Editing Text within Fe7

thekealganon

Alright, so I'm making a new hack and while editing the text, to add another portrait inside, the game crashes and makes a very loud beeping noise.

Opening_event:
LOU1 Baddies Goodies
OOBB
CAM1 [22,4]
CURF [22,4]
MUS1 0x0039
TEX1 0x0815
REMA
ENDA

the current opening events I have.

I am editing the 0815 text conversation, but as I said before, I just wanted to change the person talking so I took Batta for example:

[OpenRight][LoadFace][0x88][0x01][ToggleSmile]
I am Lyn, of the Lorca tribe.[.]
You're safe now.[A][0x02][.....]

When the game loads, it takes all my events correctly, but when it comes to the text, it doesn't even appear and as I said up there, crashes, etc.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'd like to know what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.

Thanks.

that doesn't matter

why is there a random [0x02] in the text? why not try like, this?

[OpenRight][LoadFace][0x88][0x01][ToggleSmile]
I am Lyn, of the Lorca tribe.[.]
You're safe now.[A][.....][X]

Damn, I'm pretty late to the question here. So sometimes the game will not be able to process your changes until you've saved and closed the program you've made your changes in. So in FEditor, after you're done editing the text, click save, then click close ROM or whatever it says. Your ROM should work with the changes made.

Another trick (I use this one more often, it's non-traditional) is that I copy and paste the ROM file itself after making my changes. So now there's a copy of your ROM. This little trick seals the changes you make. Open your copied ROM to test and check. This way you don't have to close the ROM out of the program you made changes in.

I hope I'm clear, and maybe this fixes things.

Edited by Avril Lavigne