Birthright: Choosing who to give the Lodestar and Great Lord classes to

Luankachu

Deciding who gets Great Lord and Lodestar  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get Great Lord?

2. 2. Who should get Lodestar?

I'm trying to decide who should I give Lodestar and the Great Lord classes to. I want to give Great Lord to either Kana or Oboro, and I'm okay with anyone having Lodestar as long as he can use Swords in his base class. If it helps with the decision, my pairings are going to be (The ones in bold are the ones I already married in my save file.):

Corrin x Oboro

Hinata x Azura

Silas x Mozu

Kaze x Felicia

Ryoma x Rinka

Takumi x Hana

Saizo V x Kagero

Kaden x Orochi

Azama x Setsuna

Tsubaki x Hinoka

Hayato x Sakura

Jakob = Alone

I'm about to start chapter 13, and the only characters I have promoted are Sakura and Azama, so there will be plenty of time for me to decide.

If possible, I'd like you to explain your reasoning in this thread so I can come to my own conclusion, which is also why I allowed not only multiple choice, but the "Someone else" option for characters that don't meet my specifications stated earlier.

(Also, I'd like to thank the users Thor Odinson and Avalanche for helping me out in a thread I made some days ago. Thanks to their advice I came to the conclusion that Azura should be kept as a Singer instead of reclassing into something else, as well as a few other things that have helped in my playthrough so far.)

Edited by Luankachu

I'm just going to bump this once. I noticed that 3 people have voted, but they haven't shared their reasons for doing so and this thread is on the second page, so I think it might have faded into obscurity. If you're willing, please help me out here.

Didnt vote but

Swordfaire for Kana is pretty cool to combine with aether/astra procs.

Oboro has other in game reasons to not go GLORD mainly her default line skills imo

I voted for oboro to obtain the great lord class and Hinata to obtain the lodestar class. The only main reason for this is that these are the units I chose to be put in those classes and my team got through birthright just fine. In fact, I found out that Oboro has an almost invincible defense with the great lord class and a guard naginata. Sorry if that wasn't as much help as you wanted.

Now I would say though that if kana can't turn into a dragon then I wouldn't recommend giving the great lord seal to her. There are a good deal of advantages that come with being able to use a dragonstone. I also wouldn't recommend giving the lodestar seal to ryoma. It would be a huge waste for that seal to be used on such a powerful unit.

I hope that helped you at least a little bit.

Didnt vote but

Swordfaire for Kana is pretty cool to combine with aether/astra procs.

Oboro has other in game reasons to not go GLORD mainly her default line skills imo

I see. If I were to choose Kana for Great Lord, what would you recomment as her proc skill? I've heard that it's usually better having only one, and she has access to Rend Heaven, Astra, Aether and Dragon Fang. I've read that all of those skills are pretty good.

I voted for oboro to obtain the great lord class and Hinata to obtain the lodestar class. The only main reason for this is that these are the units I chose to be put in those classes and my team got through birthright just fine. In fact, I found out that Oboro has an almost invincible defense with the great lord class and a guard naginata. Sorry if that wasn't as much help as you wanted.

Now I would say though that if kana can't turn into a dragon then I wouldn't recommend giving the great lord seal to her. There are a good deal of advantages that come with being able to use a dragonstone. I also wouldn't recommend giving the lodestar seal to ryoma. It would be a huge waste for that seal to be used on such a powerful unit.

I hope that helped you at least a little bit.

Yeah, that was pretty helpful. Thank you.

Can Azura get GL in Birthright? Right now in Revelation I have her as Great Lord. The idea was to pass down Aether to as many kids as possible. That is, if Aether is even passable; I couldn't find any definitive answer when I was teambuilding.

Edited by Coaltergeist

Can Azura get GL in Birthright? Right now in Revelation I have her as Great Lord. The idea was to pass down Aether to as many kids as possible. That is, if Aether is even passable; I couldn't find any definitive answer when I was teambuilding.

I've read that you can't pass down DLC skills, but I haven't tried it. Yes, Azura can get GL in Birthright, but I don't intend on having her in that class because of Singer. The Singing ability was one of the few things that kept me alive in chapters 5 and 12.

I've read that you can't pass down DLC skills, but I haven't tried it. Yes, Azura can get GL in Birthright, but I don't intend on having her in that class because of Singer. The Singing ability was one of the few things that kept me alive in chapters 5 and 12.

I though "DLC skills" referred to the skill item skills such as paragon or Iote's (or whatever it's called in these games)?

I though "DLC skills" referred to the skill item skills such as paragon or Iote's (or whatever it's called in these games)?

Yes, they do. Though they also refer to skills from a DLC class.

So... when I added the "someone else" option, I kinda expected people who vote for that to explain who they'd give the class to and why. So far, it seems very few people who have voted have actually given their reasons for doing so. I suppose I should be glad that people are even voting in the first place, but I can't help but be a little disappointed.