dark souls 3 hype

Tryhard

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah one thing is that broadsword or just straightswords in general currently seem to be OP because their damage is comparable to like the claymore while having some of the highest dps in the game.

And no wanderer set found yet.

Edited by Tryhard

Oh yeah one thing is that broadsword or just straightswords in general currently seem to be OP because their damage is comparable to like the claymore while having some of the highest dps in the game.

And no wanderer set found yet.

Straight sword best weapons. I imagine the weapons will be adjusted down the line.

aw If it isn't in then I'll have to find a new look.

souls games do tend to be unbalanced at launch

though i'm one that has always thought souls pvp is cheesy shite and i don't understand why anyone takes it seriously

it's fun to fool about with but i can't say it's ever been good

Edited by Tryhard

so it turns out catalysts are bugged and for some reason give the bonuses to your scaling when you increase the stat it DOESN'T use

For example, Logan's Catalyst, which has S scaling in INT, gets a scaling bonus from FAI instead. It's no wonder my spells are doing horrible damage.

i'm actually so tired of people complaining about it not being difficult enough and the game hasn't even come out internationally yet

i find it kind of funny that outside japan people think that the series is made to be hard for the sake of being hard even though that's not how the games are made at all, but because of their reputation and marketing of "lol difficult" in the west that's all people seem to see

this is coming from miyazaki who was considering adding an easy mode to the series

i dunno, i think sometimes people in the fanbase likes to smell their own farts over how difficult the game is and thus how restrictive it is for average new players

a bonus for those that do revisionist history over how easy the majority of bosses are in the Souls series previously for experienced players yet they say they are difficult.

people are nerds

edit: i almost guarantee nobody's playing int like esme too :^)

Edited by Tryhard

Seeing those reviews that describe dark souls like its some sort of drug used "for the rush of beating a difficult boss" sickens me.

And then all the YouTubers that do those rage-throughs or whatever.

Ugh.

I do think it's starting to get a bit better though.

As in, people are starting to see it as an actual game.

Some people do actually play it for those reasons and enjoy it for those reasons. While I dislike people who play Dark Souls and other hard games purely to make themselves angry on recording for Youtube views, I don't think that playing for "the rush of beating a difficult boss" is an invalid method of enjoyment.

Some people do actually play it for those reasons and enjoy it for those reasons. While I dislike people who play Dark Souls and other hard games purely to make themselves angry on recording for Youtube views, I don't think that playing for "the rush of beating a difficult boss" is an invalid method of enjoyment.

It isn't, but some people seem to think the only 'gimmick' with the games is that they're difficult.

It isn't, but some people seem to think the only 'gimmick' with the games is that they're difficult.

Oh yeah, well that's dumb. I have to admit, I thought that myself long before I actually decided to pick up the game for a bit.

i'm actually so tired of people complaining about it not being difficult enough and the game hasn't even come out internationally yet

It's only easy because most people are watching others play the Xbone version, which is the "press release" version that was made easier for the people playing the demos. The actual Japanese version is more challenging, although FUGS kinda destroys PvE right now.

Edited by Esme

i find it kind of funny that outside japan people think that the series is made to be hard for the sake of being hard even though that's not how the games are made at all, but because of their reputation and marketing of "lol difficult" in the west that's all people seem to see

this is coming from miyazaki who was considering adding an easy mode to the series

i dunno, i think sometimes people in the fanbase likes to smell their own farts over how difficult the game is and thus how restrictive it is for average new players

a bonus for those that do revisionist history over how easy the majority of bosses are in the Souls series previously for experienced players yet they say they are difficult.

people are nerds

I don't think it's worth paying too much attention to lol. They're essentially saying "Why do game series get progressively easier the more titles I play in them?!".

I'm trying not to get spoiled, so I haven't watched anything related to DS3, but I'm sure it's fine.

It's only easy because most people are watching others play the Xbone version, which is the "press release" version that was made easier for the people playing the demos. The actual Japanese version is more challenging, although FUGS kinda destroys PvE right now.

It's funny how we were saying that Strength weapons should get buffed. I think from what I've seen they look pretty great, like Demon's Souls great.

I don't think it's worth paying too much attention to lol. They're essentially saying "Why do game series get progressively easier the more titles I play in them?!".

I'm trying not to get spoiled, so I haven't watched anything related to DS3, but I'm sure it's fine.

I don't really take it seriously, this happened with Bloodborne and it happened with Dark Souls 2... probably happened with Dark Souls 1 with the Demon's Souls fanbase. People said it was easy from watching streams before it came out, and I don't really consider either of those games "casual" as some people seemed to. They're probably just being reactionary, but it just shows me how fickle those fans can be because it is comparable to the other games.

Though I should ignore it, I have been not caring about spoilers so I see it a lot when I look for information.

Edited by Tryhard

Aside from the catalyst/spell bug, it's totally fine. Really well-made, in fact!

It's funny how we were saying that Strength weapons should get buffed. I think from what I've seen they look pretty great, like Demon's Souls great.

They really are back to their DeS glory days. DEX guys can't just trade with them and expect to outdamage them like they used to. It's kinda funny, actually.

Edited by Esme

i'm scared to think how it will be with not-broken magic

speaking of which, didn't that happen with Bloodborne too? arcane scaling was broken on release and they fixed it relatively early on?