I really hate the new level system

I admit that Maxing out stats in Awakening was really easy. Using Paragon + infinite lost bloodline 3, characters gained so many levels really quickly. So, I played around with double risen skirmishes to kill time.

In Fates, there are no maxed out enemies, so there is not really much point to maxing stats for every characters. I guess I will just finish the stories and collect all support for Fates.

For us classic nogrind crowd this is completely fine. I like that it tries to discourage lowmanning--which not a lot of FEs do well, mind. FE12 did it well prior, and that's about it. I do think after you beat the game there should be some easier exp things, though.

halving the price of eternal seals after your first chapter 28 clear would be super cool

Tell you, Walhart's Paralogue is faster, easier and only requires you pair up and have a 1-2 weapon once you're strong enough for it.

Veteran and/or Paragon majes it easy to get to that level for maxing out.

I got all the skills in the game that Male Robin could get by doing it.

This works on Normal, but on Hard and Lunatic the internal level cap is higher so you only get 8 EXP (before Paragon/Veteran) a kill regardless of what level the enemy is. Because of this, the DLC maps with 50 enemies will always give you the most EXP per map. Of the three, Lost Bloodlines has the weakest enemies and a nearby fort for defense bonuses and healing, so it's the easiest one to just mash end turn and mow down the enemies on.

Back on topic, I do agree that 12000 gold per Eternal Seals is a bit much. Would 8000 a piece be too easy to abuse?

For someone like me who dislikes grinding/using dlc/etc usually even with the option available to them, this system is much better.

Only thing I like better is not needing to return to base classes. Everything else is inferior to Awakenings.

On what grounds? Because I personally don't like having to go through 14 levels of a class I dislike, no matter how fast I can make it go... Also, I love that it discourages lowmanning, because I find it boring as fuck.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

TBF low manning is still good, its just low manning goes back to a more traditional setup of running like... 4-8 member core party + utility and freebies rather than "wow robin is soloing the game....again"

Edited by joshcja

TBF low manning is still good, its just low manning goes back to a more traditional setup of running like... 4-8 member core party + utility and freebies rather than "wow robin is soloing the game....again"

I disagree with that big time - if you're lowmanning, you're likely going to wind up spreading yourself too thin, and that's no bueno.

The XP grind map isn't too bad, sure the enemy can hit hard. But I was able to get alot of my characters to level 20 in their promoted classes in a moderate rate. And with how skills work in this game, you dont have to reclass constantly to learn skills. Can just buy them from other castles.

I disagree with that big time - if you're lowmanning, you're likely going to wind up spreading yourself too thin, and that's no bueno.

Running a focused low man build early on spreads you thin.

Ok.

Edited by joshcja

Well I mean if the definition of not lowmanning is using all 40-70 members of your cast then not even Thracia goes that far.

Having a reasonable-sized multimember team instead of solo/duo is good enough in my book.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Eh?, having to sideline your shittys isn't really anything new to fire emblem. And especially comparing to awakening where the only way to play Lunatic+ was the MU/Chrom power couple and their subsequent broken kids

Sidleline shittys? No problem. But I had to sideline my entire team except for Xander and MU. That is a problem

Running a focused low man build early on spreads you thin.

Ok.

What I meant was something more along the lines of I wouldn't expect to get away with essentially halving my unit amount (by way of having some of my unit slots go to pair up fodder).

Well I mean if the definition of not lowmanning is using all 40-70 members of your cast then not even Thracia goes that far.

Having a reasonable-sized multimember team instead of solo/duo is good enough in my book.

That isn't exactly what I meant. It's more that I rarely go into a chapter with less than the full amount of units I can field (about the only exception I can remember is the Daein chapters in part 3 of RD).

What I meant was something more along the lines of I wouldn't expect to get away with essentially halving my unit amount (by way of having some of my unit slots go to pair up fodder).

That isn't exactly what I meant. It's more that I rarely go into a chapter with less than the full amount of units I can field (about the only exception I can remember is the Daein chapters in part 3 of RD).

Was I talking to you

I'll quote you if I'm directly addressing you when I was replying to something addressed to me earlier

Edited by Thor Odinson

Was I talking to you

I'll quote you if I'm directly addressing you when I was replying to something addressed to me earlier

Doh

That's what I get for assuming you were addressing me