukui is officially labeled to us as a Professor, and is most likely the professor for the region.
  • A new character was introduced to us as Lillie, Professor Kukui's "mysterious" assistant.
  • The dark-skinned, green-haired boy from the first trailer has a name: Hau, described as "your new friend in Alola".
  • Pokedexes have gotten a major update. There's now a Rotom inside the Pokedex that speaks to you. It's called a "whole new way for Pokemon and people to communicate".

Theories & Question (just things I've noted that I want to point out)

• If Kukui is now the official professor, what's Hala's role, considering that Hala is the one shown to give you your Pokemon? Does this mean Kukui, like Professor Sycamore, will give you a different Pokemon?
  • In Kukui's reveal spot, he tells the player "That could be the reason the region is chock full of rare Pokemon, yeah!" Does this mean Alola will only have new Pokemon? Or at least an abundance of new Pokemon rather than Kalos' mix of new and old (but majorly old)?
  • Since in the reveal trailer, Hau picked the Pokemon that was weak to yours, Lillie may be your "true" rival akin to Calem from Pokemon XY, and pick the Pokemon that's stronger against yours.
  • Is Lillie dubbed "mysterious" because she's also not from Alola either? She /is/ considerably paler than any native Alolian we've seen so far. I also wonder about her personality, as both of her portraits have negative expressions (her main one looks angry, while the in-game shot we get of her looks sad) and unlike Hau and Kukui, she says nothing.
  • Does this mean with the Rotom inside the Pokedex we'll be able to speak to Pokemon and understand them? The Rotom clearly speak English (or... Alolian, I suppose) and has a Pokemon, it can probably communicate to other Pokemon. This is a stretch, but what if that ties into the objective for the villain team of this generation?

If I missed anything, just tell me and I'll edit!