Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - the game is out!

Thane

Mira and Eric are horribly underdeveloped, and their roles are hardly even explained. It's also noteworthy that Mira gets away, no strings attached, and unless the power of friendship somehow unlocked her ability to feel emotions properly, she's still a psychopath. Far too much is dismissed by a simple wave of the hand, like the alien technology which even for this series is a bit out there; it requires a completely different suspension of disbelief than SHIFTing due to the lack of backstory, foreshadowing and explanation.

I'm glad you also like Diana and Sigma's ending - I found that to be a highlight of the game. It's depressing and honestly far scarier than any of the gore in the game. I think it was rather well executed too.

Agreed on Mira and Eric. I suppose they're intended as wildcards (in both narrative and Zero's plan) since Mira's a psychopath and Eric broken enough he's bound to go nuts at some point. Heck, I like what they were going for, their backstories are cool and team Q dynamic is pretty interesting (if not very deep), but the end result is that they just kind of are there.

Mira actually was healed by power of friendship (or Zero's magic or something), their team's epilogue says she now has a real smile. And that's probably the least messed up part of it if you ask me.

I didn't mind the alien technology that much, actually. Not sure why not to be honest, since it is pretty rediculous. Maybe I just put it all in the technobabble corner of my mind and forget about it.

Yeah, that scene gave me the chills. It somehow managed to be grim, heartwarming and scary all in one. Diana breaking down is definitely one of the scariest moments, especially since that far she's been kindness incarnate.

(I still say the creepiest thing is characters raising teir hands above their head. Have you seen how the shoulder/armpit area bends? *shudder*)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a random thought I just had: So, Mira learning how to feel emotions and stuff in the true ending. I'm not 100% sure it's down to the Power of Friendship (or Zero's Magic). Think about it. Even if it was temporary, Mira had access to the Morphogenetic field in order to SHIFT. If I remember correctly, those that did have access to the field could transmit and receive information from other people (such as Akane, Junpei, Carlos etc. Etc.) So, either for a temporary moment, or permanently idk, Mira might have recieved memories from the other players in the decision game as to what emotions are. That might have helped her learn some emotions surely, and therefore she wouldn't need to kill others and she might be able to feel some emotions herself??? (though I'd admit that the epilogue files were badly implemented, and ending cutscenes would have been so much better.)

Just a random thought I just had: So, Mira learning how to feel emotions and stuff in the true ending. I'm not 100% sure it's down to the Power of Friendship (or Zero's Magic). Think about it. Even if it was temporary, Mira had access to the Morphogenetic field in order to SHIFT. If I remember correctly, those that did have access to the field could transmit and receive information from other people (such as Akane, Junpei, Carlos etc. Etc.) So, either for a temporary moment, or permanently idk, Mira might have recieved memories from the other players in the decision game as to what emotions are. That might have helped her learn some emotions surely, and therefore she wouldn't need to kill others and she might be able to feel some emotions herself??? (though I'd admit that the epilogue files were badly implemented, and ending cutscenes would have been so much better.)

Not a bad idea, to be honest, but that would be more hand waving of stuff. After all, one of Mira's main characterizations was "fixed" practically off-screen. Actually, both her main characterizations were fixed in one off-screen go, now that I think about it, since her lack of emotions directly led to her being heart ripper. At least the game had the decency to say her sins can be never truly cleared... And then gave her a method of doing that in a different timeline.

To be honest, the other text epilogues were fine by me. Sure cutscenes or illustrations would have been better, but I see why they didn't do that. They would have had to create bunch of new cgi environments and at least 1 new character (Carlos' sister) just for that. It's just the Eric/Mira/Sean one is such a mess.

So, about the 999 and VLR ports, did anything else get announced after Uchikoshi visited that anime convention? Did he say anything about ZTD?