Saddest moment in Fates?

*Haku

Ahhhhh geez, a lot of things made me cry tbh because I'm an emotional baby. On Birthright the one that hit me the most was Elise and Marx's death, I just feel really bad for Zola as well, I mean he even asks Garon to spare the Avatar since they spared him too. But on Conquest I have a whole lot more.

The part where Azura wanted to cry with the Avatar after Ryoma kills himself was one that hit my heart. Ooh, and the part where Hans and Iago killed the remaining Hoshido soldiers and Sakura screamed "YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T KILL THEM!" Something like that! Like, gosh, Sakura endures so much and she's so young!

Edited by eclipse
Fixed up that spoiler tag

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lobster-bro's death. He's my favourite Royal Sibling, so seeing him go out like that was pretty painful.

Honourable mention goes to Azura's death on Birthright. Not necessarily for the scene itself, since the foreshadowing detracts from the impact a little, but those last words...I mean, just fuck me right up why don't you?

Lobster-bro's death. He's my favourite Royal Sibling, so seeing him go out like that was pretty painful.

Honourable mention goes to Azura's death on Birthright. Not necessarily for the scene itself, since the foreshadowing detracts from the impact a little, but those last words...I mean, just fuck me right up why don't you?

Azura's death was pretty sad. Considering how little impact Suzukaze and Lilith's deaths had because of how random they were, I think it was good to have foreshadowing for Azura.

While I didn't cry, I found the part near the end of Conquest where

Corrin "dies" and talks with their mother, Ryuoma, Takumi and Lilith to be incredibly moving. Seeing someone like Ryuoma - who throughout the entire game told Corrin they made the wrong choice, that they were being brainwashed, that they were betraying their family, that fought you tooth and nail to take you back, who wanted so badly for you to abandon Nohr that he would do nearly anything to make it happen, who basically begged for you to 'come home' whenever he saw you, who did some really desperate things to change your mind - to see this same guy not only at peace, but supporting you and telling you it's okay for you to go back and fight for your friends and family, to return to the people who love you. . . it's pretty powerful. Seeing Takumi finally be at rest and able to acknowledge his feelings and reconcile with Corrin was really nice too. And though it's sad they're dead, you see the brothers with their mom and it doesn't hurt so bad, since they were the two who seemed most broken by her loss. It's also a good reminder that Hinoka and Sakura aren't there, but still alive and kicking; even though things are bleak, Hoshido isn't without hope either. It's pretty good.

While I didn't cry, I found the part near the end of Conquest where

Corrin "dies" and talks with their mother, Ryuoma, Takumi and Lilith to be incredibly moving. Seeing someone like Ryuoma - who throughout the entire game told Corrin they made the wrong choice, that they were being brainwashed, that they were betraying their family, that fought you tooth and nail to take you back, who wanted so badly for you to abandon Nohr that he would do nearly anything to make it happen, who basically begged for you to 'come home' whenever he saw you, who did some really desperate things to change your mind - to see this same guy not only at peace, but supporting you and telling you it's okay for you to go back and fight for your friends and family, to return to the people who love you. . . it's pretty powerful. Seeing Takumi finally be at rest and able to acknowledge his feelings and reconcile with Corrin was really nice too. And though it's sad they're dead, you see the brothers with their mom and it doesn't hurt so bad, since they were the two who seemed most broken by her loss. It's also a good reminder that Hinoka and Sakura aren't there, but still alive and kicking; even though things are bleak, Hoshido isn't without hope either. It's pretty good.

Both sad and heartwarming, the way you said that. Sad because the spirits of those you knew are talking to you (Corrin knows that they will never see them again) while the part that slightly relieves you is that those said spirits want you to move on and fulfill your dream and that they will always be with you and support you.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Both sad and heartwarming, the way you said that. Sad because the spirits of those you knew are talking to you (Corrin knows that they will never see them again) while the part that slightly relieves you is that those said spirits want you to move on and fulfill your dream and that they will always be with you and support you.

Yeah, it's certainly bittersweet. Perhaps it's not the absolute "saddest" moment, but for me, definitely the most emotional.