FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Final battle quotes oh uhh lol I hadn't even considered those but what the heck sure if you want one you can specify it or I'll pull/write one based on other dialogue.

Ah, final battle quotes! I completely forgot about those. I don't think Awakening did anything too special with them, so they completely slipped my mind.

Anyway, here's what I have in mind:

Stephan: "I've met a lot of new friends on this strange journey, but I'd like to return to my homeland now. And if beating you is the only way to do that, then so be it! We've come this far and I'm not about to let my new friends down now!"

Up to you if you have the final boss respond or not.

EDIT: Also, do you need me to make Stephan's battle sprite... somehow? Earlier I said just give him a black and grey pallet matching his portrait, but I'm not sure if you already have it.

Edited by Power Master

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, can do @havoc, though to have him just pop in for one turn then leave with one bow use left, it's kinda weird that when you find him again several chapters later he still has that one shot, and also for the player to notice that he has one shot he'd have to exist on the map for at least a turn but then it's possible an enemy will attack him and he'll use his one shot then later he gets it back?

does the critical boost only affect him or both units?

Don't know how the maps work, but I envisioned he shows up too far away for enemies to hit, possibly not even for an enemy phase to occur, but if it makes sense to give him a full bow, than reduce that to single shot in his recruitment chapter, than do it. I didn't think about the crit boost working that way, but game theory usually assumes an even playing field, so his boost would affect his opponent as well. He might want a bit of extra LCK than, to keep him from being a complete liability

And, as long as I am posting, for final battle quotes:

Havoc: Life has no prize for runner-up! Let's go!

Fenix: ...Only I can escape death.

Edited by StWalker

Yeah making him start off a bit more armed but determines the situation wouldn't be zero-sum anyway so leaves, then in a later chapter you find him in the more dire situation.

10% crit isn't really so big as to be much worry unless the enemy has a killer bow or something, in which case they're a worry anyway.

EDIT: @stephan battle sprite, do you want something other than a repaletted mercenary/hero? That's kind of the default, but I can do other things if you want.

Edited by 47948201

Zero: ...You killed me. Made me less than I was as a soul floating in the ether. I am complete now, but as punishment, I shall make nothing out of you!

Blanc: As long as monstrosities like yourself still stand, I cannot rest. Prepare yourself for Hell, devil, for your soul shall never see an empty shell again!

Gris: Normally, I would delight in looking at your magical apparatus and research. But violating the wheel of life by taking souls and stuffing them in fake bodies... Even I have limits!

Noir: You make a mockery of the dark arts. Desecrating newborn souls is something that should never be done. How would you like your soul ripped out out of Heaven? Oh, wait. You aren't going there.

Loup: GRRRRR....

AWWWWWWOOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!!

Igzerd (ADD TO UNIT LIST!!!!): Normally, death in combat is a great honor. But your soul is as black as obsidian. Your soul shall burn for all eternity!

Edited by Corrobin

EDIT: @stephan battle sprite, do you want something other than a repaletted mercenary/hero? That's kind of the default, but I can do other things if you want.

A repalleted merc is fine. Trying to get Stephan's look animated would probably be way too much work for anyone to do, atm :)

Okay, new unit!

Name: Ana

Mug: [http://i.imgur.com/itkJ31O.png]

Credit to Leviathan64 on the open souce gallery

Affinity: Dark

Class: Mage

Promotion: Mage Knight

Base Items:

Wind

Bolting

Concoction

Jointime: Midgame

Stats:

Lvl. 15

HP: 26

MAG: 15

SKL: 14

SPD: 17

LCK: 20

DEF: 16

RES: 10

CON: 13

Growths:

HP: 50%

MAG: 55%

SPD: 50%

LCK: 20%

DEF: 60%

RES: 35%

Con gained by promotion: 4

R-Button info: A girl interested in magic.

Lvl up quotes:

0-1:

At least I gained some experience

2-3:

Great!

4-5:

YES!

6-7:

This is the best day EVER!

How they are recruited:

Auto-join at end of chapter.

Death quote:
At least I did... my best...

Final boss quotes:

Rye: ...It is the end...

...No more holding back! I'll give it my all!

Flute: With my music, I shall help my allies defeat you!

Ana: You're going down, scumbag!

Oh cool I was looking at that mug but didn't know what to do with it, now I do c:

I will say a couple things, first, I can't guarantee the existence of Wind, does Aircalibur work? Second, wow, 13 constitution going on 17? That's, like, the second-most in the game lol

I can do it if you want but I just wanted to make sure you know what you're doing with that, like if she's actually some secret dragon race or whatever

*adds @both*

So I made some talking frames for Cartwright with what little I remember of a tutorial I can't find.

Half:

cce26hv.png

Full:

nDJSyzo.png

I'm bad at formatting box stuff so I just posted the full faces. I'll make talks for my other characters soon then move on to blinks.

EDIT:

Half:

W7toSU9.png

Full:

q75nmIg.png

EDIT2:

Half:

fWaVkYR.png

Full:

YPIiPVA.png

Edited by DuwaShuwana

I'm bad at formatting box stuff so I just posted the full faces.

BPam6OP.png

the boxes are simple if explained well (and i'm going to try)

i'm not actually sure if they're incremented by 4 or by 8, but for both the eye and mouth frames they're 32x16 boxes, the corners of which must start on proper increments

{{checked some mugshots: it can be incremented by 4 or 8, for example 24x32 is a valid start point}}

e.g. if incrementing by 4, the top-left pixel can be (0,0), (12,0), (20,0), (12,16) etc-- what I used here for the eye frames was (24,24) since I didn't know if multiples of 4 are valid.

then the mouth frames follow the same set of rules, just with more frames-- including an alternate mouth-set on the top of the box (usually smiling frames).

[watch, i'm going to come back to this and edit it saying it's all terrible once i've gotten in a different thoughtrain for any amount of time...]

Crossbows are uncertain. The main thing is, I don't know if I'll be allowed to use the crossbowman sprite. Which is unfortunate and limiting and stuff but uhhh you can make an archer and lore it to supposedly use crossbows or something if you want (with a personal skill and stuff)

Crossbows are uncertain. The main thing is, I don't know if I'll be allowed to use the crossbowman sprite. Which is unfortunate and limiting and stuff but uhhh you can make an archer and lore it to supposedly use crossbows or something if you want (with a personal skill and stuff)

Hmm thank you for the info, I was going to include 3 other faces of as I like to call it as a joke Wilhelm's Rangers I just have to edit some things on the one person then I'll post them tomorrow

Though would it still be possible to have a coding to mark out the differences in code for a crossbow lore weapon or no? Like if there is a check that can be done for certain weapons for a skill to activate?

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

Tribal Drumming is Igzerd's personal skill.

Also, add Xird to the boss list.

If anyone would like to make monster portraits (Loup, Blinky and Igzerd) step right up!

The way Yeti handles crossbows is just that crossbowmen all have a skill that makes their bows behave differently: I think they have multipled might and 1-2 range but the user's strength is used for AS calculation instead of damage or something. All of which I can do.

Xird will go on the boss list when he has a portrait. Having dialogue, Igzerd wants a portrait the most--Loup and Blinky can feasibly use modified monster cards for their images if nobody wants to make those. ...Though, come to think of it... Okay, I might have an idea, but that's the general priority order--obviously everyone wants portraits, but the difficulty of doing monster portraits makes Igzerd (and Xird who will basically be an edit of the same sprite) the most important there

Okay!

Blanc, Gris and Noir are fraternal triplets.

We also need class skills for Wolf, Mogall and Gargoyle + promotions.

Skill: Quick Draw- When attacked by an enemy, this unit gets to choose which weapon to attack with.

Got the names, but not the ideas for monster class skills.

Wolf- Wild Fury

Great Wolf- Moon Howl

Mogall- Intimidating Stare

Mogall+ (forgot name)- Gorgon Gaze

Gargoyle- Demon Seal

Deathgoyle- Reaping Slash

Added some monster skills. Gorgon Gaze sounds weird to give to something in the Mogall family since Gorgons are their own class...

Quick Draw is kind of a better Anticipation, but it'll slow down enemy phase and more importantly sounds like too much to code

EDIT: and then klok happened and there's a new skill sheet with some new skills, new names, and generally better formatting. I'm keeping the old one too though, just in case. If you see something you don't like--or something you do, well, '3'

Edited by 47948201

Ooo, shiny.

Can you reword Bloodthirst on -Red-Arulle? It's somewhat confusing.

Edit: Maybe reword it to "Adds damage per enemy unit in 2 tiles range."?

Edited by Fateborn

Right time to make those characters, spoilers because length

NAME: Jurgen
CLASS: Archer ( crossbowman if possible)
RECRUITMENT: Same time as Katherine
BIO: A conscript from a small village most units would not take him due to his own stench, and mages losing all sanity near him. Eventually he was put under Wilhelm's command at the request of Wilhelm as his own ability of getting mages away intrigued the officer to include him in his own unit, this has caused no more than there to be 5 members of his unit as most recruits are driven away by the stench he gives off.
WEAPONS: Crossbows A, Promotion gives Bows A Crossbows S (If possible)
BASES:
Level 9
HP: average
STR: Medium
SKL: high
SPD: below average
LCK: average
DEF: average
RES: above average
CON: 10
MOVE: 5 (6 Prompted)
GROWTHS:
STR: Medium
SKL: high
RES: above average
PROMOTION: Sniper
SKILLS:
Overwhelming Stench: -10 to all units hit and avoid within 3 spaces. Excluding this unit

Soulless: This man has no soul, mages and magic users in general within 3 spaces lose 50% skill and magic due to the mental barrage of insanity.

Crossbow Expert: Add %50 skill to damage when using a crossbow for purpose of damage
PERSONAL WEAPON: None
MAX STATS:
HP: 60
Str: 25

Skl: 30
Spd: 28
Lck: 30
Def: 25
Res: 23
APPEARANCE:

UT84CcR.png
LEVEL UP QUOTES:
0-1: "Even growth avoids me..."
2-3: "All to serve the Captain."

4-5: "Perhaps people with stop avoiding me now."
6 and up: "Can I now be noticed?"
Promotion: "I will use this new power the best I can milord."

R BUTTON: A man whose stench is more famous than his name, only a few people can stand him.
AFFINITY: Thunder

Second

NAME: Siegmark
CLASS: Axe Cavilier
BIO: Originally born a blacksmith he tired to join many a regiment be it swordsmen, pikemen, archers, but was turned down from all of them. Eventually he followed a mustered up regiment with two hammers for days until they reached battle. THe regiment failing to do it's job and on the verge of being over run was saved by him when he rushed forth on a horse with his hammers and routed the advancing foe. Such marks got him recuited into Wilhelm's Rangers.
WEAPONS: Axes A, Promotion gives Axes S Bows A
BASES:
Level 11
HP: above average
STR: High
SKL: average
LCK: below average
RES: below average
CON: 16
MOVE: 7 (8 Prompted)
GROWTHS:
STR: High
SKL: average
PROMOTION: Paladin
SKILLS:

Great Shield

Fortune

Axefaire

MAX STATS:
Str: 27

Skl: 26
Spd: 23
Def: 24
Res: 24
APPEARANCE:

d07Vd8F.png
LEVEL UP QUOTES:
0-1: "This can not be the end."
2-3: "Tis expected"

4-5: "The course is clear from here"
6 and up: "I own the might of a comet in my hands!"
Promotion: "Like a comet in the sky I shine!"

R BUTTON: A large mounted knight who wields axes and enjoys the heat of battle.
AFFINITY: Fire

Third

NAME: Ciaphas
CLASS: Cavilier
BIO: An oprhaned nobel he was forced into officer training school from a young age. While he scored well, his lack of courage only allwed him the rank of a Leutanant which put him under Captain Wilhelm, something he was at first completely fine with. Being a second in command he thought he would be away from all the dangers of combat, he was wrong as Wilhelm has and still does keep sending them into the most dangerous options he can. When given the choice he goes for the at first less dangerous route but but it always turns out to be more life threatening than at first glance, which onky adds to his fame as a hero, something he does not want. His only goal is to find somewhere to relax and live out his days.
WEAPONS: Swords and Lances A, Promotion gives S rank maxes to both
BASES:
Level 10
STR: below average
SKL: Abvoe average
SPD: Above average
LCK: High
DEF: below average
CON: 8
MOVE: 7 (8 Prompted)
GROWTHS:
STR: below average
SKL: Abvoe average
SPD: Above average
LCK: High
DEF: below average
PROMOTION: Paladin
SKILLS:

Coward's Advice: When attacked first gains +20 avoidance

Saint of Luck: for purposes of calculating avoidence and and all stats involving luck, times 2 the effective luck in the calculation.

Hero of the Team: Presence gives +2 damage and +10 to hit for all allies near by, but gives the enemy +20 to hit him.

MAX STATS:
Str: 26

Skl: 28
Spd: 26
Def: 22
Res: 24
APPEARANCE:

V7WOPm2.png
LEVEL UP QUOTES:
0-1: "Perhaps now I can go unnoticed."
2-3: "Well at least I can blend in."

4-5: "This is starting to become dangerous for my health"
6 and up: "And there goes my chance of being forgotten."
Promotion: "I could not have been left to be forgotten could I?"

R BUTTON: Infamous hero of Wilhelm's rangers, but the largest coward in the unit.
AFFINITY: Water

With that done I would like to point out all of them, Wilhelm, and Katherine all have a B support with each other. I also see you need Katherine's promotion and affinity noted, It is wind for the affinity, and Halberdier for promotion

Ah Monster skills eh? (The portiats sound hard though)

If Promotions tend to get stronger skills I think I can come up with a few IDK how hard they are to implement honestly Powerful monsters should have stronger skills(especially the non playable examples)

Arch Morgall-Shadow Shot-Once per Map the user can attack at range(3-10) in exchange their next turn is skipped I can see some interesting tactical uses for this(and as only Blinky could get this among the playable cast)

Entombed-Burrow-(warp with a dust cloud/hole)Basically lets them warp where ever they want and attack (they need something to make them I.D.K. formidable?)

For undead in general- status immunity (with possible exception of stat reduction status) as they are a corpse... it feels like this should be an all undead thing

Bonewalker-skeletal- reduces damage taken and negates crits when attacked by with non magic swords,lances and bows (in exchange takes bonus damage from axes and magic)-As in most fantasy lore if you are using swords lances and bows on skeletons you usually aren't very bright nothing to cut or stab lol.

(I am also assuming they will still have atrocious stats like in the sacred stones)

Wight-Undying Hate-Gives a (Level+plus 20 for promoted)% Chance to survive fatal blows dealt by (non axe based) physical attacks if HP>1 (undead variant of miracle) I would give it to the promotion but...

Once again assuming crappy stats for normal undead

Draco Zombie-(as no promotion probably should get 2 skills) though can skip if you don't want to use them (I can't imagine them being common )

-Dragon Skin-Halves all damage blocks status/lethality and the likes,

-probably a weak aura debuff for their first skill (I resisted the urge to give it a procing skill though you can if you want (In my WIP I plan to give it two hahaaha)

Cyclops(high level skill)-Rampage-When HP low berserks skill holder and grants innate resolve/wrath( what ever bonuses are easiest to do) (i.e. if you piss of a giant/cyclops don't they nearly always go berserk? More importantly it would have an interesting interaction with their first detrimental skill would be a fun tactic to lower ones Hp so it goes berserk, then rescue your attacker leading it to go after nearby enemies XD

Gorgon-why not give it immobilize? Assuming it is non playable of course...(I can't see giving the player a monster that turns its victims to stone as fun as it may be...)

Gwyllgi several ideas but not confident in any of them

-Pack instincts (stat bonus for each allied unit with the skill)

or

-Predatation(restores HP upon killing a foe) neither seem really good to me so IDK...

Oh cool I was looking at that mug but didn't know what to do with it, now I do c:(1)

I will say a couple things, first, I can't guarantee the existence of Wind, does Aircalibur work?(2) Second, wow, 13 constitution going on 17? That's, like, the second-most in the game lol(3)

I can do it if you want but I just wanted to make sure you know what you're doing with that, like if she's actually some secret dragon race or whatever(4)

*adds @both*

1. Your welcome lol

2. Sure

3. I just love making high-con characters I guess

4. That...Actually sounds like a good idea!

BTW Rye's reason for 25 con is when he stole food and stuff he learned to carry a lot of things at once.

welp chrome crashed but okay cool added stuff

a thing I was thinking of for Ana was to way nerf her def/res but give her dragonskin, maybe idk

That is actually a great idea!

(noting that were actually adding something like the swordmaster thing [lowered strength but swordfaire to show that they are strong by their proficiency in the sword])

Make the personal skill be dragonskin.

Edited by tjoracer