WHY IS GOD DOING THIS TO ME?

Anacybele

If the dog still has a few months to live, here is my advice:

Use this time to get a new dog. It might seem insensitive at first, but honestly there is no better comfort animal than dogs, and that includes comfort for losing a dog. When my dog died, I would often pet the neighbor's dog (we basically had joint ownership of her) and it felt great. At the same time, pet your own dog as much as possible. Times of grief like these are when you need dogs the most.

We already have two other dogs though, and my parents think that's enough. And I think it's enough myself. I did tell them that I wouldn't actually be OPPOSED to a new dog though.

I hope. And I hope that this doesn't cause them to go down hill too. I've heard stories like that about multiple pets in the same household. Where when one dies, the rest go with it soon after.

Although one of them hasn't been living with us lately, as we temporarily put her in the care of my aunt.

Edited by Anacybele

Pretty much what everyone said already: Life sucks and you have to press forward.

I've lost a number of dogs myself, none of which have been easy. My most recent dog that died was named Sarah, who died back in April of 2012 due to stomach cancer. So I feel your pain.

It will be hard to get through, I'm sorry to say. But I wish you the best and the best you can do is give your dog a happy last two months. :)

I hope. And I hope that this doesn't cause them to go down hill too. I've heard stories like that about multiple pets in the same household. Where when one dies, the rest go with it soon after.

Although one of them hasn't been living with us lately, as we temporarily put her in the care of my aunt.

It can happen. Humans are like that too though. As a child, I had two dogs growing up, a mother and a daughter. The daughter died from cancer, and the mother passed away about a week later.

Just take care of yourself. It'll get better. I firmly believe that we face terrible things like this so we can truly appreciate the finer moments in life.

You can see the end coming. . .so now's the time to give your dog an extra hug or ten. Don't worry about feeling down and out - pets are as much a part of your family as anyone else! If you want to vent, I suggest a PM to someone you're close to.

You'll make it out of this. I know you're capable of it.

God's not doing anything to you because he's not real

but you can always blame the devil or think the ¨lord works in mysterious ways¨ if it makes you feel better

Dear everyone else, don't respond to this guy in here. This thread is NOT meant to be a religious debate.

You can see the end coming. . .so now's the time to give your dog an extra hug or ten. Don't worry about feeling down and out - pets are as much a part of your family as anyone else! If you want to vent, I suggest a PM to someone you're close to.

You'll make it out of this. I know you're capable of it.

I'm always willing to have people rage out on me. I've helped a few people like that, actually :)

I suppose it depends. When we were living in the US we had neighbors with 2 Basset Hounds (they were our dog's cousins) and one of them died. The other loved him a lot, as they were brothers, but he was able to get over it. Your other dogs should be fine. Incidentally, you can believe in whatever you want, but God isn't doing anything to you. Don't think that, because it could get you thinking you did something to deserve this, and you didn't.

I kind of have been wondering if I did something to deserve all this... Like, did I treat my brother too poorly? Did I not try to help him enough? Did I not love my dog enough?

But I can't just spend my life pitying myself and pondering this stuff... I may be depressed now, but I'll be helped, I know that.

The dog is going to be put down later today... He's not looking good at all. He left blood in the yard some time after I let him outside. And he won't get up now. He just stays on the floor. I just hope he isn't suffering too much. I don't want to say I wish he'd die now, but I do want him to stop suffering if he is...

I kind of have been wondering if I did something to deserve all this... Like, did I treat my brother too poorly? Did I not try to help him enough? Did I not love my dog enough?

But I can't just spend my life pitying myself and pondering this stuff... I may be depressed now, but I'll be helped, I know that.

The dog is going to be put down later today... He's not looking good at all. He left blood in the yard some time after I let him outside. And he won't get up now. He just stays on the floor. I just hope he isn't suffering too much. I don't want to say I wish he'd die now, but I do want him to stop suffering if he is...

No matter what you did, any God who would punish you by hurting innocents is worse. The first few days are always the hardest. Just do what normally makes you happy.

I don't think arguing with his brother is something wrong, neither loving is dog.

I hope everything will be alright.

I'm just depressed and probably will be for some time. But I'll get help and do my best to make things better...again. I just hope no more crap is thrown my way for a very long time.

I just said my final goodbye to the dog. I couldn't bear to go with my parents to the vet. Not after what I went through with my brother. I can't lay my eyes on the body of another dead family member...

Edited by Anacybele

I wish you the best, Kelly. The first few days, maybe weeks, are going to be hard. I hope all goes well for you and, no matter what happens, never give in.

This may seem kinda mean, but find something to take your mind off of things. Create something, hang out with friends, anything. Never forget them, but don't let them weigh you down, either. Life will keep throwing you crap, but sometimes... you just gotta go with it. Perhaps the most important thing is you're still alive, so live well; not only for yourself, but for your brother, dog, and whoever and whatever else may come your way.

I don't know how both me and my older sister watched as our cat was euthanized. I don't know how I was able to get over the loss of my Labrador. Both of them died in front of my eyes. Another cat of ours died while we were away for my mother's 20th reunion. That was sudden, and we got over that one quickly. I never hated anyone, especially not myself, although if my lab had died months earlier, I might never have forgiven myself for my own negligence.

I wish you the best, Kelly. The first few days, maybe weeks, are going to be hard. I hope all goes well for you and, no matter what happens, never give in.

This may seem kinda mean, but find something to take your mind off of things. Create something, hang out with friends, anything. Never forget them, but don't let them weigh you down, either. Life will keep throwing you crap, but sometimes... you just gotta go with it. Perhaps the most important thing is you're still alive, so live well; not only for yourself, but for your brother, dog, and whoever and whatever else may come your way.

Hey, how do you know my real name? I don't remember telling you it. :P

But anyway, you're right. It's just that it's worse to have all kinds of crap thrown at you all at once. I don't want that to happen again.

Hylian Air Force: Wow, I'm sorry your family had to come home to find your cat dead. :(

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, how do you know my real name? I don't remember telling you it. :P

Um... your profile. XD

Apologies if it felt weird calling you by your name, but I felt it would be a bit more meaningful.

Edited by Power Master

Sometimes, bad things happen for no apparent good reason. I think you'll end up in a much worse spot if you blame yourself for this. . .instead, find something positive to do. You have power over your own life, so go for it~!

I'm sorry about your loss. . .

Ana you poor girl. Why don't go do something nice for yourself? You've been through two traumatic events that others would need therapy.

I KNOW you mean well. . .but, uh, think about how it comes across, from an outside point of view.