How is who joins in for Dual Strike chosen?

Magikarpador

Just press R to change the Dual Strike unit.

Is this only on player phase? I have this problem when it comes to enemy phase, but I just associated it to "the troubadour has the higher support level, so she'll get picked."

Oh... Welp.

Wish I knew this earlier. Thank you very much, I'm sure this will be useful.

Is this only on player phase? I have this problem when it comes to enemy phase, but I just associated it to "the troubadour has the higher support level, so she'll get picked."
None of my characters were capable of supporting each other.

MODEDIT: yo don't doublepost

Edited by Integrity

Hold on, that's only when I'm the one attacking, right?

I think it has to do with supports. Units with a higher support take priority over units that don't. I haven't tested this enough to be certain about that, though, and I have no idea about who takes priority when support points are equal.

Edited by Rapier

Hold on, that's only when I'm the one attacking, right?

I think it has to do with supports. Units with a higher support take priority over units that don't. I haven't tested this enough to be certain about that, though, and I have no idea about who takes priority when support points are equal.

It is based off of supports, no matter who else is beside my mu, her S-support partner always gets the pair up during enemy phases.

As for when supports are equal, it is most likely directional. The way i tested this was having Marth and Ike [Marth being 223 rating and Ike 96] north and to the east of MU. Consistantly, the one on the east [aka directly beside] was chosen over the one in the back, no matter who it was. Switching places changed who was picked during enemy phases, it always the one directly beside MU.

Edited by Lemui

Support rating also determines the arena partners for whomever is attempting it that day, so maybe thats also something to look at for likely partners when you're on attack stance on enemy phase?

Before you have your supports all figured out that is.