FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

So, those bosses I mentioned,

Basically my Boss Squad here are dudes that would show up throughout the game every once in a while, not directly part of the main enemy group but allied with them. I tried to keep motivations and backstories simple enough to help them fit into the story more easily, but if it still doesn't then I'm flexible with these characters, not my story after all. Stats and inventories aren't touched upon for gameplay reasons(I don't know what will be acceptable for whatever point in the game).

Siena

bmmsie6.png

Ice Affinity

Dark Sage(Sage with added dark magic and a little extra bulk)

Late game boss(the last of these bosses you fight)

Personal Skill: Masterly: nullifies weapon weight

R-button: A noblewoman who seeks further power and influence by any means necessary. Determined and Pragmatic.

(kinda)Bio: Has a jaded, pessimistic outlook on life and morality. Very serious and focused, does not believe that a leader should let emotion decide their actions.

Byron

gRQuKts.png

Anima Affinity

General

Late game boss

Personal Skill: Wary Fighter: during battles, neither the user or enemy can perform follow up attacks(if this is already planned to be a standard skill then I'll think of something else)

R-button: A knight under the command of Lady Siena. His easygoing attitude hides a cunning intellect.

Bio: Selfish and deceitful, Byron is a masterful actor and manipulator. He excels at ultimately getting what he wants, both through his friendly facade and through pure intimidation. Even if his skill on the battlefield wasn't known, his overwhelming presence would ensure said intimidation. A life-long friend of Lady Siena.

Cassandra

P8JXDTo.png

Thunder Affinity

Paladin

First battle: mid game boss

Second: mid-late game boss

Personal Skill: Desperate Struggle: +3 damage if the enemy has a higher def stat

R-button: A knight under the command of Lady Siena. Arrogant, brash, and impudent to all but her liege.

Bio: Though she is cocky and self-serving, her loyalty to Lady Siena, the one person who has her trust and respect, is absolute. Has a gift of knowing how to get under people's skin.(think all of Severa's worst attributes, with actual malicious intent)

Helena

xotKB17.png

Ice Affinity

Mage Knight

Mid-late game boss(before Cassandra's second fight)

Personal Skill: can't think of a name but: perfect accuracy when initiating combat

R-button: A gifted mage under the tutelage of Lady Siena. Cold and aloof.

Bio: A reserved and apathetic prodigy, idolizes her mentor. Absolutely no sense of humor, practically a robot.

[spoiler=a recruitable boss character, so there's quite a bit here]

Arron

cK1M0LA.png

Wind Affinity

Swordmaster(jacket sprite)

First battle: early-mid game boss(before Danton's chapter)

Second: mid game boss(same chapter as Cassandra 1st battle)

Personal Skill: Strong Riposte: when enemy triggers battle, damage +3(what I said about Byron's skill holds true here)

R-button: Was once a hired sword of considerable renown. Seeks purpose.

Bio: His skills were highly sought after, his reputation well-known to those with the wealth to purchase his services. One day however, he was done, seemingly vanished for no known reason. Years later he has been tracked down by Lady Siena, who sought his aid. He refused at first, but eventually gave in and reluctantly took the job. Cynical and sarcastic, lacks conviction, is searching for purpose in life.

Recruited mid-late game, preferably before or during or before Helena shows up as a boss for boss quotes(this isn't super important, there's still the other two or three)

How he would be recruited: If Danton is recruited, after the chapter there would be a cutscene where Danton briefly returns to the village he had been staying at, where it's shown that Danton had found Arron after his last battle and helped to restore him to health. During the second encounter have Danton talk to Arron and he will leave the map. This will lead to a cutscene after the battle where Arron speaks with the protagonist. If all that is done then Arron will appear as an NPC during his join chapter and is recruited with the protagonist.

Generally well-balanced, think Swordmaster with Hero stats.

Level up quotes, worst to best:

"Can't get lucky all the time."

"I've learned to appreciate even the smallest improvement."

"Hey, that's not half bad!"

"Looks like I won't be stopping anytime soon!"

Death quote:

"Hah... wasn't... expecting that one..."

All sprites are from the nickt collection, I just changed the default expression of one.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the little notes next to chapters in the recruitment tab? Abbreviated chapter titles, or just notes on what goes down?

Yeah, the dragon knight dude, if we make him, should have Dragonskin.

Note: my Dragon's Claw/Fang weapon should reduce the effects of Dragonskin like the Yato.

Yeah they're just reference notes for me on what the name of the map file is for the map, since I'm naming unit data Chapter 1, Chapter 2, etc., but I'm naming the map files stuff like darkencounterfirst (abbreviated daenfir)

And yeah that makes sense, would be neat.

(also, added bosses, planning out chapter order now. Of note, I'm almost filled up on chapters--not all of them have concrete ideas, but I'll soon run out of space for new chapter ideas)

Can you p-l-e-a-s-e tell us the basic story?

And are Ranserott and Ethelin still in, or were they placeholders that you've removed?

Skill:

Advance: Take an enemy's tile upon killing them.

Weapons with references (No ideas, just names):

Marth's Sword

Alm's Blade

Sigurd's Foil

Roy's Rapier

Eliwood's Shortblade

Hector's Axe

Lyn's Katana

Eirika's Piercer

Ephraim's Lance

Ike's Broadsword

Chrom's Falchion (Falchion is actually the name of a sword type!)

Robin's Tome

Advance sounds kinda like lunge but uhhh actually sure and it'll be not-a-command

Okay uh the story

it's literally bandits fall everyone dies, then the main character meets some people and get dragged into the war that's going on while an Iago-type character bothers them from time to time

Yeah I'm not letting sprites go to waste as placeholders unless they're really bad lol

(and even then I might include some, idk)

Also note to make Ana less OP:

Dragonskin does not halve Luna.

(that should make it less overpowered, unless Luna is a super-rare tome.)

Can you p-l-e-a-s-e tell us the basic story?

And are Ranserott and Ethelin still in, or were they placeholders that you've removed?

Skill:

Advance: Take an enemy's tile upon killing them.

Weapons with references (No ideas, just names):

Marth's Sword

Alm's Blade

Sigurd's Foil

Roy's Rapier

Eliwood's Shortblade

Hector's Axe

Lyn's Katana

Eirika's Piercer

Ephraim's Lance

Ike's Broadsword

Chrom's Falchion (Falchion is actually the name of a sword type!)

Robin's Tome

Chrom never used a Falchion, don't point out his sword name was falchion, it was more of a claymore!

Also might as well have Katana be "Shit Sword" because their usefulness is very limited.

I'll be nice and give alternatives

Sigurd's Ulfberht (Norse arming sword, one of the best created, fits as GotHW was Norse inspired)

Ike's Zweihander (Come on he is more known for Ragnell which should be a 2 handed sword, so I picked the name of a 2 handed sword)

Chrom's Bastard (Ah the bastard sword never change)

Lyn's Dao (Give better cutting than the katana, and an actual hand guard, you get the Chinese Dao sword.)

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

Skills:

Airslayer

Dragonslayer

Horseslayer

Monsterslayer

Magislayer

All attacks become effective against an certain unit type.

Preemptive: If initiated enemy is flanked, gain +3 damage.

Daredevil: If no ally unit in >2 range, gain +3 damage and +2 effective speed.

Obstruct: If ally unit in >2 range, grant -2 damage taken to them.

Just dipping in contribution.

Chrom never used a Falchion, don't point out his sword name was falchion, it was more of a claymore!

The Fang of Naga is far too small to be a claymore, though. It really ISN'T two-handed size-- it is only the handle that is so large, the edge is woefully insufficient for a greatsword.

It's an edged and oversized gladius (with a fuller, but some gladii had those and others didn't).

Also might as well have Katana be "Shit Sword" because their usefulness is very limited.

It also was the best possible thing in some circumstances (though such moments were not too often-occuring).

While a katana isn't as versatile as a machete/saber/cutlass/falchion/falcata/scimitar sort of weapon is and would definitely faire miserably in most wars that that list of weapons got used in; it was, in its area, a very useful weapon of war due to the way combat got fought.

It's not a bad sword. If you're talking in terms of craftsmanship, they'd probably actually be amongst the best-- if you're talking about usability on a long campaign, then yeah it's absolutely awful because it is a weapon that demands sharpness and thus extensive time on maintaining it. This was the primary advantage that the weapons listed had: they were less reliant on their sharpness and could easily handle being used for many combats without needing to tend to it in any way.

[/swordlove]

...Reference weapons are, in my opinion, boring if obvious (e.g. being named as references). Not that 'boring reference' is necessarily a bad thing, but that it can feel hamhanded (I feel that Awakening was super inaccurate when it came to the character-named weapons, for example; for a variety of reasons depending on each weapon--but also that it was super lazy).

I'm not into all that politically correct diversity whatever stuff but I feel like pointing out, we just hit over 100 total characters (there are about 20 ingame that aren't on the sheet because they join so early) and the grand total of ethnic diversity present is 3 Chinese girls and tan-skin Linn, and Jesus if I decide to add Him (haven't decided yet) (Oh and presumably Kabocha but even with all them the number/average skin color is uh yeah) We have some characters of other races, but the visual variety is a bit lacking.

Not that I think that's evil or whatever, but it's more interesting to look at a roster with some more color, probably. (if that means adding a green-skin goblin dude, then what the heck I'll do it) (EDIT: okay that's still another race but whatever)

Edited by 47948201

I'm not into all that politically correct diversity whatever stuff but I feel like pointing out, we just hit over 100 total characters (there are about 20 ingame that aren't on the sheet because they join so early) and the grand total of ethnic diversity present is 3 Chinese girls and tan-skin Linn, and Jesus if I decide to add Him (haven't decided yet) (Oh and presumably Kabocha but even with all them the number/average skin color is uh yeah) We have some characters of other races, but the visual variety is a bit lacking.

Not that I think that's evil or whatever, but it's more interesting to look at a roster with some more color, probably. (if that means adding a green-skin goblin dude, then what the heck I'll do it) (EDIT: okay that's still another race but whatever)

To be absolutely fair, genetic diversity in a feudal setting is actually not a good idea. Let me explain, travel between areas in a low technology country is extremely rare, so genetics being homologous is completely fine from a logical point of view. Take the UK for example, for until roughly when it became a colonial empire you would never find a person of another race. To clarify no, they didn't have slaves inside of the U.K., slavery in the UK has been illegal since the rule of William the Conquerer who banned slaves. Which is still far beyond what the Middle East has done in terms of slavery but I digress. To skip the meat there doesn't NEED to be genetic diversity in a world that lacks say large frigates, trains, gun powder etc, even continent wide it would be acceptable and make sense. I'd say this to a continent of those that are Asian, African etc. It is also well culturally ignorant that differences can only be shown in skin color

Aware of all of those, but the continent in question has biome variety, and while obviously desert does not an African make (there are plenty of deserts all over, but all the actual specific ethnicities currently present are coincidental anyway--Tipa isn't really connected to Earth in any way, so it would have its own), people from that area will tend to have darker skin than those from the snowy regions, which you generally don't notice in Europe due to its location and spread.

(basically Hawkeye Jaffar etc)

Edited by 47948201

Aware of all of those, but the continent in question has biome variety, and while obviously desert does not an African make (there are plenty of deserts all over, but all the actual specific ethnicities currently present are coincidental anyway--Tipa isn't really connected to Earth in any way, so it would have its own), people from that area will tend to have darker skin than those from the snowy regions, which you generally don't notice in Europe due to its location and spread.

(basically Hawkeye Jaffar etc)

Well to be fair, again even to your claim, south Italians and Spanish did have darker skin tones, but again each ethnicity typically didn't travel too far. I'm just saying it would be quite fine for a more homogeneous skin color due to this. I'm just the devil's advocate, apologies.

Yeah no no problem what you say makes sense. I don't mean that I need to have actual really-dark-skinned people, but at least more than two of them being tan seems like a good idea as a way to make characters look a bit more distinct across the giant roster, as well as maybe place them throughout the area (or from one of the port towns)

Edited by 47948201

Yeah no no problem what you say makes sense. I don't mean that I need to have actual really-dark-skinned people, but at least more than two of them being tan seems like a good idea as a way to make characters look a bit more distinct across the giant roster, as well as maybe place them throughout the area (or from one of the port towns)

that's perfectly reasonable, I'm just use to people taking it to the extreme as there has to be an equal amount of Nordic people to middle African people, which is not reasonable is the slightest in my eyes as that sort of cracks the suspension of disbelief I have. (Basically how did people that would adapt to very different environments, be living in the same environment now without travelling a very long distance)

Lol yeah no most of the regions are still pretty Europe-based, as are the weapons and such, so yeah. I think maybe 5% people with slightly darker skin and maybe a couple with lighter skin would fit pretty well considering the number of desert/snow maps I'm planning (about 2 of each)

Obviously not going for exactly that number, just a rough idea.

EDIT: cool okay made a secret private sheet where I'm averaging out characters' stats courtesy of Markyjoe1990's Average Statter, and changing a lot of things, so far up to the 30th recruitable character, Nerric. Mostly peoples' stats pretty much make sense, though I'm leaving their bases alone and cutting growths. If you prefer having lower bases and higher growths instead, feel free to say so so I can balance your character that way instead of like this.

For those curious of the sorts of stats we're talking about, here's the sheet of the phenomenally average Ranserott:

c79edeb9ea5b2ecc0f60894a947c50ba.png

Being in a good class with great availability, he's a teensy bit weaker than, say, the archers, but yeah.

Edited by 47948201

Okay, time to modify Rye's bases:

Lvl: 1

HP: 9

STR: 2

SKL: 9

SPD: 11

LCK: 10

DEF: 4

RES: 8

CON: 25

If you think have a better way to adjust growths/bases, tell me. (If you wanna try to modify bases, try to make actually recruiting him require as little luck as possible)

I hope I worded this right

Well it's uhhh whatever feels right lol based on how useful they are when they join, how fast they'll grow when they join, and how useful they'll be at endgame

EDIT:
credit to teraspark

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6YItteXuyQGTDNPRDFNMFNhTUk/view?usp=sharing

credit to genocike

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rrvng0grckjl77/Fem%20Bow%20Paladin.rar?dl=0

credit to bluedruid

https://www.dropbox.com/s/adn2r4novnlwmcb/GriffonKnightrevpal.zip?dl=1

just a few of the other things people might like to use, I don't think these are on the SF Animation Resource Directory (I know a griffon is, but I'm not sure if it's the updated one)

(there are also some people towards the end of the sheet, old mugs of mine that don't have names or in some cases even classes. If people want to "adopt" and adapt them, go ahead)

Edited by 47948201

Hmm Blinky as a monster(thus tend to have a bit lower than normal bases) which would furthermore be lower level compared to his recruitment so I would probably give Blinky higher growths than base stats so he can catch up with the players units.

Shira should be competent from the get go as her stats would be scaled for a chapter boss(probably earlier late game?). as long as she has a high magic growth and relatively good speed growth the other stats can be altered as needed (Balance wise I kinda intended her to have good extremely odds of capping magic. I also figure she wouldn't have too many levels to gain as she effectively has rushed ahead of her age i.e. a child prodigy who others either under estimate or over estimate her mental maturity.

Also, as for the boss squad, do they all have a bunch of generic enemies under them too, or are they unaffiliated with larger groups...?

I'm assuming this is @me......?

Well anyway, there would be generic dudes under them(under Siena really), they're all just a smaller group overall. Like, chapters the boss characters have some role in would have regular enemies that are technically part of their group for example.