Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a couple of days since the starters were revealed. I'm honestly surprised the internet hasn't been flooded with "leaks" of their evolutions.

I honestly didn't notice until you pointed it out.

Great, you have now jinxed it. The Internet shall flood within the next twenty four hours.

In all seriousness, I think people are too preoccupied being mesmerized by cute to care.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It's been a couple of days since the starters were revealed. I'm honestly surprised the internet hasn't been flooded with "leaks" of their evolutions.

The smart "leakers" are going to wait a couple months; then people will actually be expecting reveals of their second forms.

Wait, is the region called Alola or Aloha? I'm seeing multiple people use both. :/

And that resemblance to the Fates symbols IS odd...

It's Alola. Could've just googled that one.

Edited by DavidSW

From what I've seen Rowlet fans are fucking awful, Popplio fans are willing to fight to the death for it and Litten fans are just there

I'm a Rowlet fan that's just "there". I like all the starters okay, though.

From what I've seen Rowlet fans are fucking awful, Popplio fans are willing to fight to the death for it and Litten fans are just there

The Litten fans are too busy petting me.

I'll be picking Rowlet and naming him Jakob, and he'll hate everyone 'cept me XD Though its colour scheme reminds me more of Leo...

I'll be getting Sun, because Solgaleo is basically Ryoma's spirit Pokemon; from the glorious mane to the samurai face gear to the Hoshido crest on its forehead. That, or it's what Ryoma would look like if he could transform with a beast stone lol. I'm hoping the shiny version is red. Either way I'll be naming my Solgaleo after Ryoma

Shall we start guessing types?

Here are my guess for Litten's evolution type:

I think Litten will be Fire/Poison, due to the oil on it's fur.

Oil is something that can be very toxic, and is particulary poisonous to animals.

The oil is associated to sulfur, which is not only poisonous but also flamabble. The symbol on its head also resembles the alchemic symbol for sulfur.

Sulfur also produces toxic gas when burned, and Litten's black color is similar to the animals that are covered in oil.

Maybe it's evolution will be something similar to Litten, but with their body melting due the in their fur being covered in oil. Perhaps the final evolution will be a Fire/Poison skeletal tiger, with it's skin and fur almost completely melted.

Fire/Poison would be... interesting. That would give x4 resist to Fairy but x4 weakness to earthquake. Granted, depending on how bulky it is(or not rather) the extra EQ weakness might not actually mean much; given past cat pokemon that is probably a safe guess.

Just because it has poison doesn't mean it'll be Poison type though... There is a non-Poison type Pokemon or two that do have poison. I don't remember which one though. >_<

Still I can see Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark. I'd prefer the latter because I really don't want a double weakness to Ground on the starter I'm picking so far...

Based Goomy: Dude, it's Popplio...

Edited by Anacybele

Just because it has poison doesn't mean it'll be Poison type though... There is a non-Poison type Pokemon or two that do have poison. I don't remember which one though. >_<

We know that. This is merely speculation and theories.

Oil is something that can be very toxic, and is particulary poisonous to animals.

The oil is associated to sulfur, which is not only poisonous but also flamabble. The symbol on its head also resembles the alchemic symbol for sulfur.

Sulfur also produces toxic gas when burned, and Litten's black color is similar to the animals that are covered in oil.

Maybe it's evolution will be something similar to Litten, but with their body melting due the in their fur being covered in oil. Perhaps the final evolution will be a Fire/Poison skeletal tiger, with it's skin and fur almost completely melted.

That... actually makes sense. Here's hoping Nintendo does this.

As for the other two...

Rowlet's going to be Grass/Flying. It's so obvious.

So instead I'm gonna guess Grass/Steel butler owl. There's no reason whatsoever for this, but it'd be a nice alternative to Grass/Flying... at least, I think so. It's not like Rowlet 3.0 couldn't have Flying-type moves as a Grass/Steel type.

And Popplio's going to be Water/Fighting. And a pirate. Yar.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

HOLY CRAP GUYS!!

This is what that mysterious item from XY is, it's a Tiki!

Were people predicting that the next region would be something Hawaiian?

I didn't see it until now.

...Solgaleo has a symbol that looks like Hoshido's and the sun is always shining in Hoshido. Lunaala has a symbol that looks sort of like Nohr's and it's always dark in Nohr. The unknown relic from XY is a Tiki thing.

GameFreak really must be taking inspiration from FE. Next thing we know we'll get event legendaries based on Marth and Ike (the two most recurring characters from FE). o.O

Edited by Anacybele

Since there's high chance we're gonna be wrong, let's be creative.

Water/Electric for Popplio. Because the zapping hand is a famous clown trick.

Fire/Ghost. He dies by eating flaming fur and become a vengefull spirit made of oil.

I think that's actually a bit too morbid for Nintendo.