Magic weapons and Skills

omegalord92

I've been curious about this for a while but on magic weapons it says they don't proc offensive skills what does this usually refer to? I would assume its just proc skills but I've read otherwise. If i were to do pairings like Orochi!Asugi would it then just be better to change his class from Ninja/Samurai line into Diviner or what would I do in this scenario? As well as what proc builds would you normally go for assuming Life or Death/Vantage/Rend Heaven/Astra or Sol/-faire skill or another proc skill is a thing?

Edited by omegalord92

In reference to offensive skills like Astra, Sol, Luna, Rend Heaven, etc. Regarding the Hoshidan kid, I don't know exactly, if you want to make him magic oriented it is better to choose a magic class, but Master Ninja is still a good choice. You can combo Life and Death, Vantage, Astra, Rend Heaven and Quixotic/Shuriken or Tomefaire.

But wouldnt some of those skills not proc with Flame Shuriken, i assumed that would be the end game weapon for an Asugi with a magical mother? Life + Death/Vantage/-faire I can see working but the other two skills I'm not too sure.

Edited by omegalord92

Mmm Felicia's Tray seems kinda weak but would allow me to do Lethality which might be nice. How would a skillset of say Vantage/Life or Death/Shurikenfaire/Darting Blow or Quixotic/Axebreaker or Lethality do? Since I would assume Rend Heaven does not work with Explosive Shuriken that would have optimally have probably been my last slot if it worked with the Shuriken.

If you're doing Life or Death, I'd go with Axebreaker. Darting Blow is overkill with a ninja's speed, IMO, and Quixotic means that you're 30% more likely to accrue the two hits necessary to kill you. Since Lethality is a proc skill, you can put Rend Heaven in that slot. . .BUT if you're going magical Asugi, you're better off with Ignis (since it's now obtainable via DLC and some patience). I'd stick Duelist's Blow on there, just so that you don't have to worry about being hit during your turn. You can also do Quick Draw/Certain Blow, if you want damage/accuracy. Thus, the skill set would look something like this:

Life or Death/Vantage/Shurikenfaire/Axebreaker or Ignis/Duelist's Blow or Quick Draw or Certain Blow

If you're doing Life or Death, I'd go with Axebreaker. Darting Blow is overkill with a ninja's speed, IMO, and Quixotic means that you're 30% more likely to accrue the two hits necessary to kill you. Since Lethality is a proc skill, you can put Rend Heaven in that slot. . .BUT if you're going magical Asugi, you're better off with Ignis (since it's now obtainable via DLC and some patience). I'd stick Duelist's Blow on there, just so that you don't have to worry about being hit during your turn. You can also do Quick Draw/Certain Blow, if you want damage/accuracy. Thus, the skill set would look something like this:

Life or Death/Vantage/Shurikenfaire/Axebreaker or Ignis/Duelist's Blow or Quick Draw or Certain Blow

Oh I mean im open to other builds thats just what I came up with, due to how I figure with all his options if he were to just use an Explosive Shuriken I would figure thats the best he can do. I did not know however that Ignis works with the Shuriken too which is pretty interesting.

Oh I mean im open to other builds thats just what I came up with, due to how I figure with all his options if he were to just use an Explosive Shuriken I would figure thats the best he can do. I did not know however that Ignis works with the Shuriken too which is pretty interesting.

With how my castle/friend seals/partner seals your options are literally anything thats not straight up impossible(Read: Illegal) like Gender specific DLC skills on the opposite gender/Aptitude/enemy only

Ignis is a battle skill, so as long as the weapon doesn't forbid skills activating (like Javelins), it should work. For example, the Flame Shuriken says "no special skills". Felicia's Plate doesn't.

Edited by eclipse