FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...

I'm looking through some of the monster skills. Kinda stealin' some ideas from Fates, but hey. I'm not sure if you just wanted the classes themselves to have the skills, or the promoted one ALSO had the skills from unpromoted ones. IE: Gargoyles only have Demon Seal, but Deathgoyles have both Demon Seal and Reaping Slash. Note that these are basically ideas, and they do not need to wield all these skills at once.

Maelduin-

Opportunist

If enemy can't strike back, deal +4 damage.

Forceful Strike

If enemy is hit, they suffer Def penalty and take extra damage.

Elder Bael-

Webbings

After battle, enemy suffers speed/skill penalty.

Venom Veil

Adjacent attacking enemies suffer poison infliction. (Crappy Counter)

Someone had a dark mage character named Leila, and uh, I spurted it.

WDupmKJ.png

well. She looks cute. She doesn't look amused, which is probably bad for enemies. :p

Edited by IfAwakened

Cool, added some. I think opportunist is already there.

As a general statement, enemies do:

base: no skill
lv3: unpromoted skill

promoted lv1: unpromoted skill but probably not promoted skill? I dunno I haven't gotten there

Yeah, okay. I only suggested Opportunist since they can use ranged and physical combat. Seemed like an idea.

I'm gonna assume that bosses can have skills as well.

Misc. Bosses

Obligatory Bandit Twins - Late midgame?

One has Rivalry, while the other has Guts (I guess). I think that'd be pretty scary. One specializes in Res, and Str, while the other specializes in Skill and Def. About equal HP I suppose.

BT1

Berserker

HP: 35

Str: 19

Skill: 10

Speed: 13

Def: 13

Res: 18

Inventory

Tomahawk

Silver Axe

Elixir

BT2

Berserker

HP: 37

Str: 17

Skill: 17

Speed: 14

Def: 17

Res: 11

Inventory

Brave Axe

Killer Axe

Dragonshield

Recruit/Soldier Miniboss

<name here>

Recruit - Skill: Anticipation

HP: 28

Str: 18

Skill: 20

Speed: 16

Def: 7

Res: 7

Inventory

Brave Lance

Spear

(some promotion item)

Rogue Miniboss

<Cool name here?>

Rogue - Skill: Pass(?)/Mug(?)

HP: 22

Str: 13

Skill: 12

Speed: 21

Def: 10

Res: 8

Inventory

Killing Edge

Lockpick

Red Gem

-------------------------

I dunno.

Mercury: Ignis, but with Speed

Venus: Skill

Terra: Defence

Mars: 1/2 Max HP

Jupiter: Resistance

Neptune: Luck

Uranus: # of supports*2

Pluto: Mov*2

[planet]: Ignis, but with [stat]

1. you are aware that this doesn't (yet, admittedly, but discussion hasn't shown it ever being likely) have a str/mag split which ignis is 100% dependent on? (edit: unless you meant that that stat was the stat used as an additive, as opposed to the proc stat. this is very unclear, though, and I rushed through thinking. sorry.)

2. why?

3. why are they named after planets as opposed to latin for the elements? (e.g. the naming scheme for ignis. it's "flame") if they're related to that skill, then names like "terra", "aqua", "aer" (earth, water, air) or "aqua", "ligna", "terra", "aes" (water, wood, earth, metal) would be more appropriate, no?

Edited by Eliwan

1. Yes, it's the additive stat, replacing Magic for physicals and Strength for tomes.

2. Because I like Ignis, but wanted something a little different.

3. I was going for celestial theme naming, like Sol, Luna, Astra and Aether.

Okay sure lol @bosses

(i mean i'd prefer if they had names and portraits but at least having some direction helps when you're as uninspired as me lol)

I might like the idea of an offensive skill whose damage is based on your number of supports, could probably make a character that goes well with.

Demonic Arm: This unit cannot be affected by the negative "hit yourself" effect of Devil weapons.

Unfortuntely, I am not very good with names.

Right now I'm just in the "ideas" phase. I kinda of thought having a soldier miniboss would be interesting, especially if they're actually competent. It'd be a most welcome change, since soldiers literally suck.

Well yeah so I've made GBA soldiers act like a trainee class, you won't see them much after earlygame but you'll continue seeing "Soldiers" more like those from Tellius.

Demonic Arm sure cool added

Also, I've gone through and made a bit of a list of the characters I'm planning appearances for and some other information listed, but none of them have names, portraits, backstories, or anything of the sort:

a sword-wielding knight
a warrior
a female brigand-stats and personal skill picked out
a monk
a friendly nomad
a female nomad trooper that joins with the above nomad
a midgame manakete
a fighter
a recruitable enemy sword pirate (just some pirate in a band of pirates)
a unit with high defense/resistance but poor other stats
a brawler (fights with fists) maybe likes drinking
a very ordinary general
a lancer (other soldier promotion)
a nomad trooper with great offense but poor defense, joins lategame

Wow It seems that after a long time of not much happening here things got lively again and I missed it :(

Well yeah so I've made GBA soldiers act like a trainee class, you won't see them much after earlygame but you'll continue seeing "Soldiers" more like those from Tellius.

Demonic Arm sure cool added

Also, I've gone through and made a bit of a list of the characters I'm planning appearances for and some other information listed, but none of them have names, portraits, backstories, or anything of the sort:

a sword-wielding knight
a warrior
a female brigand-stats and personal skill picked out
a monk
a friendly nomad
a female nomad trooper that joins with the above nomad
a midgame manakete
a fighter
a recruitable enemy sword pirate (just some pirate in a band of pirates)
a unit with high defense/resistance but poor other stats
a brawler (fights with fists) maybe likes drinking
a very ordinary general
a lancer (other soldier promotion)
a nomad trooper with great offense but poor defense, joins lategame

Hmm I hope the generic soldier that joins you and wants to be a somebody is still around as that was hilarious.

Also I noticed some of the unused skills are class skills but I couldn't find their replacement

Other ideas

Blessed Weapons (give slight health regeneration(10% rounded down) at start of turn and grants slayer skill when equipped)

I figure that of all weapons in the newer games that should be easier to do as skill assignment to items already exists if I recall correctly. Plus with monsters being present and actually a threat it could be more relevant (probably very rare and limited to compensate)

As for some of the unused skills Flanking sounds like a good personal for a Mercenary Myrmidon or Promoted Soldier that is very militaristic and ruthless.

Anything you need I remember posting a character idea before should I try and modify perhaps Idenn?

To be honest my reason for absence of late is well I finally got fates conquest... Buying skills is soooo addicting All I have done is use the money DLC a bunch of times and buy a ton of skills...

Yeah the generic soldier joins in like chapter 11 or 12 or something. He doesn't need a portrait or backstory. (Currently his name is Dave, but that could be changed to just Soldier or something I guess)

Hmm sure there are monsters so blessed weapons make sense. Still not really making weapons, wonder if I'll regret that when I have to reorganize and re-equip all the units lol

(depends on how menus work I think it should be fine)

Huh what's this about Idenn?

And lol yeah I've been doing tons of Fates lately too, but my team is preettty much set there and I have a slight lull in homework so I got back to working on chapters, I've got the events for 9 set up but it's crashing so I'm waiting for Yeti sooo yeah.

Weapon names:

Crescent Blade

Legacy Edge

Sword of Hades (Badass description: Forged with the souls of 600 demons, 60 demon lords and the 6 great demon kings)

Yeah the generic soldier joins in like chapter 11 or 12 or something. He doesn't need a portrait or backstory. (Currently his name is Dave, but that could be changed to just Soldier or something I guess)

Hmm sure there are monsters so blessed weapons make sense. Still not really making weapons, wonder if I'll regret that when I have to reorganize and re-equip all the units lol

(depends on how menus work I think it should be fine)

Huh what's this about Idenn?

And lol yeah I've been doing tons of Fates lately too, but my team is preettty much set there and I have a slight lull in homework so I got back to working on chapters, I've got the events for 9 set up but it's crashing so I'm waiting for Yeti sooo yeah.

The Gotah Arechtype Manakete Sugestion I had earlier... I will Copy and paste it here.

A "bosslike" Manakete character that actually can join the players team. The ideal senario would involve cultists of some kind performing a seal release/resurrection ritual with a more or less apathetic "revived evil dragon god" character with no plans for dooming the world like the cultists suggested.

Would be balanced by a personal skill

Apathy-the skill holder is too lazy to dodge enemy attacks or try and counterattack when attacked.

My thoughts are the sprites could be based on Idenn. Recruitment method talk to them and ask if they will join your team, to which they would reply why not? World annihilation got boring along time ago. Yawn. or at least something along those lines. (antagonistic deconstruction)

Joins. Extremely late game (level is already maxed) possible Gotoh archetype.

Map Ideas:

A long winding maze full of Archers and Mages just out of reach.

You choose a small group to lead with, and to reinforcement groups to join on certain turns.

A door maze. Bring keys and Thieves.

A chase sequence (Think Asugi's Paralouge).

Haven't played Asugi's paralogue, will look into. Long winding maze with archers sounds pretty annoying. Door maze I can do, but that idea of deploying your own reinforcements for certain turns sounds really cool and I think I can do it

Oh yeah no that character is already planned...well maybe. Being extreme lategame rather than just lategame maybe there'll be 3 Manaketes then O:

Well there isn't a need to have it if you built the idea into it I am quite lenient with how any ideas I suggest are used, As long as the general concept lives then I am happy

Haven't played Asugi's paralogue, will look into. Long winding maze with archers sounds pretty annoying. Door maze I can do, but that idea of deploying your own reinforcements for certain turns sounds really cool and I think I can do it

Ah I remember a variation of that mechanic from Path Of Radiance Chapter 17 and then again in epilogue(though with only one of 3 OP options Giffca, Tibarn,or Naesala) would be cool to see it again perhaps the last x slots could be dedicated to reinforcements for affected chapters?

Sure, anyone's welcome to fill in stuff for those characters. I always prefer when portraits are provided, but...

Also, the "ordinary" general dude I'm thinking of using this Radiant Collection mug for:

3e487d76b3218c90bfe615cb4d328c57.png

Will be recolored, how depends on who he turns out to be.

Hm okay well like I was planning at the very end of midgame there would be a cave up north where cultists are worshipping the manakete and she'd be kinda your standard loli manakete and you'd have like 10 chapters to level her into a ridiculous thing but having one lategame as a more Gotoh-y thing, she could be the apathetic Idoun one which would make more sense anyway.

Player reinforcement chapter I had an idea for such that it doesn't take any code, haven't decided where to put that chapter yet, thinking possibly Rye's.

Kabocha's design update: I forgot what her previous haircut was, but now it's like Leila's (FE7), but shorter and fluffier.

Edited by Floral Pattern

I'm not sure when these characters would join, so...

Valhalla

A young man who is on the hunt for a legendary wolf; Fenrir. Lover of Vanaheimr. Enjoys the sound of arrows whizzing by. Hates being interrupted.

Excels in Str and Def growths, compared to Vana.

Affinity: Wind

Skill: Tag Team (Decided he should have this because he'd probably be better to train since he's a class lower than Vana. Thus, building his supports would make him possibly better in the long run. Not sure how that would work out lategame)

Level 3

Nomad

HP: 20

Str: 4

Skill: 5

Spd: 7

Luck: 6

Def: 7

Res: 3

Con: 6

Inventory:

Iron Bow

Vulnerary

Level Up Quotes:

Good: The hunt must go on!

Decent: Feeling good!

Bad: That wasn't worth the effort...

Death Quote:

*Before meeting Fenrir?*

Valhalla: D-damn... I'll never get that dadblasted wolf... now...

Vanaheimr: My love! They... they will pay!

*After Fenrir/Alternate Quote*

Vahalla: D-damn... the hunt is over... g-good...

Vanaheimr: My love! They will pay for this!

Vanaheimr

Nomad Trooper

A young woman joining Valhalla, her lover, in the hunt for Fenrir. Claims to see into the future. Enjoys the sound of her enemies screaming in pain. Hates not being able to finish off a foe.

Excels in Skill and Res growths, compared to Val.

Affinity: Thunder

Skill: Strong Bond

Level 1

HP: 27

Str: 8

Skill: 9

Spd: 11

Luck: 4

Def: 4

Res: 10

Con: 6

Inventory:

Steel Sword

Killer Bow

Level Up Quotes:

Good: Yes! Yes! Yes!

Decent: Not too bad.

Bad: What the hell is that?

Death Quote:

Vanaheimr: A-Augh... I... failed? M-my love...

Valhalla: Vana! No! I will... press on... for you...

Perhaps "Fenrir" can be the wolf boss you mention in the documents? Maybe the wolf can have a Thunderfang Prf weapon? 1-2? Supereffective against mounts? I dunno. Maybe just a high Mt thing.

Asgard

A great but frail legendary warrior. Enjoys the thrill of battle. Dislikes animals.

Nomad Trooper

Affinity: Fire

Skill: Immunity

Level 13

HP: 41

Str: 19

Skill: 14

Spd: 18

Luck: 1

Def: 0

Res: 1

Inventory:

Silver Bow

Level Up Quotes:

Good: Couldn't get any better.

Decent: Let's keep that up.

Bad: Gods, what trick is this?

Took me like 2 hours to think of this.

Edited by IfAwakened

@floofhair will be sure to bring that up with whoever ends up volunteering to do the mug doop

@nordic nomads: lol sure they all sounds pretty good and I like the consistency, I might make up a region that Nomads tend to come from like Sacae but not (and also give them paler skin so the like two light-skin people don't stand out quite as much doop)

(EDIT: also the fact that they're seeking out a legendary wolf is literally perfect for their join chapter lol how did that happen)

Edited by 47948201