Level Up Skills Outside of Class Tree

Ema Skye

Kinda confused here regarding level up skills.

I promoted Selena into a Hero and on her first level up, she learned HP +5. Then she learned Gamble at Lv.3.

Effie promoted to Great Knight and learned Elbow Room at Lv.2 and will presumably learn

Selena's husband was Arthur (who doesn't know Gamble yet) and Effie's was Silas, so I figured it involved learning the partner's skills through level up.

But Camilla is married to Niles and leveled up to six and didn't learn Locktouch or Movement+1, both of which Niles has.

What's going on here? What am I missing?

EDIT: Have you previously used Partner seals on Selena and Effie? That might be the cause.

Edited by AzureSen

When a unit class changes to a class they did not previously gain the Skills for the prepromotion of, they will instead learn the prepromotion skills on level up.

Okay cool.

So if I reclassed Niles to Bow Knight, he'd learn Mercenary skills?

Okay cool.

Having gone back over it and (briefly) stopped being a doofus who posts before he knows what he's talking about, Selena probably got the Warrior skills because her husband gives her access to the Warrior classline, which promotes to Hero. Similarly, Effie learns the Cavalier skils because Great Knight is a promotion of Cavalier, which Silas gives her access to. Camila isn't learning Outlaw skills because she's not in a class that shares a promotion with Outlaw but otherwise doesn't have access to as a prepromote. Likewise, Niles probably won't learn Mercenary skills because marrying Camilla doesn't give him access to the Mercenary class line.

Edited by AzureSen

Okay cool.

no, because he's married to camilla, who doesn't give mercenary to her husband. If he was married to Selena, he'd learn them, however.

Like, a unit on a promoted class can learn the skills of the unpromoted version of that class, but only from the class line the unit has. When you marry two units, they gain one of their husband's/wife's class lines. When you married Effie to Silas, she got the cavalier line. As she leveled up as a great knight, she also learned the cavalier skills, since that class was also available to her now and she was on a promoted version of it. Same happened to Selena and Hero/Fighter.

Edited by Nobody

The game does not remember if you used a partner seal or a heart seal to get to a class, so you learn all skills from all class trees that you have access to that can promote into your current class, no matter how you actually got there. If a kid has acces two two class trees that promote to the same class, and then promotes to that class, the same thing happens.

Edited by sirmola