Forum for Fire Emblem Debates (Poll)

Jyosua

Fire Emblem Debate Forum Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should we create a forum specifically for Fire Emblem Debates?

• Yes
    • No

That's pretty much what you have to do to win a heated debate; make your opponent feel uneasy about his or her arguments. This may seem very unfriendly, when it in fact is not.

No, in debates you don't tell them they're wrong for having their opinion, you try to debunk their 'facts' to sway them to your side.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo we should do like smash boards

Mods and admins decide who can post in the board, you get in by showing maturity and ability to debate.

Then about no one on this site would get into it

*I mean about 99% when I stated that*

No, in debates you don't tell them they're wrong for having their opinion, you try to debunk their 'facts' to sway them to your side.

I said "when debating", which is definitely something else then telling people that they're wrong for having their opinion. That's also just a stupid thing to do. Everybody can have his or her own opinion, but in debates, then what I said does apply.

All I'm saying is that telling certain users their opinions are unwelcome except on a certain board seems like a pretty unfair thing to do.

This.

The point of debating is to find which character is better than another. If you think Character X is good, try to actually prove it logically. Of course, people still refuse to do so, and resort to attacks.

I'm totally against a Debate section.

Impossible, I can't recall any of your posts and that avatar is the only thing that's stood out to me.

Not sure is your kidding... I think you are

Anyways I'm against a debate section. If we stick to the usual ways but we tell people to stop debating with people who don't wanna debate, we're all fine.

That last posts was no joke. I seriously did not target any1 with that first comment you quoted. If that's not what you're referring to then call me clueless.

Because I keep making debate topics with polls... So I thought you were targeting me... so nevermind

I think it'd be better if there was just a Debate area, not just limited to Fire Emblem. And people would post little tags as to their topic.

EX: Marth is better than Ike (games)

Religion NO NO NO AND I FREAKING HATE THESE TOPICS (yes, this is me really saying it, not a mod)

Can't think of any other ideas at the moment >>

I wonder if it's time to bring this poll to a close...?

Anyway, it seems the results are more in favour of adding a debates board. However, it's still pretty close and judging from some comments, I'm actually more in favour of keeping things as they are right now. So...

I voted yes, since it seems that oftentimes when debates are brought up in a topic on a normal FE board, non-debaters start to go "oh no im not gonna debate, im outta here"...there's clearly folks out there that do want to debate, and they should be given a chance to without interruptions. I'm a huge fan of debating myself, but the art of it has died everywhere else.

I voted yes, since it seems that oftentimes when debates are brought up in a topic on a normal FE board, non-debaters start to go "oh no im not gonna debate, im outta here"...there's clearly folks out there that do want to debate, and they should be given a chance to without interruptions. I'm a huge fan of debating myself, but the art of it has died everywhere else.

This.

We also need top Inui to host this as well.

sure, why not? lol Jeff, you would be surprised at what he does. Anyway, I think he's too busy with brawl. Nor do I think he goes to this forum anyway.

Edited by Rei

Inui is too busy "becoming a top tier Brawl player" to play with us mortals...

Well he's the one who brought all the debating activity to start off with, if not him then who would be an Advisor(s) for the debate tournament if we were to have one here that is? Unless one of the top debaters would be willingly host it. <_<

I don't even think a debate tournament will attract enough attention here. If you want a debate tournament, perhaps host it yourself? I'm too busy the coming week(s) with school (10 tests in one week ftl).

Debate tournaments are bound to fail unless there's a huge want for it. Back when debating was actually alive at FEF, I would say only 30% of the matches were played out completely. I'm not exeggerating in the least. Imagine trying to start up a tournament now, in a community that seems to have a lot of members downright opposed to debate standards, in an age where Fire Emblem hype is much more down, and where 90% of the people who debated back then are completely gone.

He's go for FEP or FEFF, more than likely.

Those forums are less active than SF though. Especially FEFF...no one ever posts FE related stuff there anymore.