Making a Merchant Corrin

CynicalCrit

So being still inexperience with how to optimize char in fire emblem, i like to know what boon bane, skill, etc.. will benefit the most for the merchant class as Corrin. Im aware that this wont allow me to use the yato but i can live with that, since theres quite a bit of sword user in the group anyway. That and well i just love how adorable Corrin look walking with a big bag around town.

Kinda related but is it possible to make Corrin play a more defensive playstyle by giving skills such as seal speed and negating double attack? Sorry if its sound vagueish as Im still not comfortable with the games as a whole.

Also FYI this is going to be on a playthrough in revelation on lunatic classic. Why? Cause i guess im a dumbass.

Merchant will be a huge help in Lunatic, because free gold! Also, you're not dumb, and this is an amazing question.

Anyway, this depends on which skills you want to rely on. . .

Damage - +Str, not much to say here

Gimmicks - +Luk, will explain in a bit

Tanking - +Def or +Res, whichever one floats your boat

For straight damage, the usual flaw is -Def, because the mods work out to something decent. For the gimmick build, you don't want to hit your offensive parameters, so I'd go with something like -Res. For tanking, go -Spd, because Wary Fighter exists.

Assuming you want damage, figure out your weapon of choice, then get the Archer/Spear Fighter class into your Friendship Seal pool and grab the appropriate -faire (that's whichever of Takumi/Setsuna/Oboro/Shiro are the same gender as you). The other three skills (you ARE keeping Dragon Fang, right?) are based upon what you think is awesome/what the rest of your team needs, and you can get those on your own.

For the gimmick build, you're going to abuse Profiteer/Spendthrift for funny OHKOs. . .but be careful, because you die in two hits. . .if you're lucky. The skills I'd run are Life or Death, whatever -faire you specialize in, Quixotic, Spendthrift, and Quick Draw/Certain Blow (depending on your opponents). Stock up on Gold Bars before hand, and fish one out of storage every time you attack. You'll do something like an extra 25 damage per hit, but due to the way Life or Death works, you will wilt if the opponent gets to hit you back.

For the tank build, you'll want a pair-up partner, and Wary Fighter and Nohrian Trust. Your pair-up partner will run Luna/Rend Heaven/Pavise/Aegis/Miracle. The other three skills depend on what you want to hit. I'd do something like Dragonic Hex, Savage Blow, and Poison Strike, so that every time you engage in battle, you do 40% more damage to your opponent, and hit all of their stats. I'd specialize in lances, and keep a Guard Naginata armed at all times.

It was fun looking up stuff for this build, because I rarely make tanks. I might experiment with a tanky someone-or-other once I get to my second playthrough of Revelations~!

I agree with a lot of what eclipse said, and Merchant seems like a very fun class, imo its in there with Great Master and Smith for underused cool classes (imo)

Wouldn't you want Sol/Aether for the tank build's pair up slave though?

Merchant's pretty cool because of that Profiteer skill. If you're running a female Avatar that uses the Merchant class as her final class, you can try running the following skills:

Hoshidan Unity: +10% to skill activation rates

Profiteer: free gold during the first 7 turns!

Salvage Blow: kill enemy units during player phase to score free iron Hoshidan weapons!

Witch's Brew (DLC): free potion items such as vulneraries and concoctions during the first 7 turns!

You can see the theme here. For better activation rates, you could have Luck boon for such a setup but that's up to you.

The last skill slot can be Nohrian Trust if female Avatar is backed up by a unit that is equipped several skills like Luna, Rend Heaven, Astra, Ignis, Dragon Fang, Pavise, Aegis, or Aether.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Wouldn't you want Sol/Aether for the tank build's pair up slave though?

I-I didn't completely forget about the existence of Sol, I swear! :P:

I guess Sol/Luna would work. Aether's proc rate is too low IMO.

Edited by eclipse

Thanks for the great info. These builds all sound good and heck, the gimmick build seems very intriguing! Although being risked in bring killed in one round isnt very tempting since it will be on classic lunatic haha, already got the likes of Ophelia to worry not getting horribly murdered.

Ill probably make a tanky Corrin as it seem this fire emblem makes variety build nice even if not most optimal. does make me sad that i cant fully take advantage of the merchant gimmick but that will be for another playthrough.

Thanks for the great info. These builds all sound good and heck, the gimmick build seems very intriguing! Although being risked in bring killed in one round isnt very tempting since it will be on classic lunatic haha, already got the likes of Ophelia to worry not getting horribly murdered.

Ill probably make a tanky Corrin as it seem this fire emblem makes variety build nice even if not most optimal. does make me sad that i cant fully take advantage of the merchant gimmick but that will be for another playthrough.

Nohrian Trust, to some extent, can let you play 2 different skill builds at once -- that is, if you don't mind having Corrin's support unit being a skillbot (the skillbot unit would be running the proc skills needed for a tank Corrin like Pavise, Aegis, Miracle, Aether, and Sol).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Nohrian Trust, to some extent, can let you play 2 different skill builds at once -- that is, if you don't mind having Corrin's support unit being a skillbot (the skillbot unit would be running the proc skills needed for a tank Corrin like Pavise, Aegis, Miracle, Aether, and Sol).

Ill most likely juse use them as a skill bot, bit unfortunate when unit are relegated to potion duty or what not but it happens. Does help that Merchant can use bow so there will be decent option on what to use (just gonna be hard to see a bow that doesnt double people).

That does bring up a question ive been contemplating, which pairing would be good for F Corrin? Ill most likely just pair people on this playthrough on the goal of min maxing since ive done my "casual" runs of all three route.

Edit: Also when is it a good time to reclass units? I mostly assume when you gotten or need the skill of this or that class but there be cases where you want to reclass them asap because of stats growth such as turning various character into dread fighter from what ive read here.

Edited by CynicalCrit

I suggest pairing up with Siegbert, since he's not that hot as a frontline unit, but his personal skill gives you +2 Atk. Siegbert also gives good Luck bonuses to his partner, so thats always a plus. Likewise Jakob or Gunther also works for similar reasons (plus people usually give Siegbert to fellow Merchant Midori).