Advice Before I Begin Conquest

SaMaster14

I actually tried starting from "Branch of Fates" and couldn't do it. I just couldn't beat Ryoma/Hinoka/Takumi. Ended up starting a whole new save file so that I could just level up my avatar and jakob as much as possible before having to make the decision to pick Nohr.

I'm playing as a girl this time around... from some of the comments, that may have been a poor decision haha Also hard to try and find someone to marry my avatar with...

I'll return to playing as a guy when Revelations comes out!

So far... so good, although I've only cleared until chapter 8... it does help that I can get the path bonuses for starting conquest second. Plus I can still visit the castles that I have cards for from my Birthright game.

Oh, that chapter.

- Ignore Ryouma. You have better things to do with your time.

- IIRC, Hinoka kind of flies up to you, and Camilla kind of has an axe.

- Siegfried will ruin Takumi's day.

- Beat up Sakura, it's not that hard.

- Dogpile Yukimura.

It's a bit longer this way, but it beats dealing with Ryouma.

Oh, that chapter.

- Ignore Ryouma. You have better things to do with your time.

- IIRC, Hinoka kind of flies up to you, and Camilla kind of has an axe.

- Siegfried will ruin Takumi's day.

- Beat up Sakura, it's not that hard.

- Dogpile Yukimura.

It's a bit longer this way, but it beats dealing with Ryouma.

Dealing with Ryoma isn't that hard.

Pair Camilla with Xander, then Xander will weaken Ryoma to 3 HP.

With Freeze + Heartseeker + Attack Stance, Corrin or even Jakob can ensure 100% hit to finish Ryoma.

Would rather not use that Freeze staff if necessary. Furthermore, everything that applies to Ryouma will apply even more to everything else (except for Hinoka on certain types of terrain), which is generally less dodgy and a bit squishier. So I don't see why I'd want to deal with one angry guy when I can chew through the easier units.

Something I've found handy in my run of Conquest so far is that, getting the child paralogues even if you don't intend on using the kids, is nice for the EXP/Weapon Ranks etc, considering y'know Nohr is more akin to the FE's where you go straight through.

Edited by Jedi

Would rather not use that Freeze staff if necessary. Furthermore, everything that applies to Ryouma will apply even more to everything else (except for Hinoka on certain types of terrain), which is generally less dodgy and a bit squishier. So I don't see why I'd want to deal with one angry guy when I can chew through the easier units.

You will get nothing by saving uses of Freeze. Elise always comes with a new and full Freeze in Ch7.

You can't save Xander's Elixir too.

Ryoma give you more EXP and Corrin&Feilicia&Jakob are the only units who can get EXP in Ch 6. That is the reason to beat him with Corrin, Jakob or even Felicia.

Edited by Tooru

Since I just finished Chapter 20, I figured I'd leave you with this tip; Use the Dragon Vein's, preferably every turn. Even if you don't move the enemies in a very meaningful way, (at least on Normal Mode) it will remove Wind that will move YOUR units. It's an absolute godsend and made the Chapter way more bearable for me, simply having the consistency of my units placement was what saved me headache.

You will get nothing by saving uses of Freeze. Elise always comes with a new and full Freeze in Ch7.

You can't save Xander's Elixir too.

Ryoma give you more EXP and Corrin&Feilicia&Jakob are the only units who can get EXP in Ch 6. That is the reason to beat him with Corrin, Jakob or even Felicia.

Currently doing Conquest, and I'm not particularly EXP-starved. It's still a lot of effort for a single unit kill, which isn't going to make enough of a difference to matter in the long run. Thus, all of that just for a single kill is a waste, IMO. It also shows how to get past things that like to run at you without relying on limited resources (which happens in later chapters).

OKAY! If you have the grinding DLC, this doesn't matter, but if you don't & want as many high-level children as possible, don't recruit them until ch 27. They'll use the Offspring Seal and jump straight to level 18, get both promoted skills, and increase their weapon levels! The enemies on the maps will be around level 18, which was about the same as my team endgame, and I wasn't very careful with exp. (Unlike Hoshido, where my endgame team was around levels 11-15 and I had to level grind to be able to get the kids. Ugh.)

Save as many speedwings as you can get by with & give them ALL to Xander when you get him. His str & def are crazy good, but his speed is TERRIBLE.

Enfeeble staves & groups of enemies with Lunge are incredibly dangerous. Ch 26's boss spams enfeeble/silence/freeze staves & despite them being listed with 4 uses each, they never break.

Conquest on Normal/Casual is significantly harder than Normal/Classic Birthright. I've played quite a few of the older FE's and still had a few game over's even on casual, so if you need to go down to Phoenix, that's fine.

Currently doing Conquest, and I'm not particularly EXP-starved. It's still a lot of effort for a single unit kill, which isn't going to make enough of a difference to matter in the long run. Thus, all of that just for a single kill is a waste, IMO. It also shows how to get past things that like to run at you without relying on limited resources (which happens in later chapters).

You are not going to waste anything by beating Ryoma, OK?

You won't get Xander's Elixir by not using it. Elise always joins with Heal 20 and Freeze 4 regardless the ones in Ch6 have been used or not.

Not using these items is a waste.

Edited by Tooru

Some very good and needed advice! I did purchase the DLC pack, so I think it will help a lot. Not concerned about exp as much, but its good for gold and to pair my units to open up the paralogues and get the children. I probably will wait, as recommended by Leopard Gal to play the children paralogues until at least they come with an Offspring Seal.