FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Hakurouken - 9 Mt/100 Hit/11 Wt/20 Crit/S Rank/1 range. Can be used to cure berserk status.

A wakizashi heirloom that is said to slice through confusion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mucro Somnio: A sword able to cut through dreams and wake the sleeping (Can be used to clear sleep).

Yukianesa: A katana made of never-melting ice. Prevents enemy doubling.

Hakurouken - 9 Mt/100 Hit/11 Wt/20 Crit/S Rank/1 range. Can be used to cure berserk status.

A wakizashi heirloom that is said to slice through confusion.

Steel Blade - 11 Mt/65 Hit/14 Wt/0 Crt/C Rank/1 range.

When a S Rank sword has comparable stats to a steel blade, there is something wrong.

Monster-sealing could be neat, might take some balancing but yeah

A sword that prevents doubling could actually be neat since most swordies are fast so this helps those who aren't have more value in swords

I wouldn't call those comparable stats, Steel Blade has a tiny bit more might but way worse hit, weight, crit, and status-curing weapons could be useful. Weapons with use effects in general, though... I actually don't know if they're implemented, will ask.

Gram-Zamber: Can be used by anyone with either a C rank in Swords or Spears.

Poleaxe: C rank Axes or Lances

Piercing Gale: Hits selected enemy, and any enemies in the two space directly behind them

V-Fire: Hits enemy, and the two diagonally back spaces behind them.

Zeik Tuvai: A blue spear, high Crit but very heavy.

Steel Blade - 11 Mt/65 Hit/14 Wt/0 Crt/C Rank/1 range.

When a S Rank sword has comparable stats to a steel blade, there is something wrong.

The S-rank is mainly for the Cure Berserk status effect.

Edited by Gardener of Hakugyokurou

Skills:

Gale Aura/Malestrom

Flying units within 1-2 spaces receive -20 avo. (MAYBE this can be moved to a bonus effect of a weapon or something)

Heavy Metal

Lowers Mov by 1 and Spd by 2, but increases Def by 6.

Demon Hunter

Increases Hit and Avo by 10, and crit by 5 when fighting monsters.

NERFED FATES SKILLS

Strength Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Str is reduced by 3.

Spell Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Mag is reduced by 3.

Defense Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Def is reduced by 3.

Resistance Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Res is reduced by 3.

--------------------------------------------------

Double Braver: Has the Double Brave effect: This unit will always hit 4 times with this weapon, if they can already double, this is enhanced to hitting 8 times.

Hero's Flare: Brave Anima weapon.

Hero's Light: Brave Light

Hero's Shadow: Brave Dark.

Edited by Corrobin

Skills:

Gale Aura/Malestrom

Flying units within 1-2 spaces receive -20 avo. (MAYBE this can be moved to a bonus effect of a weapon or something)

Heavy Metal

Lowers Mov by 1 and Spd by 2, but increases Def by 6.

Demon Hunter

Increases Hit and Avo by 10, and crit by 5 when fighting monsters.

NERFED FATES SKILLS

Strength Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Str is reduced by 3.

Spell Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Mag is reduced by 3.

Defense Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Def is reduced by 3.

Resistance Seal

After unit initiates combat with enemy, enemy's Res is reduced by 3.

--------------------------------------------------

*snicker*

Otherwise, pretty balanced list of skills.

Well, the stat caps for GBA are lower, so...

:P

Yeah.

Double Braver: Just NO.

I'm not gonna rant because It's probally gonna sound very rude and harsh.

Edited by Gardener of Hakugyokurou

Sure to the skills I suppose I still need to add to the list

Brave magic *shrug* if I can get some animations but I'll really have to prioritize with what resources I've got.

Personally I don't care whether it's enemy fliers or all fliers in that I'm not balancing skills now so trying to make something set in stone will only be a waste of effort since I'll rebalance later

And yeah double braver is lol

Gram-Zamber: Can be used by anyone with either a C rank in Swords or Spears.

Poleaxe: C rank Axes or Lances

Piercing Gale: Hits selected enemy, and any enemies in the two space directly behind them

V-Fire: Hits enemy, and the two diagonally back spaces behind them.

Zeik Tuvai: A blue spear, high Crit but very heavy.

Skills:

Noble Lineage: 15% boost to growth rates.

Zero Divider: Psudeo-Galeforce when Lethality activates.

A trio of weapons:

One with high Hit but low Might

One with high Might but low Crit

One with high Crit but low Hit.

Okay so like the thing with weapons, the reason I'm not as accepting of them as with other things like skills, is that I really don't want to add a lot of weapons--I estimate I'll be up to adding up to about 30 new weapons. TOTAL. That means 6 of each general type, minus the S rank so 5. Maybe less. That's not a lot to have redundant weapons, because I don't like redundant weapons since they increase the mental load on the player for inventory management, which is getting enough extra stuff with held items. I know there are some people who in their hacks use the virtual armory as how they increase complexity, but since weapons are a shared resource, I really want to make them as manageable as possible, and characters are what's unique.

...That said, when it comes to characters, sprites are just as, if not more important than, uh, pretty much anything else lol and I do feel like people aren't valuing them as such like I do.

I say this not really directed at anyone but I also put up a reddit post earlier and like the general sense I get from here and there is one where ideas are king, and while ideas are great, there's a limit to how much I want to add in a lot of areas.

Oh. Good. At least I got in a bunch of early ideas so that I get them chosen.

Skills: Phoenix: 5% chance that the unit will auto-revive (once per map)

The S-rank is mainly for the Cure Berserk status effect.

..."It has the power to dispel the confusion of those it cuts. That is, using it on humans will cause them minor pain and discomfort."

Ay lmao, stat debuff on the enemy?

While admittedly simply combining classes will likely result in something easier to sprite that something all-new, it tends to not be as interesting.

Besides, rather than make new classes, why not just make characters that take advantage of a class in new ways? I'm starting to rough out some ideas for random gimmick characters--I (DEFINITELY) don't want everyone to be super strongly gimmicky, but I think a few of them is a good idea. For example, a character with 10 HP but 30def/res is only a minor variation on any class, but will play much more differently than most classes that one would come up with. (Just as an example, I think maybe the idea was based on Klok said)

I can explain my other gimmick characters if my notes on them are too sparse for people.

Funny you should say that, cause my boss insert is a type of swordmaster/assassin. Now that my plans for RFV/MAFC2 seem easy and doable, going to talk more about the boss I had planned to throw at you now that I have worked out some of the details.

Boss Name: NS

Class: Swordmaster (Would say Assassin but I am afraid their silencer would break some things unless this engine doesn't have that problem)

Animation: Katars for melee and sword beams for ranged swords. (Will provide animations and if i don't, scrap this insert. Will also do the portrait) As for the weapons, Just have regular dummy swords or something as a stand in. Weapon icon doesn't matter much to me and as far as the player goes, as long as the stats are clear it should be fine because the bosses nature is a bit secretive anyway.

Skills: wanted to add some but it seems you have a lot to add already so will pick existing ones once you are done adding them. 1 personal skill I want to add is called "psyche shift" but will understand if you can't add more.

what it does: Basically shift the bosses stats/skills around for different "modes" of the fight.

Type of Boss: Raid, I got some ideas I am playing around with and will get back to you if they work. Intended to be the second to last boss or a secret boss for a gaiden chapter because the fight is suppose to be intensely hard. There are no other units but my clones.

Theme/Story: Guardian. Either guarding some dungeon that needs to be crossed to get to the final boss or guarding some powerful old weapon that makes the final boss easier. (like the Iris summon in golden sun) The bosses theme is the balance between light/dark, good/evil, war/peace, and right from wrong and will test the player accordingly. Still working this part out.

The modes to give an idea of how the boss fight plays out and more of what psyche shift does.

- Defensive mode, stats/skills set for defense and tries to tank the player's units (doesn't move during this phase and this is the default phase)

- Aggressive mode, stats/skills set for attacking and relentlessly try to kill units.

- Emo/Darkness mode, stats/skills set for self healing and tries to escape the player's units. (thief's escape/use healing item AI)

- Ego/Light mode, stat/skills set to debuff stats while buffing his own stats while beating down the player with clones. (Attack in range)

that's all I got for now. let me know if that would work or not.

edit: I am planning to use this boss for my own plans but it won't have ego/light mode.

Edited by MrNight48

Items? I don't know if you want these or need em at all, but I like holdable items, sort of like vulneraries; sacrifice potential weapon room for more important things.

Shiny Idol

Enemies have -10 avo/hit towards the Holder. (I don't know, maybe it should be -5, but then that sounds too little to be helpful)

Resistant Idol

Holder is immune to passive damage (IE: Poison, skills that do extra damage; Decaying Flesh, Mug, ETC)

----------------

I'm wondering which characters you still needed. I've done the 3 Nomads and the Monk. I wasn't sure if anyone was going to do the Brawler, or Lancer or Manaketes info or whatevs.