Child Scramble Convo Topic

Abvora

I can't say I've enjoyed many of these conversations (although I really appreciate the hard work people put into translating everything, of course), but I'm still bothered by the lack of Velour. I may just have to buy the DLC myself.

Oh yeah that reminds me, when is the Halloween DLC scheduled to come out? It's this week, but when?

I think March 23.. if I'm not wrong

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to recap, we're getting Leo, Xander, Camilla, Oboro and then two dev favourites?

From what I've heard we don't know if they'll skip the royals or not even though they've already been featured in similar art. People also speculate that we'll get Azura and Suzukaze because of Shigure and Midoriko's presence in the Hoshido festival DLC.

No matter what though, I'm just glad Oboro gets the attention she deserves. Too bad Flora couldn't quite beat the royals as well.

Edited by Thane

From what I've heard we don't know if they'll skip the royals or not even though they've already been featured in similar art. People also speculate that we'll get Azura and Suzukaze because of Shigure and Midoriko's presence in the Hoshido festival DLC.

No matter what though, I'm just glad Oboro gets the attention she deserves. Too bad Flora couldn't quite beat the royals too though.

Pretty sure it'll be the royals again, since the male one on the website looks a bit like Xander (blonde hair and the shape of the curl). I might be wrong though, do I'm not going to say for sure.

Give me Azura or I riot

Pretty sure it'll be the royals again, since the male one on the website looks a bit like Xander (blonde hair and the shape of the curl). I might be wrong though, do I'm not going to say for sure.

Give me Azura or I riot

If that were the case, then it's definitely Xander, Leo, Camilla and Oboro, unless they find a weird way to incorporate Femui's design in those pictures. That leaves the two mystery characters, but I'll just assume it'll be Azura and Suzukaze.

I still can't believe they didn't just do a list for Hoshido and Nohr, as opposed to splitting it up between genders.

I would ask you what you see in her, but then you'd just ask me what I see in Velour, and I'd draw a blank.

If that were the case, then it's definitely Xander, Leo, Camilla and Oboro, unless they find a weird way to incorporate Femui's design in those pictures. That leaves the two mystery characters, but I'll just assume it'll be Azura and Suzukaze.

I still can't believe they didn't just do a list for Hoshido and Nohr, as opposed to splitting it up between genders.

I would ask you what you see in her, but then you'd just ask me what I see in Velour, and I'd draw a blank.

If they wanted to make one for Femui, they could try and come up with a costume in dragon form. Although, I have a gut feeling that Takumi could be the male dev choice. We'll see. Also, splitting them by route would require common sense, which the dev team for Fates clearly lacks in many areas (the gameplay guys are on point though).

I would also challenge you to a steel cage match to the death for insinuating that my waifu is shit, but I'll leave you be. For now...

There is something that i want know, the halloween dlc will have unique supports just for the first generations with any combination, or it will be for some characters? The avatar will have a Unique support with all his(her) allys? And In the case he(she) is married with one?

If they wanted to make one for Femui, they could try and come up with a costume in dragon form. Although, I have a gut feeling that Takumi could be the male dev choice. We'll see. Also, splitting them by route would require common sense, which the dev team for Fates clearly lacks in many areas (the gameplay guys are on point though).

I would also challenge you to a steel cage match to the death for insinuating that my waifu is shit, but I'll leave you be. For now...

I doubt that'd happen. The cynical part of me thinks that the only reason for as to why the Corrns rank highly (although male Corrin is only fifth on the list and that brings a smile to my face) is simply because people enjoy shipping - considerably fewer people are into shipping dragons than pretty anime people.

Hey, I'm always down for more Takumi. I'd actually squee a little if he and Oboro got a picture together, but I don't see that happening.

My waifu brings me treasures, yours is in desperate need of a strategy book.

I doubt that'd happen. The cynical part of me thinks that the only reason for as to why the Corrns rank highly (although male Corrin is only fifth on the list and that brings a smile to my face) is simply because people enjoy shipping - considerably fewer people are into shipping dragons than pretty anime people.

Hey, I'm always down for more Takumi. I'd actually squee a little if he and Oboro got a picture together, but I don't see that happening.

My waifu brings me treasures, yours is in desperate need of a strategy book.

Not gonna lie, I thought of shippers as soon as I saw Leo and Corrin as the winners

Needs a strategy book > Filthy Subhuman

Edited by Phillius

Not gonna lie, my I thought of shippers as soon as I saw Leo and Corrin as the winners

Needs a strategy book > Filthy Subhuman

The difference between the two is that Leo has a personality and depth though. I certainly don't mind him winning, and I can even see why people like Xander since even though his main story personality is shit, his supports are great. Of course, considering the amount of people I've seen who desperately want to bang him, I don't doubt that shipping plays a large part in his popularity as well.

The difference between the two is that Leo has a personality and depth though. I certainly don't mind him winning, and I can even see why people like Xander since even though his main story personality is shit, his supports are great. Of course, considering the amount of people I've seen who desperately want to bang him, I don't doubt that shipping plays a large part in his popularity as well.

Mhmm. I also find it hilarious that he has an 'interest' in Camilla. Why am I surprised that the most popular male in Fates is a canon siscon?

and I can even see why people like Xander since even though his main story personality is shit, his supports are great

[spoiler=Hmm...]

Azura.png

Edited by Phillius

Mhmm. I also find it hilarious that he has an 'interest' in Camilla. Why am I surprised that the most popular male in Fates is a canon siscon?

[spoiler=Hmm...]

Azura.png

Sometimes I wonder just how much the writers of Intelligent Systems actually talk to other people outside of their own group. I also want to know if any of them actually have any sisters; they don't seem to treat incest as a big deal, but rather seem to get off on it more than anything else. There are just so many lines, both with or without incestual undertones, that sound so unnatural and more like an imitation of what someone with limited social experience thinks a conversation would sound like.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but them casually throwing around incest like that seems less like a deliberate move to capitalize on a popular fetish (which I'm sure is part of the reason) and more like they have some weird fantasies of their own.

As for the picture, sorry, but I don't really see it. She can be a little cute in her supports, but she's a cold exposition bot in the main story - at least Xander has some personality to him even in the main story, even if his spine is replaced with a wet noodle.

Just accept Velour as your true waifu and all will make sense in the world.

Sometimes I wonder just how much the writers of Intelligent Systems actually talk to other people outside of their own group. I also want to know if any of them actually have any sisters; they don't seem to treat incest as a big deal, but rather seem to get off on it more than anything else. There are just so many lines, both with or without incestual undertones, that sound so unnatural and more like an imitation of what someone with limited social experience thinks a conversation would sound like.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but them casually throwing around incest like that seems less like a deliberate move to capitalize on a popular fetish (which I'm sure is part of the reason) and more like they have some weird fantasies of their own.

I'm not even sure what happened. I'd like to think that it only happened because of a few people, but it seems like the whole thing has been a mess from start to finish.

As for the picture, sorry, but I don't really see it. She can be a little cute in her supports, but she's a cold exposition bot in the main story - at least Xander has some personality to him even in the main story, even if his spine is replaced with a wet noodle.

Just accept Velour as your true waifu and all will make sense in the world.

In all seriousness, that's perfectly fine. Trust me, nobody is aware of and hates the way she's treated by the story more than me and as always, supports are a very subjective thing. I honestly find Xander to be a little bland and dislike Laslow/Inigo because the constant flirting gets on my nerves, but I can see why people would like them.

Also fuck Velour, if I have to become a disgusting furry, I'm going Selkie.

Umm, more on topic. Here are Hayato/Kana and Nina/Avatar (as Mother/Daughter, Married, and Regular versions)'s convos.

http://fateswartable.tumblr.com/post/141427976954/hoshido-festival-dlc-tsukuyomikanna (Hayato/Kana)

http://fateswartable.tumblr.com/post/141426710954/hoshido-festival-dlc-all-eponinenina (Nina/Avatar)

Edit; That's neat. If you have Nina and Avatar be mother and daughter, in their convo Nina will mention that she is part-dragon (Nina - "I’m so excited I feel like I’m gonna become a dragon at any moment!"). I think that other then Kana, this is the first time the other child of Avatar will mention being part-dragon.

Edited by December Knight

Umm, more on topic. Here are Hayato/Kana and Nina/Avatar (as Mother/Daughter, Married, and Regular versions)'s convos.

http://fateswartable.tumblr.com/post/141427976954/hoshido-festival-dlc-tsukuyomikanna (Hayato/Kana)

http://fateswartable.tumblr.com/post/141426710954/hoshido-festival-dlc-all-eponinenina (Nina/Avatar)

Look at you, being "on topic" and "contributing to the community" and "having important things to say". Bet you feel really good about yourself, Miss Perfect.

Seriously though, that first regular conversation with Nina was great. More of that please.

Look at you, being "on topic" and "contributing to the community" and "having important things to say". Bet you feel really good about yourself, Miss Perfect.

Seriously though, that first regular conversation with Nina was great. More of that please.

I do.

Yeah, it's really nice seeing Nina not being in yaoi mode for most of the convos.

People have different personas; between home, "work", and play, somebody could almost seem like three different people.

Though seriously, I just think it was moneygrubbing and trying to squeeze every last yen out of the waifu audience.

I do.

Yeah, it's really nice seeing Nina not being in yaoi mode for most of the convos.

I still don't see how she can be the most popular kid. Granted, we're talking about characters that range from 10:th to 18:th out of 36 on the popularity poll, but even so, she's the most popular kid character. All my biases for Velour aside, I can't believe Shinonome didn't rank higher - maybe because no one could recruit him because he kept killing himself in his recruitment chapter.

It's just so strange to have a DLC about the poorly implemented kids who aren't even that popular in the first place; looking at least on the male popularity poll, pretty much half of them are all very close to the bottom.

People have different personas; between home, "work", and play, somebody could almost seem like three different people.

Though seriously, I just think it was moneygrubbing and trying to squeeze every last yen out of the waifu audience.

I wholeheartedly agree, and I even said as much. However, the way they go about it and how casually they mention something like Leo being in love with Camilla just makes me question just how they view something like family or relationships in general; that comment really added nothing to any of the characters, but was instead just thrown out there, and not in a way that would enable them to make some sweet moolah out of the people who are into that sort of thing.

A bit off topic, but this talk about character polls and shipping reminds of Awakening's poll.

If I'm not mistaken the winners were Chrom and Female Robin.

Is history repeating itself?

Is LeoxF!Corrin the new ChromxF!Robin?

Yes. More Chivalrous Thief, less Yaoi Fangirl please. Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

I actually like yaoi fangirl but...

Yeah I can agree with this Nina's got a lot going for her and the more of it that gets shown the better.

(That said I genuinely like her supports with MKana so I may just have terrible taste)

Edited by joshcja

I honestly laughed when I read the Sakura/Kana support. It was the right amount of absurdity and disturbing where you either have to laugh like a maniac, or act like Black Mage when dealing with the mental image of Matoya and Bahamut's relationship (I'll be surprised if anyone got that reference.)

That's a very roundabout way of saying you'd puke.

I thought the Silas!Kana one was cute.

Edited by NohrrinSetsSwordsToStun

A bit off topic, but this talk about character polls and shipping reminds of Awakening's poll.

If I'm not mistaken the winners were Chrom and Female Robin.

Is history repeating itself?

Is LeoxF!Corrin the new ChromxF!Robin?

Lucina was the female winner, actually. Clearly the OTP was ChromxLucina okay I'm sorry that's gross I'll stop.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work in translations, adding them to the OP!

Lucina was the female winner, actually. Clearly the OTP was ChromxLucina okay I'm sorry that's gross I'll stop.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work in translations, adding them to the OP!

Now thay I think about it, I remember Lucina winning.

But didn't Female Robin rank pretty high?