Staff Forum

Tino

Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to let all the non-staffers have a peek at what the staff discusses, and the section where members can post also doesn't make sense, for that is pretty much the same as the Questions and Suggestions section.

The staff should discuss what they have to discuss, and members shouldn't be able to know what they discuss. It can only cause commotion on the forums and won't add something to it at all. In other words, it can only hurt the forum (not saying that it does, but it definitely can).

Just my opinion on the matter.

You can post in the extra section, but that's technically the same as this one and therefore has no use at all :mellow:

You can post in the extra section, but that's technically the same as this one and therefore has no use at all :mellow:

Why have a member feedback forum when you could just have them post in the topic, if that's their goal?

It actually was always there, but Vincent apparently hid it XD Anyways, SF is meant to be a place that feels like home, so allowing certain discussion topics among the staff to be viewed by certain members is fine. Besides, the whole point is to get member feedback about staff suggested ideas, without interrupting the actual discussion of the staff.

I'd say that if you, the staff, have come to a conclusion of a certain discussion, you present the outcome to the SF members and then let them discuss it.

I realize that members should feel at home here, but in all honesty and with all due respect, I don't think that revealing staff discussions will actually add something to that. Besides, what if you have to discuss something that members simple can't know anything about, such as a banned user? Are you going to use PMs? No, don't think so. A seperate section that's hidden from the members that you have to create for one topic? Pretty useless, if you ask me.

There's another forum for closed staff discussions ;P You didn't think we'd REALLY let you know EVERYTHING did you? Anyways, this forum is not meant to have dictations about every new policy. We're friendlier here, and we want people's opinions on some of our discussions, yet we don't want people interrupting them directly with stupid comments.

And for your information, the two staff forums have existed since this boards creation. Sometime along the way Vincent hid the board because it wasn't being used.

There's another forum for closed staff discussions ;P You didn't think we'd REALLY let you know EVERYTHING did you? Anyways, this forum is not meant to have dictations about every new policy. We're friendlier here, and we want people's opinions on some of our discussions, yet we don't want people interrupting them directly with stupid comments.
XD, you posted RIGHT before me, very well, you're doing well. Good job staff. ^_^

And for your information, the two staff forums have existed since this boards creation. Sometime along the way Vincent hid the board because it wasn't being used.

Well, I expected that, yes. Otherwise you would be a pretty bad staff, to be honest :o (no offense)

I suppose I shall not try and the change the way it is now, because it doesn't quite seem I can convince you XD My point still stands, though.