FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

I'm just pretty sure avoid is speed*2+luck. Swordmasters with 30 speed and luck have 90 avoid. So if Rye had 35 speed and 30 luck, he'd have 100 avoid. Meanwhile, many of the lategame enemies are... *runs simulation*

The absolute strongest Warrior with a not-too-inaccurate Silver Axe would have about 13 hit against Rye. With weapon triangle due to swords or literally any terrain, that's a solid 0.

A Swordmaster, again max level and with a Silver weapon, S rank too, has about 75% hit against Rye. Which okay I guess isn't too bad, but if you slap Rye on even a simple forest or pillar, that drops to 55%, for a Swordmaster. This testing dude has 26 total might, and since he won't critical against that 30 luck, that's just a little... Yeah.

That said though, with that in mind, it's really not quite as bad as I thought. He'll absolutely wreck anything without amazing accuracy, but I can just add some Halberdiers and Snipers and that should be enough to keep from a complete trivialization of the last chapter. (Snipers actually seem to have kinda sad hit rates compared to Swordmasters and Halberdiers? But they get Certain Blow, so there's that. They can be about 60% certain they'll hit XD

But eh once I add him to the Average Statter and try messing around ingame I'll see how I feel. Just wanted to bring up the idea.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just pretty sure avoid is speed*2+luck. Swordmasters with 30 speed and luck have 90 avoid. So if Rye had 35 speed and 30 luck, he'd have 100 avoid. Meanwhile, many of the lategame enemies are... *runs simulation*

The absolute strongest Warrior with a not-too-inaccurate Silver Axe would have about 13 hit against Rye. With weapon triangle due to swords or literally any terrain, that's a solid 0.

A Swordmaster, again max level and with a Silver weapon, S rank too, has about 75% hit against Rye. Which okay I guess isn't too bad, but if you slap Rye on even a simple forest or pillar, that drops to 55%, for a Swordmaster. This testing dude has 26 total might, and since he won't critical against that 30 luck, that's just a little... Yeah.

That said though, with that in mind, it's really not quite as bad as I thought. He'll absolutely wreck anything without amazing accuracy, but I can just add some Halberdiers and Snipers and that should be enough to keep from a complete trivialization of the last chapter. (Snipers actually seem to have kinda sad hit rates compared to Swordmasters and Halberdiers? But they get Certain Blow, so there's that. They can be about 60% certain they'll hit XD

But eh once I add him to the Average Statter and try messing around ingame I'll see how I feel. Just wanted to bring up the idea.

So no changes right now, then?

Also make it so he can't move on mountains.

And know I really want to know the contents of the last chapter.

Oh I don't even know the contents of the last chapter. I'm just kinda thinking ahead--I'm not making any changes to him now, but it seemed like a potential issue that at least wanted some looking at.

In terms of development, I haven't done anything since last night or whenever I started making events for Chapter 7. I'm being dumb and getting caught up in some random aesthetic thing when I should really be working on AI events (well actually I should really be working on homework...)

Oh I don't even know the contents of the last chapter. I'm just kinda thinking ahead--I'm not making any changes to him now, but it seemed like a potential issue that at least wanted some looking at.

In terms of development, I haven't done anything since last night or whenever I started making events for Chapter 7. I'm being dumb and getting caught up in some random aesthetic thing when I should really be working on AI events (well actually I should really be working on homework...)

Ah procrastination at its finest I think we can all understand that...

I have a few ideas to sugest for the latter part of the game

1)A staff wielding Boss with staff savant. They would use status /enemy healing/warp staves etc to be a huge pain to fight.

2)A "bosslike" Manakete character that actually can join the players team. The ideal senario would involve cultists of some kind performing a seal release/resurrection ritual with a more or less apathetic "revived evil dragon god" character with no plans for dooming the world like the cultists suggested.

Would be balanced by a personal skill

apathy-the skill holder is too lazy to dodge enemy attacks or try and counterattack when attacked.

My thoughts are the sprites could be based on Idenn. Recruitment method talk to them and ask if they will join your team, to which they would reply why not? World annihilation got boring along time ago. Yawn. or at least something along those lines. (antagonistic deconstruction)

Joins. Extremely late game (level is already maxed) possible Gotoh archetype.

Endgame scenario. The battle over she went back to sleep so after this time adding a do not disturb sign. Unfortunately the occasional stupid cultists would ignore the sign and be turned crispy.

Weapons:

Apotheosis: A bow said to used in an army's hardest battle. Range of 1-2, gives +8 to Defense.

Future Past: A blade from a forgotten future of despair and pain. Makes Wielder take 12 points of damage per turn, but has an incredible Might score.

Yeah I like AoE in general for strategy games but Yeti thinks it's a bad idea for Fire Emblem. There's a little bit of leftover code from something he was doing a while back, if I can use that then I'll use it as much as possible, but I'm not counting on it.

Yeah I like AoE in general for strategy games but Yeti thinks it's a bad idea for Fire Emblem. There's a little bit of leftover code from something he was doing a while back, if I can use that then I'll use it as much as possible, but I'm not counting on it.

Fates sort of did AOE for the ballista and launchers. You might wanna make it so that they can't kill any units if you're gonna put it in.

Disregarding the fact that Rye is on the brink of trivializing endgame

Can we have a support between Rye and Ana?

I can make it if you want me to, and the affinity's are wind and dark.

Edited by tjoracer

Healing Dance: When refreshing a unit's actions, heal half of their missing HP (So, if the units has 30 Max HP and is at 20 currently, the Dancer will heal (30-20)/2 HP, or 5)

Blade Dance: This unit has a Skill/3 chance to hit twice with a single attack. Rolls separately for every attack. (So if they double because of higher Speed, they roll once for the first hit, and a second time for the second hit)

Healing Dance: When refreshing a unit's actions, heal half of their missing HP (So, if the units has 30 Max HP and is at 20 currently, the Dancer will heal (30-20)/2 HP, or 5)

Blade Dance: This unit has a Skill/3 chance to hit twice with a single attack. Rolls separately for every attack. (So if they double because of higher Speed, they roll once for the first hit, and a second time for the second hit)

Healing dance sounds pretty neat, no harm in implementing that. As for Blade dance, it just sounds like nerfed astra to me, so it's pretty useless.

Okay, bump it up to Skill/2 chance to hit thrice with an attack.

So, now its more powerful than Astra, but it's really just an Astra clone

continue is much better lol

Hm as long as blade dance can't recursively add attacks to itself I might actually consider it. Sure it's an astra/continue clone but that's not necessarily a bad thing, there are plenty of cloney-skills.

Healing daaannnnce I honestly don't like, in that it's a free yet tedious way to fully heal any unit any time, it does remind me about dancing buffs though, and maybe I could do a thing where one refresh unit buffs allies and the other heals them, but in a way similar to Shigure.

(EDIT: but even i'm not quite so uncreative that i now need both of those skills explicitly spelled out now that i've already said what they do lol)

Edited by 47948201

Blade Dance shouldn't activate on itself.

And Healing Dance cannot fully heal a unit, it heals half of what they are missing in HP. No full heal.

Healing half of what they're missing in HP. So for example, a unit has 10/30 HP.

first dance:missing 20, heal 10 to get 20.

second dance: missing 10, heal 5 to get 25.

third dance, missing 5, heal 3 to get 28.

fourth dance: missing 2, heal 1 to get 29.

fifth dance: missing 1, heal 1 to get 30.

I can't just make it round down because literally everything else in the game will round up, the point of that is to make things consistent and predictable in their behavior.

Okay, bump it up to Skill/2 chance to hit thrice with an attack.

Eh, looking back on it, the skill seems sort of useless. Astra is still a thing, and so is adept. And their is also brave weapons. So I don't think their needs to be another attack again skill.

(Yeah I know the purpose of the skill isn't to turn the dancer into a healer but if it's capable of healing to full then that's exactly what it will do, you have to think about that kind of stuff. So I'll probably make it act similarly, but only heal up to half HP)

Eh, looking back on it, the skill seems sort of useless. Astra is still a thing, and so is adept. And their is also brave weapons. So I don't think their needs to be another attack again skill.

Hmmm it brings the question though what if this skill is given to the dancer and basically temporarily gives them access to another skill i.e. dance for a unit and until you next turn the skill is added to their list of skills.

Considering we were told that Items that grant skills have been added it shouldn't be too much of a step up.

Also Are any of those unused skills at the bottom looking for a new user if so we could probably build a character for them

Edited by Dragrath