FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Ha ha thanks. I guess I'm just godly that way. I AM FUTURE SIGHT. They seem to be late earlygame, or around midgame join-time. I will really like it if you can manage to name a wolf boss Fenrir because that's perfect. This chapter seems to be in either a dark forest or some sort of den.

I like the region idea, and MAAAAybe you can base it sort of off some other Nordic location? I don't know if it would be letter for letter, or just have the same feel/characteristics as a location, OR just for the sake of hilarity we can name the characters locations and the location after a god/goddess.

How are their skills/quotes by the by? aha. Iknow you probably won't use them but I like getting closer and closer to thinking like... a Robahn? lol

Edited by IfAwakened

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'll probably do some light censoring of dialogue ("B-blast...") and wherever they come from would probably only be mentioned and not visited but uh yeah looking good (i mean other than the lack of looks and no i never won't comment on that lol) '3'

Yeah sure no problem! I really just like thinking of characters and EVERYTHING else but appearance.

I'll try to add some more of the ones you listed later on. Like maybe the monk and brawler or fighter/brigand(?) Was there any ones in particular you wanted me to get to so you can decide on when they'll join?

Edited by IfAwakened

If you need a fighter, I could make one up, but you'd need to make the portrait. Or I could give characteristics

A cowardly man joined an army to protect the ones who couldn't protect themselves. He tends to want to take back-lines so he wouldn't have to fight anyone, though he knows one day he'll have to.

• Name: Rodney
  • Class: Fighter
  • Stats: (Just do average leveling for when you were going to add him, round as necessary)
  • HP: 23 base, 85% growth
  • Str: 7 base, 35% growth
  • Skl: 5 base, 55% growth
  • Spd: 3 base, 50% growth
  • Def: 4 base, 35% growth
  • Res: 3 base, 30% growth
  • Luck: 1 base, 25% growth
  • Con: 11 or 12, depending on preference
  • Weapon Rank: D

Inventory:

Hammer

Ranged Axe depending on time of joining

Vulnerary, elixer if after chapter 16

If joins later than chapter 12, add a Dragonshield

Skill: Retribution

If an ally dies, +5 strength until end of chapter

If attacked as an enemy:

Rodney: I'd rather not fight, but if I need to...

If recruited:

Hero: Hey! you there!

Rodney: Oh no! I'm done for!

Hero: Wait.. Why are you cowering?

Rodney: Sorry, I'm not entirely used to fighting yet

Hero: Well, why don't you retreat? You don't seem to want to.

Rodney: Well, I'd prefer to remain in one piece.

Hero: In that case, why don't you join us? You'd have better chances of surviving that way anyways.

Rodney: I-I'm not sure I should join you, maybe I will just retreat...

Rodney then retreats, then joins next chapter after deployment.

Rodney: I gave it some thought, and, well, joining a corrupt army like that took its toll on me. My axe is ready to keep my home safe.

Death Quote: I'd prefer not to hurt anything... anyways...

Character Description: A man fixing his low self-esteem. A protective introvert.

Level Up Quotes

Good: I mean, everyone has their moments, haha.

Average: I need to keep up. Never going to keep myself down

Bad: So close, but I can't always be afraid

Worst: Maybe I shouldn't have joined and went home...

Uhhh, I don't know if i forgot anything, so let me know if I did, otherwise go nuts

Something else that may/may not help.

Editing major ideas/what you need into your first post helps us decide what we can help you with

Edited by BMWisBMW

I like Rodney! I don't like Fighters usually, but he seems like my type-a-guy! I just never really like them in personality or stats/growths.

I guess the likes/dislikes I mentioned could be bases for supports or something, i dunno.

Thanks man, though I more or less based it off the opposite of what I feel a fighter does, besides the protecting part (at least in your army).
a sword-wielding knight
In the past, knights wielded lances for whatever weird reason, so, joining the army, he/she learned the ways of the sword as a cavalier. When his/her horse died due to an illness, he/she learned how to wield the sword off of the horse, getting a lot of criticism in the process. Now, this knight uses lance-reavers and pisses those who wield them off.
Char desc: A man with a huge dedication for the ways of a sword. Tends to be reckless.
Name: Eh, you got me
HP: Base 21, growth 65%
Str: Base 5, growth 40%
Skl: Base 4, growth 50%
Spd: Base 3, growth 35%
Def: Base 8, growth 50%
Res: Base 1, growth 25%
Luck: Base 4, growth 50%
Con: 13
Weapon Rank: C
Inventory:
Lancereaver
Steel Sword
Elixir
Death Quote: I'll not lay down my sword even... in...
Growth Things
Good: So shall my radiant blade slice all opposition.
Average: I expected better, but this'll do.
Bad: Blast, my blade mustn't go down like this.
Worst: Where is he when you need him..
Recruited as an enemy (Talk with someone else who wields only a sword):
Knight: Hey! A fellow sword wielder! Hello!
Other unit: (Just make this part up for each unit or w/e.)
Knight: Well, since we're on opposite sides, let's duke it out, may the best man win.
This triggers a fight scene, and stats normally apply. Also, if you turn the knights hp down to zero, he/she is still recruited, so use an armorslayer maybe.
If you deal more damage to the knight he/she joins you fully healed, and gives your unit a vulnerary or elixir, based on chapter
Edited by BMWisBMW

Char desc: A man with a huge dedication for the ways of a sword. Tends to be reckless.

Name: Eh, you got me

Perhaps...

Lancelot (lolirony)

Arthur (justice kinda reigns)

Lucan

Galahad

Mordred

Took inspiration from the Knights of the Round Table, I guess. Personally, he sounds like the Galahad kind of guy. Mordred sounds like a Dark Knight and Lucan sounds like a Paladin. Also Lancelot and Arthur just sound stupid.

------------------------------

Abaddon (Alternate names: Ariel, Dumah, Nakir, Saith)
A mischievous monk who would rather cause trouble with his light magic (lolyoureblinded) than help others. (I guess a type of anti-hero?) Loves tricking people, hates being questioned.
Skill: Vampirism (Alternate skills: Witch Hunt, Etheral, Epicenter)
(Growths in parentheses) (oh god i totally built him around the vampirism gimmick)
HP: 22 (45%)
Mag: 3 (45%)
Skill: 4 (60%)
Spd: 5 (70%)
Luck: 10 (100%)
Def: 4 (30%)
Res: 4 (60%)
Inventory:
Shine
Door Key
Elixir
Level Up:
Good: This is excellent for trickery!
Decent: Bah! Subpar.
Bad: They are not happy with me...
Terrible: Is this retribution?
Death Quote: No more games... I deserve it...
Talk to with Hero as an enemy:
Abaddon: You there! Are you a fan of tricks?
Hero: Er, it would depend.
Abaddon: Ah, you like tricks, you suppose? Then... zowy!
Hero: Hey! What did you--
Abaddon: Ahaha! Only kidding! Your weapon... is right here!
Hero: You're not very pure for a monk.
Abaddon: Blame the Gods, you. They invested these powers in me, it is their fault!
Hero: ...I see.
Abaddon: SHOOM!
Hero: Augh! I'm blind! Gods, will you stop that already? You're no threat. You're a nuisance!
Abaddon: Alright, I apologize... for now. Will you forgive my childish pranks if I assist you in battle?
Hero: I would prefer--
Abaddon: Great. See you there, you. *Leaves conversation*
Hero: I already regret this.
*maybe gives door key to Hero after conversation if possible*
I'm not sure if I like the whole asshole monk gimmick. It seems very out of place, but eh. Might as well give it a shot...
--------------------------
Additions to Skills Ideas
Prude(?): Gain speed buff and low def nerf
Name for "some buff when user and enemy have same weapon type": Dominance/Superiority
Falcoknights Skill: 5-6 res buff? Name: Luna's Shine/Moonlight/Moonbeam/Barricade?
meh. Misc stuff I guess.
Edited by IfAwakened

omg yes I was totally going to do a thing with someone named something like Lancelot who uses another weapon type. Ranserott already exists and this guy does use lances though so maybe his name would be Axelot.

Monk dude neat, though to clarify, can you talk with a Hero or just the main character?

I like Axelot dude.

The main character, yeah. I think we've been going with the idea that during conversation recruitment, we just refer to the main character as "Hero". Do you think his gimmick of well--being an asshole would be okay, or would that be too much and too ironic? I'm really not sure lol but I thought it would be kinda funny since its usually the thieves and dark mages, and sometimes axe users who are considered "tricksters/no-goods"

Yeah, I thought so too! I usually like silly characters like that. I might give another unheroic type personality to another unit as well, but we'll see.

Wow I was away from here for about a month, went out on the 21st, well 20th as I didn't get in until recently. So what did I miss, is there something I need to put down for stuff I added last month or no?

If I can still be in this:

Name: Magin

Portrait : Colm from FE8's portrait

Affinity: Ice

Class: Priest -> Necromancer

Preferred inventory and equippable weapons: (Inventory: Mend, Restore) (Weapons: Cleric uses Staves, Necro uses Dark/Light/Staves)

General join time: Midgame

Personal Skill if desired: Summon(summons Phantoms)

Some description of stats: High Mag, high Skill, okay Speed, shit Luck, high Defense, low Resistance, ok Con
Some description of dialogue/information: (R-Button: A nervous cleric. Interested in the art of summoning.) (Level up: 0-1 stats: That's all? 2-3: My magic is growing stronger... 4-5: Wow, I feel stronger already..probably not. 6+: Now, I could probably do things..I guess?) (Promote: I guess I can summon things? Wonder what those can do...) (Death: I was never strong...haaah...) (Final boss: Nope...I should not be here..not at all.) (End: With the world saved, he returned to his studies.)

(Recruitment: Good guy: You there! Did you make these phantoms? Magin: Y-yes..why? Good guy: Huh..so you're a summoner? Majin: Yes...I guess so. I can't do much, though... Good guy: You can summon stuff, isn't that enough? Magin: No..aside from that, all I can do is heal stuff.. Good guy: You heal stuff? We'd always need another healer. Let's go, then!) (change as needed)

Some description of recruitment/encounter conditions: Green unit, talk with hero

Edited by MagicIsOP

So I went and used http://makaze-kanra.tumblr.com/FELevelAdjust to calculate Kabocha's average stats as an unpromoted unit on level 20 and got this:

HP: 26

Mag: 16.35
Skill: 16.450000000000003
Spd: 15.55
Luck: 16.55
Def: 9.649999999999999
Res: 9.7

I think I should lower her magic and Skill/Speed growths tbh.

Edited by Floral Pattern

Magin: sure, there is currently no Necromancer and that would be neat. I don't know if it'll be implementable, so same boat as Holly I guess, but I'll definitely try!

(One thing I feel like saying though is that the Necromancer class implies summoning revenants rather than phantoms...?)

Kabocha: being that she's a staff Est I think it's fine for Kabocha to have some definitely above-average stats. Using those 20/-- numbers I went and got some 20/20 numbers and they're definitely high but nothing gamebreaking so considering the effort that goes into training I think that's at least more or less fine, but if I need to tune then I will?

(this accounts for promo bonuses of 2/1/2/2/0/1/2)

HP: 39.4
Mag: 28.7
Skill: 28.9
Spd: 26.1
Luck: 25.1
Def: 17.3
Res: 17.399999999999999

Total: 182.9 164.2 (hp counts as half a stat)

(average totals for prepromotes at 20 is about 100-110, 20/20s with good availability tend to range 120-140 so yeah actually manages to look fine as-is)

(Unless you actually want different distribution in which case sure)

(wow there's a lot that goes into average statting lol in the future i think i will not do this and just use my sheet)

Magin: sure, there is currently no Necromancer and that would be neat. I don't know if it'll be implementable, so same boat as Holly I guess, but I'll definitely try!

(One thing I feel like saying though is that the Necromancer class implies summoning revenants rather than phantoms...?)

Kabocha: being that she's a staff Est I think it's fine for Kabocha to have some definitely above-average stats. Using those 20/-- numbers I went and got some 20/20 numbers and they're definitely high but nothing gamebreaking so considering the effort that goes into training I think that's at least more or less fine, but if I need to tune then I will?

(this accounts for promo bonuses of 2/1/2/2/0/1/2)

HP: 39.4

Mag: 28.7

Skill: 28.9

Spd: 26.1

Luck: 25.1

Def: 17.3

Res: 17.399999999999999

Total: 182.9 164.2 (hp counts as half a stat)

(average totals for prepromotes at 20 is about 100-110, 20/20s with good availability tend to range 120-140 so yeah actually manages to look fine as-is)

(Unless you actually want different distribution in which case sure)

(wow there's a lot that goes into average statting lol in the future i think i will not do this and just use my sheet)

Interesting how do you do that stating? I should probably do that for Shira and Blinky

Personally I actually usually use Markyjoe1990's Average Statter, set up like this (using a very average not great character for example):

65412f20f068f61990e8f410a43d2401.png

The modifications I made are basically that HP counts towards Totals as half a stat (in the beginning and end, I care less about the middle)

Promotion gains always add up to 10

I'm mostly interested in final 20/20 stats but I do balance around other things, this is Ranserott, the Chapter 1 Cavalier, so he's in a great class with great availability, so his 20/20 stats tend toward the lower end but are quite usable. He averages just under 20 in every stat which I decided will be about the average for 20/20s.

HP is a little lower, not quite Fates low but I do want to keep things aggressive. So defensive stats also tend to be lower.

That's just the general idea. Might've missed things but have to go now so doop

Actually, Lyon summons Phantoms in his fight against the renais posse. You can make it Revenants/Bonewalkers if you want.

Huh, really? I don't remember that at all but that's interesting.

But yeah I think revenants are a nice generic option for summoning since their lack of weapon triangle makes them unbiased. But again, we'll see if we get summoning at all...