What's a good strategy for chapter 10 conquest?(solved)

Dragoncat

I'm having trouble, thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm playing normal mode. I have all the available units so far, including Mozu(but she sucks) and a captured Hoshidan spear fighter named Misuki, who lasts longer than Mozu but he's still meh.

I've been fielding: MU Keena(still nohr princess class), Niles, Arthur, Azura, Silas, Effie, Elise, Jakob, Nyx, and Odin. I use Effie and Arthur to block the chokepoints by the house in the south, Effie right next to the house and Arthur by the water. Silas goes to the west. Niles goes to the east, usually paired up with Keena because I plan on making him the husbando. He uses the ballista there against the sky knights as they approach, and when Camilla and her retainers show up I send Selena to the east and Camilla and Beruka fly around taking out any threats. Usually I'll ballista sky knights and finish them off with Beruka. On occasion I'll use the fire orb when I think it's needed. Both dark mages also go behind Effie and/or Arthur sometimes to snipe. Jakob is usually around Arthur as well. Elise uses the freeze staff on occasion.

Am I doing something wrong or do I just have sucky luck?

Edited by Dragoncat

What difficulty are you on? I think the key is to use both Corrin and Effie to cover key points where the most enemies will gather; I usually place Corrin equipped with a Dragon Stone close to the hole in the walls to the right, and that has worked twice for me.

Also, have you considered using tonics?

There are two main choke points on the map. The left has axe wielders. Send Selena paired with arthur and a healer and position her in front of the house. Next send Effie to the right with someone and have her guard that turret. Your two strongest frontline units (For me it was Myself and Silas) should hold the middle. Beruka and Camilla can be used to reinforce either the middle or the right side because of their large move count. Use Camilla but keep in mind that she is already promoted. Keep Azura in the middle to allow extra turret shots and to allow your squishy ranged units to get out of dodge if the sky knights get too close. Once Takumi kills the choke points, don't just run backwards. Pull back enough so that you can survive each turn but you will want to focus the majority of your units on the right as that is where the enemy's majority will be. With a little luck you should get through it.

I'm on normal mode like I said. And I have used some defense tonics.

So try putting Silas in the middle instead?

Only if he is a strong frontline unit. The middle tends to be the most infested but it also gets help from the turrets. The right is not bad early on but it gets very hairy towards the end. The left is the easiest. The enemies are mostly axe wielders and someone with good speed such as Selena can hold it with a healer. The left also gets the magic turret to help it. The key here is to use Beruka and Camilla to reinforce the middle and right sides when they need help.

I'm on normal mode like I said. And I have used some defense tonics.

So try putting Silas in the middle instead?

Ah, pardon me, I didn't see that. I'd recommend HP tonics as well; they're incredibly powerful in the beginning of the game. Anything that helps you tank longer and doesn't force you to back and rely on a healer.

There's not only one way to solve this though. The important part is just making sure that you plan a few steps ahead and block the choke points.

Camilla can knock down any Pegasus that tries to make a beeline for the goal; just make sure she's out of the range of the archers that show up from time to time to cover them.

Edited by Thane

He's right. In fact change the difficulty to Lunatic, it's meant to help ease players into the game

Pretty sure he means to say stop choke-pointing, which is actually good advice as there is exactly one decent chokepoint here: left of the north-east ballista after the water drains away. Everything else needs to be repelled by killing it; the chapter is much easier if you rush out of the box you start in.

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Well I did something different from these guys.

I put Corrin in the right side of the wall in the middle with a dragonstone, with a few vulneraries. Behind him would be Odin. Because of where i put Corrin the enemies would skip the breakable wall.

I would buy a Bloom festal or two so Elise doesn't get to close to the enemies.

I typically have Nyx on the fire orb and have Azura dance for her so that I only need to send Selena to the left village and she can handle everything by herself.

I send effie and Arthur to the right so Effie gets the archers in range and Arthur can kill them.

Niles has typically gone to the ballista right below the starting point so everyone down there isn't overwhelmed.

It really all depends on your levels. Tonics will be great if your units are fragile such as Nyx with defense and such. I think i only used 2 tonics, those being HP for Effie and me. Luck plays a role here. Sometimes they have low hit rates and they get it. I hope you succeed friend!

Pretty sure he means to say stop choke-pointing, which is actually good advice as there is exactly one decent chokepoint here: left of the north-east ballista after the water drains away. Everything else needs to be repelled by killing it; the chapter is much easier if you rush out of the box you start in.

I can't speak for him but he said rout the map. There are three areas to guard which means you have to split your forces up, even if you do tank. But splitting them up puts them at risk if you decide to go guns akimbo especially with the range on the sky knights. The middle is a bit trickier, but the left and right are solid chokepoints. There is the bridge on the right which you can use to funnel units and Camilla as well as beruka can be used to attack the sky knights.

I found this to be the case too. It took several tries, but the strategy that worked best for me was sending the minimum number of units to the left and right that could hold those spots (Corrin to the right and Arthur/Selena to the left, both with tonic support), then having everyone else rush south to the middle of the map. I kept them there for most of the chapter, trying to kill everything that got close.

Effie was a godsend in this chapter, and she holds the middle section of the map well. I had her with Arthur and she had a her starting lance+javelin. Corrin also works for holding the chokepoint in the right as mentioned above.

Played on Hard, still won by choking the map. Had to reclass Mozu to Archer so she could man the ballista while Niles shot things down.

If Camilla (paired with Nyx) can tank arrows on Hard and ORKO archers, she can do it on Normal. You also have the Freeze staff, which is good for stopping an inconvenient target, but try not to spam it. Effie with a pocket Silas can tank a good portion of the map. Elise should be able to take one physical hit. If you can use all of these to your advantage, you can screw with the AI. You'll be in much better shape if your servant of choice has Live to Serve (by reaching level 5). IMO this one's easier with Jakob, as he hits harder.

What I did (without the tonics because I was dumb and forgot they existed):

Left Path: Sent Selena and Odin to the barricade with Nyx on the Flame Orb. Odin can cover anyone that attacks the barricade for a while. Have Azura is range of Nyx if you need more fire support from the turret.

Right Path: Sent Silas this way mostly to hold down the ballista so the enemy wouldn't get it. Sent Beruka to help weed out any non-archers after a while.

Center Path: Put Niles on ballista with Azura in range after the Left Path was cleared for the beginning. Effie covered the right gap while MU and Jakob covered the breakable spot. Once Camilla showed up, had her fly around the bottom right and slowly move to the left to clear out the fliers that arrive.

Overall just takes a lot of time.

You should defintily reclass Mozume to Bowman. She is murder in that class. Let her take the southern ballista.

Alternatively, you can instapromote Selena to Bow Knight with the Master Seal that you get for free in Chapter 10.

She can OHKO pegs with Bronze, ORKO mooks with Attack Stance, take a Ballista if she has time, has 8 move, and gives +3 Speed/+1 Move for other characters later so the seal isn't a complete waste.

I think the chokepoint for left side is here.

Vd2n74s.jpg