Hinata has odd growths for a samurai unit...

Faellin

But she does? I used her in both my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs on Normal, and while she can hit hard and usually double everything, if anything so much as looks at her wrong she's gone. (It doesn't help that her base growths are very similar to Azura's, another one-shot magnet.)

On the topic at hand, Hinata's weird growths are an example of the weird growths Hoshido seems to have in general. Hinata's part of the Weirdly Defensive Trio (him, 'Baki and Rinkah), which stands opposed to the Weirdly Offensive Trio (Azama, Sakura, Hana). And then there's Hinata, Saizo and Tsubaki's low speed growth for their starting classes, Azura's general situation (she's not exclusive to Birthright but she was raised in Hoshido), etc.

I'm using her on Hard, and I just fail to see the merit to such claims, though... Maybe my Hana got defence blessed, but still...

Hana can possibly get one-shotted by late-game Beserkers, Generals and Great Knights. It's pretty easy to work around tho as she naturally has WTA against the Berserkers, and can have WTA against Generals and Great Knights with the Dual Katana. On PP they will usually have 0% hit because of Duelist's Blow.

If I have to compliment Fates for doing one thing really well, it's making each character feel unique. Yes, some of them are super quirky (Azama is Bow User in a Monk's body, Hinata is a Fighter in a Samurai's body), but it's cool to think that everyone (both first and second gen) has a few cool builds they can run. It beats Awakening (a game I really like), where it was Gen 2 and Robin or bust in terms of post game team building.

But she does? I used her in both my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs on Normal, and while she can hit hard and usually double everything, if anything so much as looks at her wrong she's gone. (It doesn't help that her base growths are very similar to Azura's, another one-shot magnet.)

Pair Hana up with Silas. I'm on Birthright Hard, and she can survive at least one hit from unpromoted classes. You can also shove a HP Tonic down her throat to keep her alive. Just. . .don't have her go up against a General with a Silver Lance while she's wielding a Steel Katana.

As for Hinata. . .his base Speed's a bit wonky, but he's durable enough that he doesn't care (unless it's a mage). If Triple Threat activates, it's outright hilarious. I like him as a Swordmaster due to its bases.