FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Rye 20/20 averages(without promo bonus/skills and I think I got the caps for magethief right):

HP: 12.9

STR: 2.17

SKL: 28 (capped)

SPD: 30 (capped)

LCK: 30 (capped)

DEF: 0.39 (this is the most impressive of the bunch.)

RES: 25 (capped)

20/0 (20 unpromoted)

HP: 11.9

STR: 1.57

SKL: 20 (capped)

SPD: 20 (capped)

LCK: 28.05

DEF: 0.19

RES: 18.35

(Used : http://makaze-kanra.tumblr.com/FELevelAdjust)

I think some balancing might be in order.

Edited by tjoracer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rye 20/20 averages(without promo bonus/skills and I think I got the caps for magethief right):

HP: 12.9

STR: 2.17

SPD: 30 (capped)

DEF: 0.39 (this is the most impressive of the bunch.)

20/0 (20 unpromoted)

HP: 11.9

STR: 1.57

SKL: 20 (capped)

SPD: 20 (capped)

LCK: 28.05

DEF: 0.19

RES: 18.35

(Used : http://makaze-kanra.tumblr.com/FELevelAdjust)

I think some balancing might be in order.

Link is broken

HP: 30.55 (45%)
Str: 0
Mag: 11.55 (45%)
Skill: 15.4 (60%)
Spd: 18.299999999999997 (70%)
Luck: 29 (100%)
Def: 9.7 (30%)
Res: 15.4 (60%)

Unless I used it wrong, THIS is Abaddon's stats after promoting at level 20 (with the growths I gave him), with the bonuses of I'm assuming bishop because from monk.

That seems... I don't know. Of course, his luck is gonna high as hell, but that speed and HP seems a little bit much, plus with that resistance. The only dark magic hitting him would probably be a Flux...

then again, I'm looking at the average stats of Lucius and Artur and it's not all that crazy, but hold ooooonnnn.

Let's consider his huge luck growth. Let's keep it that high, with a guarenteed chance to increase it, but considering how Luck affects multiple things (if you're going to allow that) his luck is most likely going to help his hitrate (skill?) and evade rate (speed), we should probably give a nerf to those stats. 1 point of Luck will increase hitrate and evade by 1. Meaning, he almost caps it after promoting, and then once maxed...

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Evasion

So, if we are using that formula, Abaddon may be very speedy, and doubling his attack speed PLUS HIS LUCK... O . O

Most units have either high skill or speed (sometimes both), but THEY rarely would cap luck, so... Abaddon would be crazy good against dark magic, unless we nerf his skill and speed growth. 60% (Skill) and 70% (Speed) are a bit high, I think. And his defense (30%) isn't all that bad either, at least for a mage.

I'm thinking...

Either keep his absurd tankyiness for a mage defense and nerf his resistance growth, or keep his resistance and nerf his defense growth. Then maybe 30% skill and 25-30% speed? Maybe lower...?

I'm really not sure if I even used the statter right, so this could really just be false, but--- yeah. #Nerf

Maybe the statter 47948201 uses would be more accurate.

Edited by IfAwakened

Stats for my guy at 20 and 20/20 (redone)

[spoiler=unpromoted]

HP: 30.8
Mag: 20
Skill: 16.6
Spd: 14.600000000000001
Luck: 6
Def: 17.2
Res: 6

[spoiler=promoted]

Using Druid's promotion gains:

HP: 42.35
Mag: 30(capped)
Skill: 25(capped)
Spd: 24.450000000000003
Luck: 10.75
Def: 28.4
Res: 10.75

Edited by MagicIsOP

lol everyone posting their level-adjusted stats

I'm going to get to everyone on my Average Statter eventually, and that calculates these things automatically so uh yeah. Still, if you do run your stats and that makes you decide you want the distribution to be different, feel free to say so and I'd be all for it.

Link is broken

Indeed

Rye 20/20 averages(with promo-bonuses and skills, rounded to one):

HP: 21

STR: 8

SPD: 35 (capped with skill)

DEF: 10 (and this is only cause of the promo bonus)

yaymathandnumbers

Battle stats for Rye using the 20/20 stats(using FE8 Battle formulas):

Avo = 100 + x(terrain) + y(support)

Hit = w(weapon hit rate) + 71 + y + s(S-rank bonus[if he gets one])

Crit = wc(weapon critical) + 14 + y + s + cc(class critical?)

Crit Evade = 30 + y

Battle stats with Killing Edge and Nosferatu(S ranks just for highest numbers)(Also the Rye/Ana A support)(No class crit/terrain):

Killing Edge:

Atk: 20

Hit: 165

Crit: 64

Avo: 107

Crit Avo: 44

Nosferatu

Atk: 19

Hit: 161

Crit: 34

Avo: 107

Crit Avo: 44

(wrote the entire thing before seeing the above comment)

I feel like I did something pointless (besides writing out the battle stat formula)

Edited by tjoracer

lol yeah eh if you feel it's useful for you or others then you're welcome to do whatever you please, but since my averages are automatically calculated I just go off of whatever final ideas you have and balance myself from there.

I think they look nice!

Perhaps you could show us what they would look like on a character menu?

I'm guessing everyone will have 5-6 skill slots? And what about class specific skills? Are those innate as long they're in that class?

Edited by IfAwakened

Pretty much, here's a generic archer with the Archer class skill, Hit+10:

b46e2f0b726cb5c553b5026d336a07e1.png

The skill icon resizing is so that 5 can fit in the skills window instead of just 4--I'm not sure how much this will change, since nobody has 5 skills and letting it show inventory skills could take up to 10 slots, but it's also for this idea I had a MSPaint mockup of for:

b68a176807c885f6ff0095cebb7a118a.png
With the idea being it's important when generic enemies have skills and the player should be made aware of that? Obviously the fighter doesn't have 3 bronze axes and two instances of Canto.

Hmm. That looks cool.

Maybe the first one or two skills for a unit would appear in the bubble?

I expect to see Counter Archers... :Kappa: Don't disappoint! :P

But there won't be anything crazy or out of place skills for enemies, right?

Say Berserkers had Galeforce, or Undying Hate...

Maybe you could be a lil bit tricky and exchange some certain monster skills around some other monsters?

Maybe the Mogalls could rarely have Petrification, or the horsemen could have the off instance of Trample, Bael having Burrow...

I think the skills would be fun to play around with.

But nothing crazy like Swim Cyclopses, or Bonewalkers with Miracle...

I can do pretty much anything I want~

More likely the last two skills, since generally the first two would be boring class skills like HP+5 or Flight that, by the time a generic enemy has more than 2 skills, players are used to seeing.

I can do pretty much anything I want~

More likely the last two skills, since generally the first two would be boring class skills like HP+5 or Flight that, by the time a generic enemy has more than 2 skills, players are used to seeing.

Skill books maybe?

When you realize your spriting attempts were pointless because you can always just resize Awakening's icons instead of recreating them.

Er...wouldn't that look a little bit unnatural compared to the sprites of the other characters?

Edited by tjoracer

if it's the character sprites, yeah

but if it's the skill icons, probably not really.

Oh.

Didn't realize it was the icons, not the sprites :P:

I know i could just resize them and that would let me more easily get 16x16 but particularly with numbers theres some loss of fidelity and i'm unsure about the idea of these being the only sprites with an alpha channel.

edit whats that about skill books?

Edited by 47948201

I know i could just resize them and that would let me more easily get 16x16 but particularly with numbers theres some loss of fidelity and i'm unsure about the idea of these being the only sprites with an alpha channel.

edit whats that about skill books?

Books that give you a skill when you use them (one time use).

Example is giving Paragon to a unit or something like that.

yeah idk if youve been keeping up with fexna thread but someone brought that up there too and i said the systems dont currently support that. that said though, making there be 5 skill slots and characters can unequip some so theres space for item skills...nah too complicated

yeah idk if youve been keeping up with fexna thread but someone brought that up there too and i said the systems dont currently support that. that said though, making there be 5 skill slots and characters can unequip some so theres space for item skills...nah too complicated

Ah.

Sorry.