Disappointing Feature

JulioRicardo

So I completed Birthright, and have completed up to Chapter 18 in Conquest. So far there have been very few opportunities to use the Dragon Vein ability. I thought this feature was going to be more prevalent throughout the game.

I wasn't looking for it to be in every chapter, but it's weird to me that it's not very often utilized.

What else has been disappointing for you?

Wait until you get to conquest.

and have completed up to Chapter 18 in Conquest.

mate.

i was also kind of disappointed by the dragon vein shit. it seemed to always be either things i totally ignored or an excuse to have really bad map gimmicks like the wind level.

The sad thing about the wind level is the fact that the only way they can improve that chapter is the exact same way to turn that chapter into literal hell

AKA have Hinoka appear on that map and activate Dragon Vein on her own will

Yeah Dragon Vein is relatively disapointing.

I was actually quite ok with it as a whole (except in Chapter 10 Birthright, still don't understand the point of the veins there) but using them in Revelation feels like a chore. I thought it was a good mechanic but I wouldn't want to see it in any more chapters than it already is in.

Yeah, I'm basically w/Horace on this one. Can't really think of how they'd use it more without making it feel like a chore (that rhymed, also hi Revelations) because there is only ONE Dragon's Vein user that you are guaranteed to use (yeah yeah, you're most likely going to use some of the royals but I think it's lame to assume that).

I guess I like how the concept is, but not how well it's implemented. I mean when was the last time the terrain changed in a Fire Emblem game?

All I remember with an outside map changing tiles in the GBA was FE6 beach chapter in the Ilia route.

Other than that, most of that crap was used for doors opening or inside castles or breakable walls.