Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

At first, they even refused to change the japanese name, and the translators had to insist and discuss for hours to chose a new name, and explain while some should be changed, because tehy could sounds offensive. (They're not all perfect, because after a whiel everyone is tired and you just accept whatever sounds OK.) It was one of the French translator for Gen 1 and 2 (Who I've heard an inerwiew some time ag) who explained to them they couldn't keep Zenikame (Squirtle) because it sounds liek the French Name for "Junkie", for example.

French is my first language and there's not a single word that is similar to ''Zenikame'' (Junkie is ''Drogué'').

Maybe they were a little too paranoid about names.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

French is my first language and there's not a single word that is similar to ''Zenikame'' (Junkie is ''Drogué'').

Maybe it's a difference between Quebec French and France French? Shytenda is from France... Edited by Glaceon Mage

Maybe it's a difference between Quebec French and France French? Shytenda is from France...

Umm could be possible but I doubt it, unless it's somekind of old word that I never heard about.

Umm could be possible but I doubt it, unless it's somekind of old word that I never heard about.

I dunno anything about French personally, was just the first possible reason I can think of. Sorta like the differences between NA English and British English, or Castilian Spanish vs the various forms of Latin American Spanish.

I dunno anything about French personally, was just the first possible reason I can think of. Sorta like the differences between NA English and British English, or Castilian Spanish vs the various forms of Latin American Spanish.

Yup there's many differences, dunno why I said possible.

I was talking about the word.

(I'm such a klutz sometimes -_-').

Edited by Nym

The "Kame" parts sounds like "Camé", which is slang for "Drogué".

I agree they were paranoid, since it's quite a stretch.

New Pokemon shown in the stream!

Yungoos, I guess based on a mongoose? It looks a little too much like Linoone to me though. But at least it's not similar in personality, this little guy loves to eat. Looks like it's the regional Normal type "rodent."

Edited by Anacybele

Popplio learns Fairy type moves! I wonder if my guess that it might evolve into a Water/Fairy type is true! I might end up picking Popplio instead of Litten for my starter if that's the case! Fairy is my favorite type other than Fire. <3

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, so I actually really like the fact that it's dlsplayed whether a move is super effective or not as effective after you've fought a Pokemon before.

It may seem like it makes the game easier but honestly, it's really difficult to remember everything and makes it a lot easier on younger players.

And people like myself with memory issues....

In other news, HEYO NEW GAMEPLAY MODE.

Ck7QIYjUkAAWg_p.jpg

They also lowkey confirmed customization. NO MORE GLOVE WORLD HAT.

Edited by Vashiane

SOME customization. Notice that the player characters' hair styles remained the same. Looks like we might only be able to change clothes and eye color, that's it. Kind of a bummer, because I like longer hair on my females.

But Battle Royal looks cool!

Time's about up for today's Pokemon Sun/Moon stuff, so here's a summary of it for everyone!

- Two new Pokemon, Yungoos and Pikipek, were shown. Yungoos appears to be the regional Normal type rodent and loves to eat. Kekipek is a woodpecker and appears to be the regional bird.

- Battle Royal mode introduced

- Battle screen shown

- You can customize your trainer like in XY to some extent

- Popplio has Fairy type moves in its level up pool (this is significant because it could hint towards it gaining the Fairy type upon evolving)

Edited by Anacybele

I just hope the girl doesn't get so much more customization than the boy this time. Show some equality!

Also, Pikipek is adorable omg I love it.

And the UI is easily the best one we've had.

Edited by Glaceon Mage