Should I import or wait for the English release?

NinjaWaddleDee

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and I'm very interested in getting some Cipher cards, especially because I want to own some physical merchandise for Fire Emblem Fates (that isn't super expensive), and also I want to play this game with my girlfriend because we're both big fans of the recent Fire Emblem games.

So my question is, should I import the starter decks for Fates? Or should I just wait and see if there is going to be an English release? Right now the decks are relatively cheap on amazon, but I don't want to wait too long because I'm sure they will get more expensive later on. It baffles me as to why Nintendo just doesn't release the Fates and Awakening decks in English, even if they just have a limited release at Gamestop or something. Maybe Nintendo doesn't want to do it because the cards involve a lot of characters that have never had a release outside of Japan? Who knows. What is the probability of these things getting an English release anytime soon?

Edited by NinjaWaddleDee

I would like to say that it's doubtful that there will be an English release, as the American TCG market is nowhere near as strong as Japan, the TCG cards just don't sell at Gamestop for bigger IPs.

Edited by Draxal