Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Well, your best bet, if the Zodiac thing for Fire Starters is true is the Horse. Which Rapidash ironically already fills.

Yeah, exactly why I don't believe the Zodiac theory. I wouldn't complain if we got a fire horse as a starter since, you know, HORSES <3 But yeah, probably won't happen because Ponyta and Rapidash.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, exactly why I don't believe the Zodiac theory. I wouldn't complain if we got a fire horse as a starter since, you know, HORSES <3 But yeah, probably won't happen because Ponyta and Rapidash.

Thing is, Zodiac theory checks out pretty handily so far. The only odd one is Fennekin for the dog and Cyndaquil for the rat, but even still they work out fairly well.

And having another fire horse wouldn't exactly mean much. They reuse ideas fairly often. I mean...Electric Rodent. =I I still think they can do another fire horse, but they'd need to really spice it up. Maybe make a Pegasus.

I personally don't have any pokemon plushies, but my son has quite a few now.

I think he has Charmander, Squirtle, Tyrunt, Amaura, Torchic, and Pikachu. I might have forgotten something somewhere.

I'd love to see how they make a horse a biped, because they're obviously incapable of making quadruped Fire Starters anymore.

-Says someone who played DQV.

This makes me wonder if, for the goat, they'd make something like Bjorn the Behemoose.

Speaking of...I kind of wish Pokemon were larger at times. I mean, I can get why not, but one thing I love about the Dragon Quest series, the Monsters sub-series in particular, is that they grant you the ability to command some really titanic Pokemon. Like, a few good stories tall.

Edited by Dai

Thing is, Zodiac theory checks out pretty handily so far. The only odd one is Fennekin for the dog and Cyndaquil for the rat, but even still they work out fairly well.

And having another fire horse wouldn't exactly mean much. They reuse ideas fairly often. I mean...Electric Rodent. =I I still think they can do another fire horse, but they'd need to really spice it up. Maybe make a Pegasus.

I personally don't count Fennekin as the dog because it's not a true dog, it's a fox, and I don't count Cyndaquil for the rat because it's based off of a mouse which is different from a rat and evolves into what looks to me like a badger.

And the electric rodents are only because of Pikachu. xP Ponyta and Rapidash aren't as popular or recognizable.

This makes me wonder if, for the goat, they'd make something like Bjorn the Behemoose.

Speaking of...I kind of wish Pokemon were larger at times. I mean, I can get why, but one thing I love about the Dragon Quest series, the Monsters sub-series in particular, is that they grant you the ability to command some really titanic Pokemon. Like, a few good stories tall.

It'd be pretty amusing if they made a Bjorn like Pokémon, haha.

And yeah, DQ monsters get BIG. Rhapthorne and Bjorn are both the size of a large castle, for instance.

It'd be pretty amusing if they made a Bjorn like Pokémon, haha.

And yeah, DQ monsters get BIG. Rhapthorne and Bjorn are both the size of a large castle, for instance.

Ditto for Ruin himself. ;D

I personally don't count Fennekin as the dog because it's not a true dog, it's a fox, and I don't count Cyndaquil for the rat because it's based off of a mouse which is different from a rat and evolves into what looks to me like a badger.

It could also be that they do creatures with similar evolutionary ancestry or something.

Ditto for Ruin himself. ;D

It could also be that they do creatures with similar evolutionary ancestry or something.

You know, sometimes I forget Ruin even exists, the boss is so easy and pointless since his only attack is SMASH one person.

And yeah, foxes are canines, so I'd say Fennekin fits dog well enough.

You know, sometimes I forget Ruin even exists, the boss is so easy and pointless since his only attack is SMASH one person.

Ruin reminds me of Yu Yevon-only he's not the main antagonist.

Honestly, now I would like to see a Fire/Flying Pegasus starter, now that I think about it. Maybe with like, a hidden ability like Magic Guard or something. XD

Ruin reminds me of Yu Yevon-only he's not the main antagonist.

Honestly, now I would like to see a Fire/Flying Pegasus starter, now that I think about it. Maybe with like, a hidden ability like Magic Guard or something. XD

alternatively, make it Fairy type. It'd fail at escaping overrated lizard's shadow if it was flying... Shame too, overrated lizard is overrated.

alternatively, make it Fairy type. It'd fail at escaping overrated lizard's shadow if it was flying... Shame too, overrated lizard is overrated.

With Levitate, I assume? Otherwise, it'd be silly to see a Pegasus hit by Earthquake.

I like Charizard. It has a soft spot in my heart, though it wasn't my initial starter. Bulbasaur was.

With Levitate, I assume? Otherwise, it'd be silly to see a Pegasus hit by Earthquake.

I like Charizard. It has a soft spot in my heart, though it wasn't my initial starter. Bulbasaur was.

I'd say give Levitate as a hidden because Blaze tradition. I mean, Haunter was clearly floating pre-Gen III and was actually weak to ground before that gen.

Not all non-flying airborne Pokémon get Levitate, even after Gen III, either. Mewtwo Y, Deoxys, Solosis line, Elgyem line, Magnemite line, the Tapus, Dustox, Vikavolt you get the idea.

That's fine! Just personally find it really overrated.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Not all non-flying airborne Pokémon get Levitate, even after Gen III, either. Mewtwo Y, Deoxys, Solosis line, Elgyem line, Magnemite line, the Tapus, Dustox, Vikavolt you get the idea.

Vikavolt has Levitate.

At my game shop, they have cool looking badges.

I'm getting Moon, so I'd have the Lunalea one.

Dude, I want that Luna one so bad.

Edited by Dai

Japanese commercials and overview trailer.

[spoiler=Stats]Assuming neutral nature and 0 EVs.

Rowlet had 50 HP at level 15. That ranges from base 68-71 with 31 IVs to 84-86 with 0 IVs. That's pretty good for a basic pokemon.

Alolan Raichu had 122 HP at level 45. That ranges from base 59/60 with 31 IVs to base 75 with 0 IVs. My last stat analysis ranged updated the range to base 51 to base 60, and so the base now is either 59 or 60. Probably 60.

Torracat had 90 HP at level 31. That ranges from base 64/65 with 31 IVs to base 80 with 0 IVs.

Popplio had 42 HP at level 16. That ranges from base 35-37 with 31 IVs to base 50-53 with 0 IVs.

As much as I would like to guess Hakamo-o's Defense, I don't know it's HP. Still, surviving at about 20% is good at level 47 from a level 55 Dragonite's super effective Dragon Claw. A pokemon with 90/120 HP/Defense taking a super effective attack would have to roll at the lower damage range to survive like that.

Edited by Konnor97

The trailer has some cool footage. New Z-moves, Popplio learns Aqua Jet fuck

That wasn't Aqua Jet though. I thought it was at first, but it hit twice. Aqua Jet isn't a multi-hit attack. This must be some new Water version of Double Hit or something.

Fun tip: Set the overview trailer to .25 speed and start it from the beginning.

They tried really hard to not show it and start right away from the ball throwing sequence, but not hard enough.

Ana it only hit once. You're talking about when Popplio used the attack against Bounsweet and Salandit, right?

Edited by Konnor97

I don't get it? Are you saying that was a critical capture or something? If so, that's not surprising. Critical capture's been around since its debut in gen 5.

EDIT: Oh wait...I think I see what you're talking about now. That was pretty weird. Probably a glitch.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't get it? Are you saying that was a critical capture or something? If so, that's not surprising. Critical Capture's been around since its debut in gen 5.

For a very brief amount of time you can see Incineroar on the field. Immediately after it goes to the catching sequence. They didn't completely edit that part with Incineroar out for some reason.