FE5 questions / eventual FE5 RR patch

Gradivus.

I was working on an FE5 Reverse recruitment patch (completed the notes already), but the nightmare version for FE5 seems to work really poorly. I tried to use the army editor, but I can't find anything that changes the recruitment order or the starting inventories/stats of the units. Can someone recommend me any tools that are needed to hack the game?

Here are some screenshot examples of the weird output nightmare gives if it's worth anything:

dKq9UpV.pngiSxCbmU.png

Edited by Gradivus.

There are a BUNCH of different Thracia ROM's, and nightmare only works with (coincidentally) the hardest to find one. Honestly I forget what version it works with, but it took me a long time to find the right one last time I wanted to play around with nightmare.

Just googled FE5 rom nightmare. An old SF thread showed up and said it's the NP version, which I found pretty quickly. It also displays the items right, nice.

Edited by Gradivus.

So I replaced Leaf with Galzus and now I can't seize with Galzus. Does anyone have an idea how to fix that?

Edited by Gradivus.

as a rule you don't replace characters by their character number, because you can't seize with a character that isn't the main character in any FE (FE4 being the only lazily-coded exception)

after all, galzus can't seize when you recruit him

I'm only assuming you tried to swap character numbers around (don't do that) but I don't recall that FE5 had seize be class-based (it's been a while) either way you should double-check

Edited by Lamia

Actually, in the GBA games, it's possible to hack someone into being able to seize by giving them an ability. Leaf doesn't seem to have anything of that sort though, his only listed Character Skill is Adept.

I tried seizing with Lord!Galzus and it (fortunately) didn't allow for the seize. Now I just made Leaf a myrmidon with a Galzus portrait and he could seize. Hopefully I'll find a way to change prfs on weapons, otherwise I'll just need to settle with fake!Galzus being able to use the Blaggi Sword while fake!Leaf can't.

Actually, in the GBA games, it's possible to hack someone into being able to seize by giving them an ability. Leaf doesn't seem to have anything of that sort though, his only listed Character Skill is Adept.

I tried seizing with Lord!Galzus and it (fortunately) didn't allow for the seize. Now I just made Leaf a myrmidon with a Galzus portrait and he could seize. Hopefully I'll find a way to change prfs on weapons, otherwise I'll just need to settle with fake!Galzus being able to use the Blaggi Sword while fake!Leaf can't.

well yeah of course it's possible to hack pretty much anything into a game, I was speaking in vanilla terms

also the item editor should have a personal weapon pointer

just make sure you don't mess with character numbers like that since there will be event problems otherwise, swapping the name and portrait pointers is a quick and easy solution

Edited by Lamia