Conquest: Male or Female Kamui?

Purge

Personally, I love playing a girl Avatar and naming them Thalia.

No matter what.

So... I say girl. Simply because that's my preference for playing. I mean. You also get all the kids that way I believe and marrying Leo=Great no matter what.

Edited by Fallaner

No matter what.

So... I say girl. Simply because that's my preference for playing. I mean. You also get all the kids that way I believe and marrying Leo=Great no matter what.

And you better marry leo like that picture. Because he is the best character in Nohr.

Oh and uh, I just go with male Corrin.

Edited by Abysswalker25

And you better marry leo like that picture. Because he is the best character in Nohr.

Oh and uh, I just go with male Corrin.

Leo is best husband. It's why I didn't marry anyone in Birthright and have only married Leo in both Conquest and Revelation.

Play a girl Avatar and marry Leo.

Conquest is significantly more difficult than Birthright, and Jakob is significantly better than Felicia, so I say go FeMU for Conquest.

No matter what.

Technically, it is possible to miss out on Shigure if you play as a female avatar. Just saying.

As for the OP, I'd say male.

Technically, it is possible to miss out on Shigure if you play as a female avatar. Just saying.

As for the OP, I'd say male.

...Really? ...I married Azura to Laslow/Inigo and that's been fine for me.

I'm still on course to get all the kids. In Revelation, and used an app to check for Conquest (I didn't pair much in my conquest run due to no grinding ability). It's still possible to get all of the kids with a girl Avatar.

Edited by Fallaner

Female MU. The design's better (imo), the servant's better, and you can marry any first gen unit without having to worry about missing out on a child.

Who would I have to marry as male MU to miss out on a child?

...Really? ...I married Azura to Laslow/Inigo and that's been fine for me.

I'm still on course to get all the kids. In Revelation, and used an app to check for Conquest (I didn't pair much in my conquest run due to no grinding ability). It's still possible to get all of the kids with a girl Avatar.

Yep - with a female avatar, you have one more female than there are males that can marry that aren't Corrinsexuals. All told, with everyone being on edge about the fact that it's possible to miss a child as a male, that realization isn't as known.

Basically, any female that can marry any of the males that can have children.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I think FeMU makes the game slightly easier because of Jakob

- Gentilhomme features to be quite useful in using Effie as a tank, which can be stacked with Elise's pair-up, Bronze Naginata DEF boost, Defensive pair-up, etc.

- Better damage in the early game

- Perhaps slightly cheap, but Jakob can be profitably Heart Sealed into Paladin or Great Knight, while Felicia as a Hero or Bow Knight doesn't yield effective results immediately.

So if I pick male Kamui, I can't recruit Jakob/joker?

So if I pick male Kamui, I can't recruit Jakob/joker?

You can, but MUCH later in the game.

I think it's around Chapter 16 or so? He'll automatically join, but he'll be rather weak (at least basing it off when Felicia joins for me... I play a girl) and have no starting gear.

Okay spoilers but here are the ladies you can marry as Male Corrin and still have access to all the children

Flora, Reina, Scarlet, Anna as well as any second gen female unit.

Edited by iavasechui

I think FeMU makes the game slightly easier because of Jakob

- Gentilhomme features to be quite useful in using Effie as a tank, which can be stacked with Elise's pair-up, Bronze Naginata DEF boost, Defensive pair-up, etc.

- Better damage in the early game

- Perhaps slightly cheap, but Jakob can be profitably Heart Sealed into Paladin or Great Knight, while Felicia as a Hero or Bow Knight doesn't yield effective results immediately.

That reminds me, I personally prefer Felicia for being useful without needing to reclass, since Elise can't be everywhere at once, after all... (To be fair, I guess the same could be said of Jakob, but everyone and their grandma seems to recommend reclassing him to Paladin or Great Knight, so...)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I always just play as my own gender in games. I'm not into playing as the other gender because it feels weird to me (especially when it comes to games that have marriage like the newer Fire Emblem games, Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, etc).

Just play which one appeals to you more, I guess.

Edited by Camilla

Felicia becomes godlike once she gets a Flame Shuriken, but you don't get that until late in Conquest. Jakob is more immediately useful.

I suppose, though on the other hand, I'm personally dubious about reclassing Jakob since I've seen a lot of crap about weapon ranks being a hassle in this game...

I suppose, though on the other hand, I'm personally dubious about reclassing Jakob since I've seen a lot of crap about weapon ranks being a hassle in this game...

Personally, I just grind an easy map to level up weapon ranks.

However, that's impossible in Conquest, so raising weapon ranks in Conquest is really quite difficult.

In Awakening, I played as F!MU mostly because I happen to be a girl and after I played through it, I felt like I had made the right decision because the story felt more fulfilling to me after I married my avatar to Chrom and saw how the story changed as a result.

Fates was a little more difficult for me to decide as my priority is almost always a good plot over amazing game mechanics (though that can influence things), and I was appalled to learn that unlike in Awakening, where the gender of the avatar almost does not matter during the actual game barring supports, a lot of dialogue in Fates is changed during the actual story scenes and interactions with characters based on the gender of your avatar. (Examples include lines from Chapter 5, where the dialogue an NPC has for M!MU refers to Azura as his "lady friend" which more or less in the West implies that they're on a date, while with F!MU version has the NPC calling Azura simply her "friend." Probably quite insignificant, but not the only example, and something that bothered me.)

In the end, I went with the box art canon and chose M!MU for my Birthright file and F!MU for my Conquest file. As for an eventual Revelations playthrough, I'd probably end up just playing as a girl because I consider Revelations the "true" FE14 storyline (because that choice in Chapter 6 is literally ridiculous). As for how I feel about the storylines as a result of my choice, I have to say that M!MU does not make a bad fit for Birthright. I personally have a tendency to switch the genders of the MU in my head, but F!Nohr!MU and M!Hoshido!MU still feel like rather satisfying fits. Not to say that the other way around would be bad, but seeing as how the box art canon is referenced in official art and included in fanbooks/official art books, I feel like I made the right choice.