Well, I guess I'm done for now...

Anacybele

Always throw Ryoma at berserkers. Always. He does not give a fuck they can't hit him and if one of those fucker hit him on some bullshit low hitrate they're done because now they're dealing with Vantage Ryoma

On Lunatic with the higher enemy density, I throw Ryoma at the left hand side--he destroys the Berserkers, the GK may sometimes hit him but they're not a huge deal they can't kill, and the bow knights are equally lol

As for Garon, well

Lead with this

tumblr_inline_o34w4vQBtl1rtdtxt_400.jpg

lmao 5% hit rate

Finish with Corn. Corn should do quite a bit because Blazing Yato takes a smaller deduction than everything else from Dragonskin.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Ryoma is way stronger than mine... xP

But he did take care of the Berserker. Corrinetta attacked Garon, then Ike finished him off. I actually wasn't intending that, but then it turned out that Garon was going to have a little HP left after two hits from Corrinetta and Ike was the only one I had left in range. Ryoma was paired with Corrinetta.

Endgame time.

Hey now, this ain't fair. FOUR Dragon Veins right next to Garon to feed him HP every turn? Ugh.

Edited by Anacybele

But he did take care of the Berserker. Corrinetta attacked Garon, then Ike finished him off. I actually wasn't intending that, but then it turned out that Garon was going to have a little HP left after two hits from Corrinetta and Ike was the only one I had left in range. Ryoma was paired with Corrinetta.

Endgame time.

Hey now, this ain't fair. FOUR Dragon Veins right next to Garon to feed him HP every turn? Ugh.

Personally. I rushed Garon. Joint Ryoma/Thalia attack took him out in 2 turns. Thalia attacked then Ryoma attacked.

You could try a similar rush. At least on Normal there's very little between you and him, as he's VERY close.

Yeah, I did notice that. I think I will try the rush idea and see how it turns out.

Make sure you use your Ike. He seems to be one of your strongest units.

Good luck on your rush!

Rushing is a poor tactic. That just got Corrinetta killed on turn two. Though she did fucking MISS on a high chance to hit Garon.

And I have to do chapter 27 all over? (I was given no option to save) Fuck this game. I'm done. I don't want to have to redo a whole chapter, especially one that I actually had to spend quite a bit of time on.

EDIT: Yeah, Ike is really damn powerful in this game. I think the only thing keeping him from actually being broken is his res. Magic fucks him over big time.

Edited by Anacybele

Rushing is a poor tactic. That just got Corrinetta killed on turn two. Though she did fucking MISS on a high chance to hit Garon.

And I have to do chapter 27 all over? (I was given no option to save) Fuck this game. I'm done. I don't want to have to redo a whole chapter.

EDIT: Yeah, Ike is really damn powerful in this game. I think the only thing keeping him from actually being broken is his res. Magic fucks him over big time.

Well uhhh... Sorry. The Rush managed to let me win, though that may have been partly due to getting lucky.

I'd certainly hope you retry and don't quit.

It sounds like the RNG screwed you.

Yeah, it sounds like either you just got lucky or yeah, the RNG screwed me.

But sorry, no, I don't think I'll be playing the game again for awhile. Not after how much time I spent on chapter 27. I do NOT want to redo it right now. Hell, I may never touch the game again unless I feel like just replaying the whole thing.

Yeah, it sounds like either you just got lucky or yeah, the RNG screwed me.

But sorry, no, I don't think I'll be playing the game again for awhile. Not after how much time I spent on chapter 27. I do NOT want to redo it right now. Hell, I may never touch the game again unless I feel like just replaying the whole thing.

Alright then. That's your prerogative.

I disagree about quitting as I feel things are always easier after beating it once, but if you want to quit I can't stop you.

I say you should eventually pick the game back up later at least.

Hey, I don't like quitting either. But I just don't feel like trying again right now.

I can certainly understand that. Conquest's endgame resulted in a TON of retries for me. Though I had battlesave capability so it was less painful for me.

Endgames can be serious BS if you fail.

None of them let you save beforehand.

You like Takumi right

Do you have rescue staves if you don't, go buy some. lv 3 rod shop has them.

Put a flier of choice on the square to the left of corn's starting position. Put Ryoma there in guard stance.

Put a flier of choice on the square right behind corn to ferry someone who can punt that armor in front of garon out of existence. Give Corn a good strong pairup partner that increases str and spd ideally. Put a healer on one of those top to the side squares, armed with rescue staff. Put takumi anywhere reasonable, with a +str +spd pairup. Make Aqua standby somewhere (flier initial pairup if you can, 8 move this motherfucker)

Basically Slap dragon Garon with Ryoma, rescue takumi in and slap dragon garon with Takumi, finish with Corn. 1 turn.

If you don't figure it out tomorrow I'll go beat 27 again and take some screenshot of my configuration the first time I did it. Now Ryoma and Corn is all I need, but I did make the mistake the first time to not give ryoma a +spd partner and he didn't hit 37 spd (lunatic doubling thresholds) so I needed Takumi to help out.

'm not touching my game until I finish my work, though.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I do have a Rescue staff, actually. Sakura has it, I believe. But I think I see what you're saying.

Though man, I feel like I'm needing my hand held too much... And that's just sad... I wish I could've just done this more on my own. But oh well, not much of a choice now...

Endgame time.

I destroyed Garon before he could even use those DVs. I think i three turned that chapter. Im on the same difficulty as you are too. My MU might have had more mobility though cuz she was Paladin (reclassed her out of flier so she could Yato in the final leg of the game). She also had Luna and PavGis. lmao

I honestly didnt find Birthright's final leg to be very difficult, after Conquest. Conquest's final leg is a pain even on Normal.

Well, you've been doing reclassing and stuff. I haven't. I just wanted to see the whole story before I bothered with any of that.

Edited by Anacybele

Ehh not really. Miyuki just went skill shopping. She spent all game hanging out in Sky Knight/Falc Knight. If you want to nab some skills off of her (cuz shes got loads), let me know and i can update for my Birthright Castle to show up, so you can nab her.

Just switch to Casual. I did it in my first Conquest run because I got tired of redoing the final two maps. I still reset when someone died, but I used a Battle Save at the beginning of the second map.

Edited by Jave

Thanks, but I don't want to have to rely on someone else's units... It feels like cheating.

Fair enough. But if you ever want Sol....the offer stands....

Just switch to Casual. I did it in my first Conquest run because I got tired of redoing the final two maps. I still reset when someone died, but I used a Battle Save at the beginning of the second map.

She wants to clear it on Classic. I used the battle save too on both final chapters like that, and it helped. But i think it counts on your card as clearing on Casual.

If you have the hexing rod, it works on the final boss. It'll cut his hp down to half and it made rushing him so much easier.

Oh yeah, I forgot I had that thing. But I don't remember if any of my staff/rod users have a high enough rank to use it. Still, I can check next time I boot the game up.

And I have said I want to clear the game on classic. But if I still end up having trouble, I might just give in and go casual...

Well, I'm just not that big on many of the Nohr characters or what I've heard of the story, and I hear Conquest is pretty hard, even on normal difficulty. I struggled a bit towards the end with Birthright on normal, I'm not sure I can last five minutes on any difficulty in Conquest.

Conquest will make you THINK. And it'll be difficult, but it's not impossible. If you can get a hold of a copy, I'd strongly recommend Normal/Casual, because of all the wacky things that happen. Some of it is under your control, and some isn't.

Examples:

Your control - Chapter 17's unit placement, which is super-de-duper tricky. Place a squishy in the wrong place and they immediately die.

Not under your control - NPC actions (SAIZO I AM LOOKING AT YOU). Why does this matter? Because he aggro'd a lot of things, and that was a pain in the butt.

---

Now, for the current issue. . .here's what I did for Chapter 27.

Part 1 - You can selectively aggro everything. Meanwhile, some things will rush you. I turtled the everliving daylights out of it, and slowly murdered everything until the throne room. From there, I picked off both the mage and the maid, then used Ryouma twice and Corrin once. If you don't need the stat boost, park a ninja/maid/butler three spaces away, and have Ryouma attack unpaired - this will allow you to lower Garon's stats to something slightly more manageable.

Part 2 - Bum rush the boss, and screw casualties, your job is to finish the game. Just make sure Ryouma/Corrin/other strong units don't die. Dunno if you missed the bit about the Hexing Rod, but that's one way to make the final boss' life hell.

Edited by eclipse

Rushing 27 and Endgame is pretty easy. You probably have plenty of money to buy all the rescue staves. Hinoka, Subaki, Sakura and Reina can all go Falco to use them. For endgame iirc, once you clear the general in the way, MU is literally 7 spaces away from the final boss (reminds me the of the GBA final levels). If you have a spare Arms scroll, give it to Izana so he can use the Hexing Rod.