the animations in some of the cutscenes are really silly (spoiler)

maybe

They just sort of happen really abruptly sometimes

The animation when Hans kills Gunter is just so ridiculous that I couldn't take it seriously

He just sort of walks up to Gunter and whacks him with his axe, then hits his horse, which causes it to break the bridge and fall. I wanted to be sad or surprised but after seeing that all I thought was "ok."

It's the same with the part where Corrin gets the Yato. With the way the game was going I knew it was going to go to him, but I expected it to slowly and dramatically fly into his hand or something. Instead, it just floats out, and spins around through the air like someone threw it at him, and he catches it in an equally appropriate way. I really couldn't tell how I was supposed to feel after that

this probably didn't need a thread but I just wanted to talk about this

Edited by maybe

When Corrin and Xander have a dueling animation in one of the last chapters, Corrin doesn't automatically equip the Yato, he has whatever he happened to have on at the time. So he was fighting Xander to the death with a shitty looking practice katana. I don't know what happens if he has a dragonstone, I assume it's the yato then?

Edited by Sane Young Dog Man

Yeah, some of the animations in the cutscenes were hard to take seriously. In terms of sheer ridiculousness nothing came close to Lucina with Falchion as a Sage because cutscene demanded her to use it though.

Edited by LordBraixen

My avatar was a Basara, and in the cutscene in Conquest where the avatar reunites with Xander and Xander attacks them to test their reflexes, my avatar blocked with a Disrobing Gale tome.

...Did it work?

My avatar blocked Xander's attack... with Paper equipped. Because, you know, almighty person-locked swords can be blocked with paper!

...Then again, you could block axes with books in Awakening.

Also, the Basaras and Malig Knights raise tomes sideways, and I'm pretty sure that's not how you read a book.