fates is so boring

Ansem

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel like, of all the games, fe8 had a relatively good plot. certainly the most interesting from a "not just good vs evil" standpoint, until the last couple chapters.

It's plot was different from the rest, but it still felt a little to black and white. Grado was better than most antagonist kingdoms in the series, so ill give it that.

i feel like, of all the games, fe8 had a relatively good plot. certainly the most interesting from a "not just good vs evil" standpoint, until the last couple chapters.

I agree with this. Especially since I felt that the Grado generals had a lot more personality and better dialogue compared to other antagonists in the series, like Selena and Glen.

c'mon Integ you're an engineer you should know it's all about ~efficiency~

Edited by Papyrus

this is a pretty dumb argument

i don't think it's dumb to argue that if there's a thing you can do in a game to make you not like it, not doing that thing may make the game not boring

i mean it might not not too

"have you tried actively playing the game the way you wouldn't play it in an unintuitive way and limiting your options so as to cripple yourself and instill a false sense of difficulty"

i mean sure, you'd have a point except that i don't see how "not using ryoma" counts as unintuitive, plus we're talking about fire emblem which is a series that legendarily "all you have to do" to beat the top difficulty of most games is use this certain core of units

i hate how on lunatic u only need ryoma paired up w corrin to plow through every stage including the endgame

Eh, even without Ryoma that mode is still pretty easy.

Oh, wait, duh, that's the point.

Yeah, he shouldn't have been made to be the "I win" button. I think Loony Birthright would have been a lot more interesting if he was a bit more flawed stat-wise.

Edited by Esme

hey pichiinu i have a suggestion, if you ignore everything bad about something it becomes good, hth, works every time

now now i never said that, behave

even tho it's true it's not my point here

i mean sure, you'd have a point except that i don't see how "not using ryoma" counts as unintuitive, plus we're talking about fire emblem which is a series that legendarily "all you have to do" to beat the top difficulty of most games is use this certain core of units

i had a problem with that general attitude but i guess that's at least kinda true, though personally i dont think "just dont use the good units" is a good counterpoint to "it isnt hard enough" lmao

yeah you're making it harder but not by design, but rather by self-imposed limitations

i get your point though

i hate how on lunatic u only need ryoma paired up w corrin to plow through every stage including the endgame

thankfully, that doesn't work on Conquest haha

I mean, it wouldn't work even if it had Ryoma