What is your "Canon" pairings?

FestiveOverture

stop kinkshaming me thane gosh

Honestly the support doesn't really get coddlish until around A rank if I remember right. Up until them it's more like Takumi saying he doesn't entirely trust Camilla and her reaction is along the lines of "oh." I think the S support barely has any, so that helps.

By making other pairings look bad, my inexplicable interest in Velour will seem less weird in comparison, that's my master plan.

But the whole helping him cut his food or whatever it was; it's just...the guy's older than five.

Same really but in this case it kinda makes sense.

Takumi is a brat who needs constant affection and positive reinforcement while Camilia needs a sink for her overabundant tits nourishing nature.

Isn't Camilla like, emotionally crippled and one step away from curling up in a ball and start rocking to and fro before dressing everyone up like Corrin? I sort of feel like that kind of person isn't what an insecure brat needs.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always felt the opposite with Takumi. I always felt like he had to be the one to take care of someone. Like, he had to feel like he is the one that is in control. Hence, why I kind of ship him with Setsuna. In the S-rank, she goes hunting and tries to better herself to impress Takumi and Takumi is looking out for her and protecting her. I feel like Takumi gets his importance--for lack of a better word--from being able to guide another and feeling like he is someone. He gets his positive reinforcement from being useful to another. Like, its why I love his support with Kiragi (and I like Kiragi with teal hair).

That's just me, though.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

By making other pairings look bad, my inexplicable interest in Velour will seem less weird in comparison, that's my master plan.

But the whole helping him cut his food or whatever it was; it's just...the guy's older than five.

Yeah I'll admit that was probably a bit much, but otherwise I liked the support. Therefore they are marriage.

bruh its okay we can all have something that isn't great that we like as long as we admit it isn't the greatest or we just like it "because" after all i enjoy having soleil as a daughter, you're not worse off then i am

I always felt the opposite with Takumi. I always felt like he had to be the one to take care of someone. Like, he had to feel like he is the one that is in control. Hence, why I kind of ship him with Setsuna. In the S-rank, she goes hunting and tries to better herself to impress Takumi and Takumi is looking out for her and protecting her. I feel like Takumi gets his importance--for lack of a better word--from being able to guide another and feeling like he is someone. Like, its why I love his support with Kiragi (and I like Kiragi with teal hair).

That's just me, though.

Isn't the thing about relationships that you're two equal individuals who love one another? I mean, I get that every couple is different, but I wouldn't want there to be some kind of unequal standing in my relationship; it's one thing to help each other out and another entirely to be one who's constantly looking after the other.

...I feel like I'm going too far in describing what I'm not looking for in a relationship here.

Yeah I'll admit that was probably a bit much, but otherwise I liked the support. Therefore they are marriage.

Dude I've seen that quote all over the Fire Emblem community now, where is it from?

There are a lot of good choices here... (Note that I still haven't done Revelations yet, so probably not much in the cross-kingdom category.)

M!Avatar x Azura (Come on, it's almost as pushed as Lucina or Chrom in Awakening)

F!Avatar x Silas (The classic childhood friend trope)

F!Avatar x Xander (I support this pairing.)

Odin x Selena (It's a wonderful support conversation, and saves some problems when returning home. It especially heartwarming if you consider their interactions in Awakening.)

Odin x Elise (Elise is adorable and her supporting Odin is amazing. Also, Ophelia Lissa!)

Laslow x Azura (Both are dancers in their own right. I also think Azura may have some understanding when the time comes...)

Laslow x Mozu (Mozu practically has amazing supports across the board, and Laslow's is no exception)

Kaze x Elise (Hide and Seek buddies.)

Kaze x Sakura (Doll buddies.)

Arthur x Beruka (Beruka can use some positivity in her life. Educate her in the Nohrian way, with Justice!)

Arthur x Azura (Past history. Little boy of Justice!)

Takumi x Obroro (A classic pairing that has been discussed many times before.)

Takumi x Hana (Shared history and overcoming a small hurdle.)

Camilla x Silas (Both harbored thoughts for one another, despite the rough supports before)

Xander x Mozu (Mozu is still amazing with her support with Xander.)

Benny x Charlotte (A natural support pairing)

Ryoma x Scarlet (I keep hearing about this paring, and the more I look into it, the more I wish it was a thing. I even used both of them together when I was doing Birthright!)

Jakob x Flora (Hopefully Flora may be able to achieve her happy ending, and perhaps even cool down Jakob a bit...)

Felicia x Niles (Niles can use an angel in his life, and Felicia serves exactly that.)

Hinoka x Kaden (Pegasus Grooming 101)

Saizo x Kagero (Ninja Reunion!)

Edited by Sire

Isn't Camilla like, emotionally crippled and is one step away from curling up in a ball and start rocking to and fro before dressing everyone up like Corrin? I sort of feel like that kind of person isn't what an insecure brat needs.

She actually has a reason for her overly affectionate outbursts at Corin and is self aware of how she is and her "overly loving" nature to her allies + absolute cruelty to enemies thing is a conscious choice on her part rather than an actual emotional crutch, the whole harem wars thing completely ruined her childhood and she never actually got the love and shelter she wanted as a kid so she's actively trying to provide that for...everyone without ever having known in first hand so yeah it comes out exaggerated and twisted at times. Cammy is a pretty good character once you get past the fanservice.

Kinda like Arthur isn't actually a madman in a suit, just a guy trying to make the world a better place, and Odin is less spastic idiot more unshakable rock for his daughter friends and family (He's still a complete nerd)

Edited by joshcja

Isn't the thing about relationships that you're two equal individuals who love one another? I mean, I get that every couple is different, but I wouldn't want there to be some kind of unequal standing in my relationship; it's one thing to help each other out and another entirely to be one who's constantly looking after the other.

...I feel like I'm going too far in describing what I'm not looking for in a relationship here.

I feel like a relationship is having two people who can support each other's weaknesses. That is a functional relationship to me (not counting other obvious elements). When I can't do something, my partner can help me with it. When my partner needs help with something they can't do, I will be there to help pick up the slack and be with them.

In terms of my Setsuna x Takumi pairing, Takumi, from my point of view, seems to be some who needs validation. He needs to feel useful and that he is worth something. Setsuna is a person that always has her head in the clouds; she needs another person that is grounded. I mean, there are more who can do the job but I'm terrible at explaining things.

There needs to be love but there also needs to be something in each person that fulfills the other.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I have to go with Takumi/Oboro as my only "canon" pairing. He interacts with her so much differently than the rest of his possible romantic partners (and even as a retainer, he and Hinata don't even have a fast support), it shows a level of trust that he clearly doesn't have with anyone else -- not even his own siblings. And I think that is what's most important in a relationship.

A lot of his other romantic supports read as "forced" to me, while his and Oboro's just flowed very naturally all the way to the S. I can even see him reciprocating her crush before the S, which is a major bonus since unlike a certain someone (looks at Chrom) he wasn't blind to Oboro's crush -- which isn't anywhere near as obvious as Cordelia's, so that's saying something about him. Funny ships are nice, but in all seriousness I'd prefer something that feels more reciprocative and sweet.

(Not related to just Takumi/Oboro or anything, but I absolutely despise the idea that one person in the relationship HAS to feel like they're the one in control. HAS to be the one who is the stronger one, the dependable one, who needs to protect their partner. That is not equal. That's just bullshit. And I can't get into any relationships that suggest that, I'm sorry. Equal or no.)

Edited by Sunwoo

Oh lord, I wasn't trying to insinuate something about relationships or anything. Let me just shut up now before everyone thinks I have some kind of psychological problems in terms of relationships or something.

I like Setsuna x Takumi because I think Kiragi looks cool with teal-colored hair. There. Nothing else.

Dude I've seen that quote all over the Fire Emblem community now, where is it from?

From the heart.

I guess to answer OP's question besides who I just paired up it probably would be Takumi x Oboro. It shows good characteristics on Takumi's part. As prickly as he can be he looks out for friends and he really didn't -have- to get Oboro that job after the war, yet he did. She's the Catria archtype (personality/crush based wise) that did it properly. The only other times she mentions Takumi and her crush with him (that I can remember) is with Hinata. More then I can say for Cordelia.

It's just a part of my own personal thing I do Takumi x Camilla and Niles x Oboro I guess.

won't split elise and ryoma though nope

Oh lord, I wasn't trying to insinuate something about relationships or anything. Let me just shut up now before everyone thinks I have some kind of psychological problems in terms of relationships or something.

I like Setsuna x Takumi because I think Kiragi looks cool with teal-colored hair. There. Nothing else.

I can't even see your posts normally. I was responding to Thane's response to your posts by what my stance on what his reply is.

I can't even see your posts normally. I was responding to Thane's response to your posts by what my stance on what his reply is.

Still. Apparently I'm suffering from Foot-on-Keyboard syndrome, the brother of Foot-in-Mouth.

Attempting to put real-life relationship views in regards to fictional characters is bound to end in disaster. So, like I said, I'll just shut my mouth and insert a nice "Niles x Arthur is Factually Canon" right here.

She actually has a reason for her overly affectionate outbursts at Corin and is self aware of how she is and her "overly loving" nature to her allies + absolute cruelty to enemies thing is a conscious choice on her part rather than an actual emotional crutch, the whole harem wars thing completely ruined her childhood and she never actually got the love and shelter she wanted as a kid so she's actively trying to provide that for...everyone without ever having known in first hand so yeah it comes out exaggerated and twisted at times. Cammy is a pretty good character once you get past the fanservice.

So you're telling me I have to look past the fan service, go through optional supports - many of which are only about Corrin anyway - to find out that she's had a tragic backstory that's supposed to explain the way she acts?

I'll pass, thanks.

I feel like a relationship is having two people who can support each other's weaknesses. That is a functional relationship to me (not counting other obvious elements). When I can't do something, my partner can help me with it. When my partner needs help with something they can't do, I will be there to help pick up the slack and be with them.

In terms of my Setsuna x Takumi pairing, Takumi, from my point of view, seems to be some who needs validation. He needs to feel useful and that he is worth something. Setsuna is a person that always has her head in the clouds; she needs another person that is grounded. I mean, there are more who can do the job but I'm terrible at explaining things.

There needs to be love but there also needs to be something in each person that fulfills the other.

Yeah but if you ask me, the relationship professor of Serenes obviously, Camilla won't fulfill any of that; she's hardly a functioning person herself. Why would Takumi need to be doted? Wouldn't that just lead to co-dependency issues? I think some tough love from Oboro, if anything, would straight that out, not a person who's so desperate to bone her own sibling that her entire life seems to revolve around that fact.

Yeah but if you ask me, the relationship professor of Serenes obviously, Camilla won't fulfill any of that; she's hardly a functioning person herself. Why would Takumi need to be doted? Wouldn't that just lead to co-dependency issues? I think some tough love from Oboro, if anything, would straight that out, not a person who's so desperate to bone her own sibling that her entire life seems to revolve around that fact.

I wasn't advocating Camilla, I was doing the opposite! LOL. I stick her ass with Jakob.

Oboro is awesome but I had already paired her with Silas so I had to put Takumi with someone. Hence, Setsuna and the teal-haired Kiragi. Plus, I thought their Child!Mother support was cute with oblivious, ditzy Setsuna attempting to get someone else to study. And I thought it was funny when Oboro was laughing at Sophie.

To be fair to Sai, they're not the one who ships Camilla x Takumi. That'd be me. hah....

I wasn't advocating Camilla, I was doing the opposite! LOL. I stick her ass with Jakob.

Oboro is awesome but I had already paired her with Silas so I had to put Takumi with someone. Hence, Setsuna and the teal-haired Kiragi. Plus, I thought their Child!Mother support was cute with oblivious, ditzy Setsuna attempting to get someone else to study. And I thought it was funny when Oboro was laughing at Sophie.

To be fair to Sai, they're not the one who ships Camilla x Takumi. That'd be me. hah....

Oh, my bad ladies, I apologize. I have a few conversations going. Maybe I should take a break from my internet negativity and fictional character love advice and grab something to eat instead.

Takumi and Oboro. Its the new ChromxSumia

Camilla and Keaton. It's like puppy love.

Jakob and Sakura. Cause I needed "Live to Serve" on Sakura and this support was just cute.

FCorrin and Silas. Although I'd prefer Silas as the gay option rather than Niles...

F!Corrin/Azura

M!Corrin/Niles
Xander/Ryoma
Leo/Takumi
Camilla/Hinoka
Elise/Sakura

And that's about as hard as I've thought of ships. I honestly, legitimately cannot get invested in straight ones. Not my cup of tea, I guess.

Ah, I see. I don't know, it's just a pet peeve of mine; I get incredibly uncomfortable when characters (or even people in *gasp* the real world) are overly doting. It's one of the reasons why I can't stand Camilla as a character at all, although of course it's not the only reason.

I kind of like it because it's one of the few supports Camilla has where Corrin is never mentioned and unlike Keaton, Camilla doesn't act like she'd rather be somewhere else the entire time. She actually does seem genuinely fond Takumi, who in turn doesn't strike me so much as uncomfortable as he is just flustered that an attractive, older woman is giving him a lot of attention. I think that means a lot to him since his older siblings don't pay much attention to him, and he really does seem to want somebody who is present and who visibly cares about him. The support itself could be better, though it's not bad or anything.

I also like Saizo with a lot of people (Orochi, Kagero, Charlotte, Beruka). Not really big on shipping though.

Edited by Dark Sage

Oh, my bad ladies, I apologize. I have a few conversations going. Maybe I should take a break from my internet negativity and fictional character love advice and grab something to eat instead.

Let the negativity feed you. Let it well up inside of you until you become it - an entire thing of negativity.

To break off on who should marry who: Takumi edition

I forgot Azama x Effie. It's so good.

You know who ships Takumi x Camilla? Gigideegee.

oh god yes

I suppose I might as well post my other canon pairings. They're Conquest only though.

Me x Niles (I don't like default M!Corrin and Niles since M!Corrin is a stupid little shit and I want Niles ll to myself and if I could I would re-write the stuff Corrin does and says in Conquest to fit me)

Jakob x Azura (One of Jakob's better supports where he is not a dick and they both sympathies with each other)

Silas x Camilla (Cause their A rank)

Kaze x Selena (Am I the only one who thinks Kaze would like to get the hell outta doge after betraying his country and killing his brother?)

Xander x Effie (I dunno)

Leo x Nyx (They are cute together, plus Sakura is not here so I can't ship them)

Benny x Beruka (She will protect Benny bear)

Keaton x Elise (I imagine it would be really cute and Velouria would be very protective of both her parents)

Arthur x Felicia (Other then with Setsuna, best super hero team ever)

Odin x Charlotte (I like their supports. They are hilarious XD. Also just imagine how crit-tastic Ophelia could be)

Laslow x Peri (Lassy has daddy issues (His dad in my canon is Henry), and thus he has a thing for psychopaths! But also they have genuinely nice supports)

Edited by Azz

You mean besides the impossible Ryoma/Xander, Ryoma/Scarlet, and Leo/Takumi? Okay.

Most of mine are just Relevation pairings, because let's face it, that route is canon.

M!Corrin x Flora (I always really liked Flora, and I really like how she isn't defined by a trope.... also I can get all the children)

M!Corrin x Azura (Kinda because it's pretty much canon)

F!Corrin x Silas (The childhood friendship thing is too damn adorable and tempting)

Azura x Kaze (...Inexplicable bias that originates pre-release. Also Shigure and Midori end up ridiculously fast and I want that)

Xander x Hinoka (I actually really like this? I wanted a Nohr royal + Hoshido royal, and this is really the only one I both liked and felt comfortable with the age difference)

Ryoma x Camilla (The support is really awful, but dammit family parallels will exist. THEY WILL. Headcanoning fixes everything)

Leo x Nyx (I just really like it, also Forrest with Nyx's hair looks really nice!)

Takumi x Oboro (Self-explanatory at this point)

Elise x Odin (Elise using Odin's verbiage is absolutely adorable. Also it fits with the family parallels down the line...)

Sakura x Hayato (Literally the only pairing I feel comfortable doing Sakura with. Also they share candy and that's sweet)

Laslow x Peri (The one of the only pairings where Peri doesn't seem like she ends up still a psychopath. Also Laslow must marry the crazy one in both Awakening and Fates)

Saizo x Beruka (Dat C-rank tho No seriously, it's fitting that the two assassins get together. Also considering I'm pairing their lieges, it feels more fitting. Also because Asugi and Beruka both have a headband. It's stupid, but it's a reason)

Kagero x Jakob (Jakob's still a jerk in this but not as much as in his others. Also I must have black-haired Dwyer. It's fitting)

Selena x Subaki (To make everything go full circle)

Azama x Effie (Pretty much Azama's only good support)

Setsuna x Niles (...I needed pairings. Also Nina gets Bowfaire and the Archer branch, and that alone gives the pairing all my yes)

Hinata x Hana (Look above. Also I guess I think it's kinda cute? They train together and it seems like they have good chemistry)

Arthur x Mozu (Sir Justice deserves a nice quiet home life on the farm once everything is over)

Kaden x Felicia (OH MY GOD THEY CARE FOR A CAT TOGETHER AND AHHHHH)

Keaton x Charlotte (I want a high strength Velouria for the lolz)

Benny x Rinkah (Two isolationists get together. Also Rinkah doesn't screw over a child's stats)

Reina x Yukimura (Because it seems really fitting? I know it can't actually happen in game, but both of them seem around similar age and both served as Mikoto's retainers)

Weirdly enough, Keaton x Elise was one of my least favorite supports. Ah, well, different strokes and all. My list is pretty short because of reasons. . . :P:

Jakob x Azura - Jakob's not an ass, and Azura isn't out in space. First support I wholeheartedly approved of.

Keaton x Mozu - How do you become a couple? By doing shit together. Like these two.

Niles x Nyx - Niles can have his cake and eat it. Nyx can have a guy that talks as dirty as she likes.

Saizou x Sakura - For once, Saizou wasn't being a creep, and Sakura got to be her usual kind self.

Kiragi x Midori - When you get two generally positive people together, it usually ends well.

Hisame x Sophie - Hisame is surprisingly patient in this one.

Saizou x Sakura - For once, Saizou wasn't being a creep, and Sakura got to be her usual kind self.

Saizo is a creep? I'm guessing this is based on his Corrin supports, which are admittedly rapetastic early on but in all his other options, he's just kind of grumpy and prickly.

His support with Sakura is good though, I agree.