Best mom for Selki and Velour?

Ngtunganh

My calculations are still incomplete

However, Setsuna consistently appears to be the best mom for Selkie.

For Velouria, Effie and Charlotte appears to be great mothers for her. However, Effie is also a good mom to multiple possible children and Charlotte is a great candidate for Siegbert.

What exactly are you calculating?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly are you calculating?

First I compared the children's base growth rates and compared it with the mothers. Then I took the correlation of their growths. The higher the value, the more similar the growth. Then I used the Hungarian method to maximize the sum of those values (one child per variable parent)

It's hard to explain. But you gotta love math to understand it completely.

:-/

Edited by Jayvee94

First I compared the children's base growth rates and compared it with the mothers. Then I took the correlation of their growths. The higher the value, the more similar the growth. Then I used the Hungarian method to maximize the sum of those values (one child per variable parent)

It's hard to explain. But you gotta love math to understand it completely.

:-/

Where can I find children base stat?

Fe wiki have some but missing many of them

My calculations are still incomplete

However, Setsuna consistently appears to be the best mom for Selkie.

For Velouria, Effie and Charlotte appears to be great mothers for her. However, Effie is also a good mom to multiple possible children and Charlotte is a great candidate for Siegbert.

How do you figure Setsuna is a good mother? Setsuna!Selkie has a measly 25 strength growth (35 after Kitsune class bonus). Her only noteworthy stats would be speed and resistance.

Edited by NekoKnight

How do you figure Setsuna is a good mother? Setsuna!Selkie has a measly 25 strength growth (35 after Kitsune class bonus). Her only noteworthy stats would be speed and resistance.

Its a matter of Selkie benefiting the most from Setsuna. No one else really wants her and the speed and resistance comes in handy. Also, one can say I've been blessed with strength growths. All in all, its the Orochi!Asugi scenario where one child can still be valuable even with a sub-par mom. This frees up moms like Hinoka and Azura for other children.

Its a matter of Selkie benefiting the most from Setsuna. No one else really wants her and the speed and resistance comes in handy. Also, one can say I've been blessed with strength growths. All in all, its the Orochi!Asugi scenario where one child can still be valuable even with a sub-par mom. This frees up moms like Hinoka and Azura for other children.

All I'm hearing is that no one wants Setsuna as a mom. Almost all of Selkie's potential mothers will leave her with good or adequate Speed and Resistance (especially if you plan on keeping her a Kitsune) but some of them give Selkie usable strength. Considering Selkie's low strength growth (30%) she needs a strong mother to make up for it. You can't kill enemies with just speed and resistance.

All I'm hearing is that no one wants Setsuna as a mom. Almost all of Selkie's potential mothers will leave her with good or adequate Speed and Resistance (especially if you plan on keeping her a Kitsune) but some of them give Selkie usable strength. Considering Selkie's low strength growth (30%) she needs a strong mother to make up for it. You can't kill enemies with just speed and resistance.

My Setsuna!Selkie carries Hoshidan Unity + Dragon Fang, Her Skill gives her ~1/3 of a chance to use it every battle. Setsuna lowers her skill at near the least of all of her mothers as well. This helps me in the damage department. Azura and Hana also appear to be great options as they lower he SKL by 1 and give her higher STR growth. Also Oboro to a lesser extent.

Edited by ShadowStar77

I disagree with Setsuna being the best mom for Selkie, probably mediocre at best. She passes down archer line with the only skill that's really notably useful is Prescient Victory (+4 damage when initiating battle). Her speed is already great, any more is overkill, and there's not really any merit in specializing in it since she will double nearly all enemies anyways. I'd say she benefits way more with Kagerou, Oboro, or Hinoka.

Kagerou really patches up her offense while giving her a great class tree, and you can do some sheninigans with four fangs + snake venoms, along with copycat.

Oboro gives great all around modifiers and growths, and allows for nasty enemy phase combos (four fangs + speed + defense seal).

Hinoka is just all around great for Selkie.

I disagree with Setsuna being the best mom for Selkie, probably mediocre at best. She passes down archer line with the only skill that's really notably useful is Prescient Victory (+4 damage when initiating battle). Her speed is already great, any more is overkill, and there's not really any merit in specializing in it since she will double nearly all enemies anyways. I'd say she benefits way more with Kagerou, Oboro, or Hinoka.

Kagerou really patches up her offense while giving her a great class tree, and you can do some sheninigans with four fangs + snake venoms, along with copycat.

Oboro gives great all around modifiers and growths, and allows for nasty enemy phase combos (four fangs + speed + defense seal).

Hinoka is just all around great for Selkie.

I agree with all of those mothers. Also, I agree that Setsuna isn't the "best" and there are definitely parents that can help Selkie out more. Its just how my pairings fell into place. It all depends on what mothers you have available to use. She just worked out well for me but can easily get RNG Screwed.

Setsuna's growths are much different from her caps:

1. Only 20% Str but 0 cap. There are a lot of units with much higher growths but -1 or even -2 caps.

2. Only 30% Skl but +1 cap.

3. 40% Res is her second highest growth, but -1 cap.

That makes huge differences between "no grinding" and "min/max".

It is necessary to point out which case you are talking about.

Edited by Tooru

Setsuna's growths are much different from her caps:

1. Only 20% Str but 0 cap. There are a lot of units with much higher growths but -1 or even -2 caps.

2. Only 30% Skl but +1 cap.

3. 40% Res is her second highest growth, but -1 cap.

That makes huge differences between "no grinding" and "min/max".

It is necessary to point out which case you are talking about.

True, I was going to mention this as well. Setsuna and Kaden were paired with Postgame in mind. Although, she did help out a bit with Child Seals. Mods seem to reign supreme here with Skill Buying.

The only postgame is PvP, which has its own particular meta. Endgame scaled DLC/skirmishes/child paralogues can have strong enemies, but they’re still usually not done at max stats. Any fully grinded team easily steamrolls everything not PvP, regardless of what the pairings are.

For the main-game, Selkie has a problem in that Kitsunes have a lot of Spd, Res, but want Str, Def. Her dad, Kaden, generally has better stats than her because of his high bases, decent Str/Def growths, and support that’s built up already. Another issue is Rinkah, the wife who gives the best Pair-Up stats to Kaden, has low personal Str growth. Hinoka/Oboro/Mozu probably pass the best physical growths, though they probably want to be in Spearfighter/Archer to give Str to Kaden. Kaden can’t really give them very good stats in return. And again, Kinu might just be an equal/worse version of Kaden for most of the game.

Orochi is an interesting main game option, working in attack stance or as Apothecary!Orochi gives Str/Def to Kaden, and Kinu (with an Arms Scroll+Horse Spirit) can be a solid mage. People often mention the lack of good mages in Hoshido, with Orochi’s Spd, Hayato’s poor bases, and Rhajat requiring Hayato plus her accuracy, so this is a potential solution.

Alternatively, Kaden can be used to support Orochi with +Spd pair up, though if Kinu is also a mage this leaves you with no Kitsune running around. Still, nothing that special about a 1 range locked unit, whereas Horse Spirit!Orochi and Kinu are rather respectable in routing.

Peri in Revelations is another +Str/Def option for Kaden, or Charlotte can be good for glass offense.

Velouria has better Spd than Keaton, so she’s kinda a better version of him with any physical mother. Effie/Camilla pass great growths and Def+2/Str+2, and like Keaton’s Str/Spd bonuses. Keaton would rather have Spd from someone like Selena, which works out well for both members of the pair. Velouria also gets nice skill inheritance from this pairing, Strong Riposte/Sol (or Axe/Shurikenbreaker, if you want to wait that long).

Felicia gives Keaton Spd+Def/move, but wrecks Velouria’s Str/Def growths. She can solve a mage problem by passing an early Tomebreaker by midgame (and Str is still a respectable 50%, after class growth).

Camilla is notable as she’s by far the best unit mentioned for the maingame, and really likes Keaton’s Pair Up boosts (either him or Arthur are probably her best options) and again, makes a strong Velouria.

In Revelations, Hana is another +Spd option and appreciates Keaton’s Pair Up in return.

Edited by XeKr

Selkie - I'm gonna attempt a magical one. Kaden's Strength is middling, at best, and I don't need two shapeshifting girls.

Velouria - You have to work really hard to screw her up. I paired Keaton with Elise, put Velouria in a physical class, and she still wrecked face.

So if I use Effie for Velouria who should I go for Percy ?

You. Just. Did. It. Again.

Stop double-posting. I'm not going to warn you for this instance, but I will be a lot less lenient if I see this again.

You. Just. Did. It. Again.Stop double-posting. I'm not going to warn you for this instance, but I will be a lot less lenient if I see this again.

But first one in 8:17 and second one is 9:49

That still count?

But first one in 8:17 and second one is 9:49

That still count?

I'm going to define a double post:

You post twice in a row.

It doesn't matter how long passes between those two posts - a double post is a double post, and that's not cool.

I'm going to define a double post:You post twice in a row.It doesn't matter how long passes between those two posts - a double post is a double post, and that's not cool.

Ok,ok I'm sr

That not gonna happen again,I promised