FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

(just as an aside, but I'm legitimately curious about Corrobin's apparent obsession with Wilhelm lol)

I have no idea why; is it because earth affinity is that desperately wanted? I have no bloody clue

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and how would Wilhelm feel about Magic swords like the Lightbrand?

Would never use, or want to use. To put is in simple words as possible, please ban.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, Still having trouble with trying to add multiple quotes in one post

Edited by Lord Kommissar Petitt

Back to weapons and skills for me not gonna ask about Wil anymore

Chapter names:

Haunted Castle

The Inferno Lord

The Frigid Queen

The Thunderbolt Prince

The Gale Princess

The Dark King

The Duke of Light

Zero Sum (Chapter where Zero joins)

Skills:

Blademaster (Boost Might of equiped swords)

Axemaster (boost might of axes)

Spearmaster

Bowmaster

Animamaster

Darkmaster

Lightmaster

Knife Thrower (All Swords have 1-2 range when equipped by this unit)

RANDOM IDEA TIME!

Rye is unable to participate in a chapter because his curse makes him pass out or something like that.

(Another point to the fact that magic CAN be used for evil.)

BTW the master skills are essentially +x damage

Edited by tjoracer

Sure thing o3o

Yeah they are for a lot of characters, but I'm okay with them in two contexts:

One, on classes that use multiple weapon types, like Warriors, to make them stronger with one of them, making them a bit more focused.

Two, as kind of character-building flavor text. A swordmaster might be balanced a certain way, then I'll dock 5 points from their strength and give them Swordfaire to emphasize that their damage comes from their weapon proficiency rather than raw strength.

(No cases of either currently exist, but they're on the table, and I'll probably use both for some of my characters, too)

I've remained mostly silent on Stephan's inclusion here, mainly because I'm not entirely sure what else to add to him. He could reference other characters from my game (Jennifer, Hamilton, Helen, etc.), but if you need anything else from me about him, let me know.

Oh, how many characters do you have that you created? I know at least 4 (Lord+Ranserott+Ethelin+Red Cavalier), but do you have any more and can you reveal the names of the Lord, Red Cav. and any others?

Weapon Names (No ideas this time, so make your own ideas of what they should do)

Kusanagi (Sword, Description: A god-slaying blade)

Murakumo (Sword, A sword found in the tail of a dragon)

Lucifer Blade (A sword forged with 666 demon souls)

So I came up this group of bosses that are affiliated with each other, and the plan was to have them show up every once in a while and have some cutscenes with each other, but I feel like I may be getting too ambitious story-wise here(not my story after all) so I'm not really sure how to proceed. Are there any sort of guidelines for how far we can go with bosses?(I asked something similar before but right now I guess I'm looking for what I can't do)

So I came up this group of bosses that are affiliated with each other, and the plan was to have them show up every once in a while and have some cutscenes with each other, but I feel like I may be getting too ambitious story-wise here(not my story after all) so I'm not really sure how to proceed. Are there any sort of guidelines for how far we can go with bosses?(I asked something similar before but right now I guess I'm looking for what I can't do)

Curious about this as well seeing as the idea below is kinda meant like that (except they would apear on an erlier map (say mid game) when the players probably would have no chance of winning just to punish waiting at the spawn...

Hmm Corrobin have you thought about having an enemy boss version of those magic Knights? I have an idea which is basically a psudo Legion variant and at the same time makes a joke about certain ridiculous color coded characters i.e. Power Rangers (totally not a reason to reduce the number of sprites I do...) also saying that seriously is hard...

I have a draft quote for each boss obviously they would have to be tailored to the situation but I hope it gives an idea.

Onyx Knight-Uses a Luna Tome(i.e.high level Dark magic) "All who oppose us shall die you are no exception"

Diamond Knight-Maybe Shine(i.e.high level Dark magic) "Be purged defilers all who oppose my master shall be cleansed"

Gold Knight-Thoron(i.e.high level Lightning magic) "Die Weaklings WE SHALLL SLAUGHTER THEE! MASTERS WILL IS ABSOLUTE"

Emerald Knight-Tornado(i.e.high level Wind magic) "Die in the maelstrom the wind claims cleanses.. eternity time..."

Ruby Knight-Bolagnone (i.e.high level Fire magic) "Burn... fire.... magma..... hehaheh.... Roast them to a crisp" (basically the standard pyro)

Silver Knight-Long Bow(Personal skill makes him unable to miss(Hawkeye but he is vulnerable to being a pure archer unit) Is it possible to code a different quote at Melee and long range?

if boss initiates or is at range where he can retaliate. "Fools none can hide from our eyes there is no escape you shall be fetahered like the worms you are before a great and glorios hawk hehah"

Boss is at melee range-"No.. this is impossible.... ours one weakness! Grounded.... no... How could you... Nonononononooononononoonoon!!!!!"

Sapphire Knight-Sword(ice themed magic sword/skills) "Winter has come! Defying mi lord... fools you shall freeze perish" (*totally not there just to use that first line* )

Platinum knight-Lances (Believes itself to be the pinnacle of Chivalry in a very twisted way) "On guard foe We shall grant you an honorable death your SOUL shall serve our liege ever more we shall never fall theee mission be tested!

Amethyst Knight-Uses an Axes big heavy one secretly has issues with feeling inadequate about his manhood. Likes smashing things i.e. the player..

Weapons would be place holders Basically I like the concept of an enemy that is late game appearing earlier as a effective timer. Then when you beat them later it feels so rewarding. You can power them up/weaken them as needed.

I will try and modify a generic soldier image for use but otherwise the goal is fully helmed knights so The black knights portrait sounds like a good substitute...

@PM:no problem that's just kind of the nature of these things

@corrobin:I have some, I basically use any from my personal collection to fill spaces that aren't being taken by other peoples.

@david:keep it PG and go for whatever you want, and if something doesn't fit, I'll just adjust it.

@power ranger knights sounds cool I'll make them their own entity that fights for their own brand of justice which happens to mean fighting the protagonists often culminating in an epic battle against their megazord fusion or something idk

EDIT: okay unless you had a really specific idea of how they should go I think I can handle this, using what you said as a base and also taking something else from a long time ago that nobody will remember but also to cut it down a bit maybe we'll see

EDIT2: also fun fact the mercenary, soldier, and pegasus knight recruitable in chapter 11 don't actually exist, I can fill them in but if anyone else wants to you're welcome to do so

Edited by 47948201

Huh. I've actually run out of weapon and skill ideas.

Time for something new, I guess.

Class ideas:

Wyvern Mage (Mage on a wyvern)

Medic Peg. (Troubadour on a Pegasus)

Blade Dancer (Dancer, with sword usage)

@PM:no problem that's just kind of the nature of these things

@corrobin:I have some, I basically use any from my personal collection to fill spaces that aren't being taken by other peoples.

@david:keep it PG and go for whatever you want, and if something doesn't fit, I'll just adjust it.

@power ranger knights sounds cool I'll make them their own entity that fights for their own brand of justice which happens to mean fighting the protagonists often culminating in an epic battle against their megazord fusion or something idk

EDIT: okay unless you had a really specific idea of how they should go I think I can handle this, using what you said as a base and also taking something else from a long time ago that nobody will remember but also to cut it down a bit maybe we'll see

Ah okay, I was going to try and sprite them(well one of them haha a valid excuse for recolors!) but I have been having a hard time finding the old generic portraits.(Google image failed me way too many generic fates portraits) To be honest the initial idea was that they would be comical but also completely insane My initial idea which kinda is hinted with their strange dialogue is that they were actually created by their master which could be whatever antagonist you want. After their initial appearance early on you could use them as bosses for later chapters.

Oh can you give the Silver knight a skill that guarantees he hits his foes (but also secretly adds a second effect that is attacked from melee range all attacks against him ignore his defense and Res)

Otherwise they would all have related personals

Fire guy-Inferno-boosts damage dealt and taken respectively

Huh. I've actually run out of weapon and skill ideas.

Time for something new, I guess.

Class ideas:

Wyvern Mage (Mage on a wyvern)

Medic Peg. (Troubadour on a Pegasus)

Blade Dancer (Dancer, with sword usage)

Oh Blade Dancer could be an interesting promotion for a dancer but I think he said since he planned for two that they would have to be unable to attack. Its a shame because I love the idea of a glass cannon dancer. (I.e. a dancer who has high power(that is useless initially) in addition to the normal dancer stats but can promote and become a high power yet sure to die if hit unit. )

Edited by Dragrath

How hard is it to check what range combat is taking place at for a skill? I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard but one never knows.

thanks computer, you ate more than the pasted half of this post.

edit [e.g. the actual post i was trying to make in the first place]

I ask because

[spoiler=An Archer]Cynthia

Archer F

8 Con

"An archer with a positive outlook on life, holding onto her virtues even in the trying times of war; where she shines with her intelligence and strength."

Personal Skill:

VNAb566.png Mars - Takes 2 reduced damage from melee physical attacks, being attacked in melee reduces the def of the attacker by 2.

Growths:

55% HP

45% STR

55% SKL

40% SPD

30% LUK

35% DEF

30% RES

Level-up quotes:

0-2:

"This is not enough for greatness."

"I'll have to make time for more training!"

"I expected more from such a moment."

3-5:

"I won't let anybody down!"

"Failure is never an option!"

"Continue the attack."

6-7:

"Let them all come!"

"I won't be stopped!"

"Improvement is always nice to feel!"

was a reference I wanted to make but i wanted to be sure her skill would be codable before I made her sprite(s)...

Edited by Eliwan

If there's a battle sprite for Lalum with a sword I'll take it, but otherwise no thanks~

I can do that, there are already provisions for range checking in skills. To be sure, is that a debuff that she inflicts when someone attacks her at melee range, or...?

I dunno about giving one skill two different effects, I wonder if I can make it so when she's attacked at 1 range (only by a physical weapon I guess) the attacker gets, before the battle, -2pow/def?

(Most statuses will last one turn, I think...? I dunno, stuff like Poison seems like it wants to last longer, but that's all all I can think of that really wants that...?)

I wonder if I can make it so when she's attacked at 1 range (only by a physical weapon I guess) the attacker gets, before the battle, -2pow/def?

that would actually do what i meant to write the first time.

[it was supposed to be "when attacked in melee by a physical weapon, enemy def -2" in the first place.]

(Most statuses will last one turn, I think...? I dunno, stuff like Poison seems like it wants to last longer, but that's all all I can think of that really wants that...?)

Sleep, Berserk, Stone, Silence also.

UNLIMITED HEALING WITH NO PRICE ATTACHED?

it's like supports, but skills!

I like this. I like this a lot.

why even have it then

so once you get unit, you never shop with anybody else unless you lack a supply.

yusss.

That would require enemies having poison... but i like this a lot

i assume that this means 'can only happen once per map'

eeeeee

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

one more way to make archers less useful: this skill

lol

lololol

I love it...

somebody already has this as a personal skill

I just always thought that Peg.Knights are the type of person to show off and get a killing streak and someone slaps them and they fall into hysteria and try to fly the frick away. And Glide is just for thematic reasons.

How hard is it to check what range combat is taking place at for a skill? I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard but one never knows.

thanks computer, you ate more than the pasted half of this post.

edit [e.g. the actual post i was trying to make in the first place]

I ask because

[spoiler=An Archer]Cynthia

Archer F

8 Con

"An archer with a positive outlook on life, holding onto her virtues even in the trying times of war; where she shines with her intelligence and strength."

Personal Skill:

VNAb566.png Mars - Takes 2 reduced damage from melee physical attacks, being attacked in melee reduces the def of the attacker by 2.

Growths:

55% HP

45% STR

55% SKL

40% SPD

30% LUK

35% DEF

30% RES

Level-up quotes:

0-2:

"This is not enough for greatness."

"I'll have to make time for more training!"

"I expected more from such a moment."

3-5:

"I won't let anybody down!"

"Failure is never an option!"

"Continue the attack."

6-7:

"Let them all come!"

"I won't be stopped!"

"Improvement is always nice to feel!"

was a reference I wanted to make but i wanted to be sure her skill would be codable before I made her sprite(s)...

Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon?

Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon?

No, actually, she's the main character from a FE quest I participated in.

The name for her skill comes from Mars--the god.

Which I reached from the following train of logic:

Q!Cynthia has the skill "Iron Woman", making her less prone to melee physical effects (both hit rate and damage, though)

Iron Woman -> Iron Body

To have an iron body is to have trained thoroughly and be practiced, to be powerful and trained-- to have techniques and muscles.

-> Martial Arts

"Martial" comes from the name of the god "Mars"

"Mars" is the god of war, life, virtue, etc. War requires strategy, requires understanding of tactics

Q!Cynthia had skills related to becoming stronger in mind as well, so that tactical element was already present

What's a good tactical usage for a tough archer?

Baiting enemies into melee.

After they're in melee, you do need to actually kill them.

Martial arts in fiction often depicts the concept of pressure points-- ways to weaken an enemy without killing or even having them show damage.

So a logical extension of THAT would totally be reducing an enemy's defense-- not their resistance, that seems more mental.

...And that's why the skill is named what it is and does what it does.

Here's Havoc, the sniper!

post-14069-0-43219700-1461009821_thumb.png

Affinity: Wind / Class: Sniper

Bio: A smooth talking left-handed archer who prattles about "game theory."

Personal Skill: Zero Sum: If Havoc can kill his opponent with a critical, crit+10, turning the fight into a zero-sum game. One winner. One corpse.

Havoc favors SPD and SKL over DEF and STR. Highest stat is SKL.

Level-up quotes : Low: “Zemo is laughing at me right now”, Mid: “I cut, I choose!”, High: “Not even an irrationalist can stop me!”

Death Quote: "Game ... over ..."

I think it’d be cool if he shows up on an early level (non recruitable) and on a later level.

Early level, Havoc appear on Turn 2: Havoc’s inventory is a single Silver Bow with 1 shot left.

Havoc: This is unfortunate. So many enemies, and only one shot. I’m afraid this isn’t looking to be zero-sum. (Havoc leaves)

Recruitment level: Same inventory

Pre-Battle: Havoc: This is ... unfortunate. I need another bow before this snaps.

Recruitment:

Main: ... Do I remember you from somewhere?

Havoc: Of course! I’m Havoc the Trickshot, at your service. Ordinarily, I'd gladly join you for a small financial fee, however I seem to be running dreadfully low on weapons.

(If Main is carrying a bow)

Havoc: Ah! Perhaps ... that is a bow you're carrying? I do say, you can't use that so that is of a minimum use to you, however being that I'm in a slight predicament, that bow happens to a maximum use for me. Could I ... have it?

Main: I guess …

Havoc: Tell you what! I'll help you win this fight. Why, I'll even do it left handed!

Post-Battle: Havoc: While I do enjoy zero-sum games, I feel that this partnership has reached an end. I'll find you again if I can find some conceivable benefit.

Main: Are you going to need that?

Havoc: Ah, you want your bow back? Then how do you expect me to... Fine. I'll join you, but keep me well supplied with bows!

Main: Um …

Edited by StWalker

Cool, can do @havoc, though to have him just pop in for one turn then leave with one bow use left, it's kinda weird that when you find him again several chapters later he still has that one shot, and also for the player to notice that he has one shot he'd have to exist on the map for at least a turn but then it's possible an enemy will attack him and he'll use his one shot then later he gets it back?

does the critical boost only affect him or both units?

Final battle quotes oh uhh lol I hadn't even considered those but what the heck sure if you want one you can specify it or I'll pull/write one based on other dialogue.