Which is preferred as final class: Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble?

Roflolxp54

*Lethality still uses the Hit Rate, you can possibly miss the target unlike before Awakening where Lethality only activated if the the skill was guaranteed to hit the enemy.

I'm pretty sure Lethality could miss in Awakening also, like every other proc skill could. I'm also fairly certain that Lethality shares this trait with every other proc skill in Fates, as well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Lethality could miss in Awakening also, like every other proc skill could.

Nope. Lethality can be nullifed but it can't miss either.

Eh. I prefer Nohr Noble because of that Draconic Rage skill. I had my F!Corrin as an army of one when I passed through the Spear Fighter line to pick up those skills. I also prefer the design--that tattered cape represents so much for me.

Really, it depends on preference and your boon/bane. You get enough healers and enough attackers, regardless of route. I tend prefer offensive over support when it comes to games that have them. If anything, I wish they made it so that Nohr Noble could use hidden weapons because I have a very large fondness of saboteur characters.

I like Hoshido Noble. It gives my Corrin a sort of "Jack of all Trades" feel to him. Which is very useful since you have to use him most of the time.

Plus, I run + STR / - DEF and I don't find B Rank Tomes to be all that useful compared to Excalibur and the A Rank ones.

Dragonstone + can be situationally useful so I always carry it around.

Swordfaire --> Warp / Replicate / Live to Serve / Hoshidan Unity / Dragon Fang

Edited by ShadowStar77

Nope. Lethality can be nullifed but it can't miss either.

Yeah, no. I'll have to back Radiant Dragon on this one - if other proc skills can miss, why can't Lethality?

All told, as for the question, I'd say it depends on what you want.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Hoshidan Noble is far better due to staves and still keeping theit weapon equipped.

Magic isn't what it used to be, it's far weaker in this game than Awakening while Staves got a nice buff.

Besides, why wouldn't you use Yato or Dragonstone anyway? +4 Speed from Yato is ridiculous.

Skills are irrelevant in the decision making as you don't need to stay in that class for that skill.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Anyone think of giving the Avatar the Lodestar class over either noble?

I'm personally siding with Nohr Noble so far. I went Str+/Mag- and also should have enough healers. I can always give Kana Hoshido Noble, correct? Or will she not get an option?

I went with the Lodestar after I got the skills in Hoshidian Noble class. Kana can still get the Hoshido Noble class when you are a Lodestar/Great Lord.

I think tomes are stronger than ever now. The fact that most weapons with 1-2 range can't double or trigger procs, the fact that tomes can makes them extremely valuable.

Nohrian noble hands down.

Better dragonstone usage, better levin usage, lightning.

I honestly cant think of anything hoshid,an noble gets that actually makes going into the class worthwhile, ever.

Magic is broken as shit in fates. Physical damage cannot keep up at all and almost entirely misses out on strong 1-2 range.

Edited by joshcja

Nohrian noble hands down.

Better dragonstone usage, better levin usage, lightning.

I honestly cant think of anything hoshid,an noble gets that actually makes going into the class worthwhile, ever.

Magic is broken as shit in fates. Lightning is just an instant kill on anything, Nos is nos, scrolls give absolutely retarded stat boosts. Levin/other mag weapon MT is boosted and is infinite durability now.

Hoshido Noble can't use Scrolls at all, it uses Staves/Rods instead of Tomes/Scrolls. Magic got a damage buff at the cost of an Accuracy Nerf. Strong Tomes/Scrolls have start getting very crappy accuracy. It really comes down to how you want your Corrin to perform. Really, Hoshido Noble Corrin can do some rather absurd actions with Azura singing to give them another action. Hoshido Noble Corrin doing a Hexing Rod + Luna/Killing Weapon = ? on enemies that don't have Divine Shield/Dragonskin.

Targets with high evasion = outlaws (WTA)

Ninja's (reverse wta, gate OP)

Swordies (Good thing dragonstone(+)/heartseeker exist and erase these)

Levin and it's frens suffer none of the acc drops that tomes took if you don't feel like building tome rank.

I've been using +magic avatar almost exclusively and accuracy issues are not a thing.

Edited by joshcja

Targets with high evasion = outlaws (WTA)

Ninja's (reverse wta, gate OP)

Swordies (Good thing dragonstone(+)/heartseeker exist and erase these)

Levin and it's frens suffer none of the acc drops that tomes took if you don't feel like building tome rank.

I've been using +magic avatar almost exclusively and accuracy issues are not a thing.

I don't really bother with offensive stats and I just drop either strength or magic as a bane and have skill or speed as the boon then I play as a Yato-wielding Swordmaster. Tomes are nice but I don't really like having so many classes that have only weapons at their disposal...makes the party feel kind of pathetic since things are going to get smashed in the moment the battle starts.

Hoshidan Noble is far better due to staves and still keeping theit weapon equipped.

Magic isn't what it used to be, it's far weaker in this game than Awakening while Staves got a nice buff.

Besides, why wouldn't you use Yato or Dragonstone anyway? +4 Speed from Yato is ridiculous.

Skills are irrelevant in the decision making as you don't need to stay in that class for that skill.

I haven't played the game that much, but I seriously think you're selling tomes short.

Yato buffs apply whether the weapon is equipped or not, it just has to be in your inventory. As someone else said, magic is still useful as a reliable 1-2 ranged weapon. Unlike the Levin Sword and Dragon Stone, tomes can have a variety of effects for different combat situations. Moonlight/Sheep Spirit for self healing, Calamity Gate for Weapon Triangle coverage, Mjolnir for crit boosting, Horse Spirit for Speed/Defense/Resistance buffs etc.

Yes the avatar must hold an E rank stave instead of the slew of high quality staffbots fates just throws at you

This is the only way you can heal

I'm not saying that's the only way to heal, that's just stupid. I'm trying to say though that while Nohr Noble is indeed superior, Hoshido Noble isn't useless despite only being able to use two weapons.

Yato buffs apply whether the weapon is equipped or not, it just has to be in your inventory. As someone else said, magic is still useful as a reliable 1-2 ranged weapon. Unlike the Levin Sword and Dragon Stone, tomes can have a variety of effects for different combat situations. Moonlight/Sheep Spirit for self healing, Calamity Gate for Weapon Triangle coverage, Mjolnir for crit boosting, Horse Spirit for Speed/Defense/Resistance buffs etc.

Also, another thing everyone and their grandma seems to conveniently forget - the +4 boosts from the Yato don't come into play until the very end of the game.

Irrelevant as you'll have it for the eventual challenge dlc down the line.

Magic is still very weak in this and far less useful than Corrin having staff access. Corrin being a walking Convoy makes staff access even better as they can change out staves on the fly at no cost to themselves.

Self healing isn't an issue as Corrin can still use their convoy powers to use elixirs or the such.

Only issue is 1-2 but really, not a huge issue abd can be planned around. After all, Takumi is range 2 with his bow yet is one of the best characters in the game.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

After grinding, Nohr Noble can Horse Spirit/Calamity Gate and Hoshido/Nohr-stack some procs. Pretty much invincible with Vantage on Corrin and Sol/Astra on the pocket unit and onerounds everything at 1-2 range at 99%+ reliability with enough procstack (and really any scroll/tome).

Edited by XeKr

Depends. Do you want ranged attacks and some help with magic damage (Nohr Noble) or want the ability to heal others at the price of being forced to commit to melee combat (Hoshido Noble)?

Female Corrin would like a word with you: Magic Counter (screw you tome/scroll only users). Even then being able to heal others isn't so much of an issue when Azura can give you another action.

Female Corrin would like a word with you: Magic Counter (screw you tome/scroll only users). Even then being able to heal others isn't so much of an issue when Azura can give you another action.

and what about counter? Not to mention I like to have a pseudo tank corrin due to Yato, horse god and possibly jacob. I can also retaliate back against them with both horse god and dragon curse if they survive. Sure the likes of staffing is pretty damn good, but we don't have a lot of competition for scroll users in Conquest except for Leon and maybe Ophelia and even they have their own issues.

Plus having a magic Corrin with dragon stone + to really smack it into some units with low res and magic counter might not even be an issue. You can have around 60 attack on res and potentially even activate dragon fang to bring the hurt while tanking harder.

Hell, why worry about magic counter? You aren't bad with a sword as Nohr Noble either.

As for Valla route, it doesn't really matter because one can freely switch around the classes for different play styles. However if you want more physical offense or durability then go Hosh noble and if you want more magic or speed then go Nohr noble.