Pairing up is so troublesome when you find a good support chain.

This so much.

I hate Silas and Camilla as a couple but their A rank just makes me feel so bad. It does not help that Camilla is better off else where.

Also, M!Corrin x Niles. My OTP, but I don't get my favourite child from the game if I marry them.

Feel the same way with Sakura x Kaze as Kaze hints hard on a liking of Sakura in his supports with Hinoka while Sakura is crushing hard on Kaze in their A Support together.

Yet Sakura isn't really optimal for Kaze's child as a parent.

Male Corrin x Niles is painful. Doesn't it deny you 2 kids despite a great support chain?

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

Feel the same way with Sakura x Kaze as Kaze hints hard on a liking of Sakura in his supports with Hinoka while Sakura is crushing hard on Kaze in their A Support together.

Yet Sakura isn't really optimal for Kaze's child as a parent.

Male Corrin x Niles is painful. Doesn't it deny you 2 kids despite a great support chain?

I haven't read those yet. I shall now though.

And yes, M!Corin x NIles does prevent you from getting Kana, but I don't really care about Kana so her exclusion would not bother me, but NIna's does. A whole lot considering she fucking looks adopted! I mean just look at her compared to Niels. The only thing they have the same is hair colour and even then, I don't think there is any parent other then MU that can give her Niles' shade of white hair. UHHHHH!

/rant over/

Another character that suffers from great support, shit child syndrome is Beruka. Her supports tend to be above average and for Benny to be the only character she can marry without making the child sub-optimal to horrendous is a crime. I mean I love her supports with Benny, but I love he more with Kaze and Saizo!

I mean, it is possible for a darker skinned person to have a lighter skinned child. For all we know, Niles has a full-body tan...but I do understand the sentiment.

My Azura!Selkie came out fine. For me, at least. Selkie herself came out as a mage killer--RES was her first capped stat. Shigure was alright.

The only thing stopping me from doing Elise!Shiro is that I hate the Basara model. Plus, Shiro gets a unique Spear Master model.

I love Odin x Kagero but I can't get down with Kagero not giving any MAG mods. She isn't hurting them--but she isn't helping them, either. And, no, I don't want a Dark Knight Ophelia. It's Sorcerer or bust for me.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I refuse to make Soleil slow and made of paper while killing her strength

but I loved Laslow x Orochi.

Nishiki x Felicia is a lesser offense, but they're still FAR better elsewhere.

On the flip end, I hate Silas/Hana with a burning passion and I will never do it but I have to admit it looks really good as far as classes go.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Elise x Ryouma's actually a cute pairing, but I just cant...Shiro is too valuable to me as a character and as a unit for me to do that to him, even if he does get bleached hair out of it.

Inversely, Camilla x Ryouma gives me a very good Shiro, but I hate their support (plus Camilla's hair only looks good on girls imo)

I also like Hinata's supports, but in the end I keep giving him Peri, because all of the good wives keep going elsewhere. I feel bad for the poor guy...

Charlotte/Benny. Benny has it bad enough being super slow and having A+ supports that only give him Fighter, which he already has. But marrying Charlotte not only gives him no new class, it prevents Xander and others from enjoying her as well. Cute support though.

I also hate terrible supports leading to the more optimal ships, like Felicia/Leo.

Charlotte/Benny. Benny has it bad enough being super slow and having A+ supports that only give him Fighter, which he already has. But marrying Charlotte not only gives him no new class, it prevents Xander and others from enjoying her as well. Cute support though.

Agreed. Plus Ignatius really wastes Charlotte's incredible mods given that -3 spd hole his dad dug him.

Elise x Ryouma's actually a cute pairing, but I just cant...Shiro is too valuable to me as a character and as a unit for me to do that to him, even if he does get bleached hair out of it.

Inversely, Camilla x Ryouma gives me a very good Shiro, but I hate their support (plus Camilla's hair only looks good on girls imo)

I also like Hinata's supports, but in the end I keep giving him Peri, because all of the good wives keep going elsewhere. I feel bad for the poor guy...

I do Elise x Ryoma and Shiro comes out as the best Basara I have or a great Dark Falcon.

I mean, it is possible for a darker skinned person to have a lighter skinned child. For all we know, Niles has a full-body tan...but I do understand the sentiment.

Case in point: Me. However, I look a lot like both of my parents, so my slightly lighter skin isn't an issue.

Ahem. . .Azama x Orochi is hilarious, and they deserve each other. Mitama, however, does not deserve those mods.

I just meant with that comment was that a child doesn't necessarily have to look like their parents to be their child. Midori doesn't look like Kaze. Percy doesn't look like Arthur. Forrest doesn't look like Leo. Rhajat doesn't look like Hayato. Ophelia took it a step back and looks like Lissa, her grandmother. Nina could very well have taken after one of Niles' parents but we don't know what they look like.

Camilla's hair color doesn't look that great on a lot of children, in my opinion. Except maybe Percy--he looks pretty good with all hair colors. The only characters whose hair color look decent on all the kids to me is Mozu and Kagerou.

But, none of that is neither here nor there.

As for supports, I like Beruka x Benny. But doesn't she actually give a negative STR mod? That is a no-go for a child I plan on making into a General. She evens out his STR! She is just like the qualm I have with Kagero x Odin--she takes nothing but also gives nothing! No!

I do Elise x Ryoma and Shiro comes out as the best Basara I have or a great Dark Falcon.

Ah, usually see Shiro as a jack of all trades unit (especially as a Spear Master), my comment wasn't intended to knock those that do Elise!Shiro, I just look at that huge -Def and find it unappealing.

Case in point: Me. However, I look a lot like both of my parents, so my slightly lighter skin isn't an issue.Ahem. . .Azama x Orochi is hilarious, and they deserve each other. Mitama, however, does not deserve those mods.

I love their supports.

Ah, usually see Shiro as a jack of all trades unit (especially as a Spear Master), my comment wasn't intended to knock those that do Elise!Shiro, I just look at that huge -Def and find it unappealing.

It's fine. I just thought you meant he can't be good at all. It's fine - the def drop isn't great, but I make due. I like mixed Shiro anyway. :3

Like, Azura x Kaden is cute but that gives Selkie a -4 Defense Mod.

So Azura has to go elsewhere or Selkie is hurt by her genetics.

Why do the good support pairings have to give non-optimal mods?!

Azura had 9 defence as a Nine-Tails but still destroyed literally everything in Shigure's Paralogue because nothing could hit her with a Beaststone+ equipped. I just stuck a Speed Tonic and Luck Tonic on, used a Defence Tonic so she'd die a little less in combination with Voice of Peace when the Adventurers got a hit in, and then paired her up with Falcon Knight Kaden and sent her to wreck the entire north ship (aside from the two Berserkers with silver axes, who went south and ran into the rest of my force). Right now she literally has like 14 defence at 17th level Nine-Tails but she still wrecks face. Passing her Rend Heaven helped too.

The only reason I am peeved off that Nina has a different skin-tone to Niles is that Ignatius has the same skin-tone as Benny, so I don't see why Nina didn't. I do understand however that yes, just because Niles has a dark skin tone doesn't mean Nina would.

Anyways, I agree with above. Corrin x Azura is so canon it hurts and the fact you loose a child makes me angry af.

Anyways, I agree with above. Corrin x Azura is so canon it hurts and the fact you loose a child makes me angry af.

Eh, Dwyer's worthless so I don't mind sacrificing him, plus it means I can headcanon Jakob and Flora hook up after the war. If I could do the same for Scarlet and Ryoma I totally would ;_;

Tbh the kids annoy me in their entirety but that's another topic for another day so

Agree with the guy who said it's a shame Beruka's mods are complete crap for everyone but Ignatius, she has so many good supports but she ruins so many kids. Same for Rinkah and Selena.

Eh, Dwyer's worthless so I don't mind sacrificing him, plus it means I can headcanon Jakob and Flora hook up after the war. If I could do the same for Scarlet and Ryoma I totally would ;_;

Tbh the kids annoy me in their entirety but that's another topic for another day so

Agree with the guy who said it's a shame Beruka's mods are complete crap for everyone but Ignatius, she has so many good supports but she ruins so many kids. Same for Rinkah and Selena.

Eh..they are not complete crap for Saizo's Asugi. In fact, maybe it might be a little overkill with that 6+ skill mod, but they are not terrible at all.

Honestly, I'm stuck with the inverse side of this topic. I loved certain pairings that have decent to good mods but have bad to horrible supports.

The only reason I am peeved off that Nina has a different skin-tone to Niles is that Ignatius has the same skin-tone as Benny, so I don't see why Nina didn't. I do understand however that yes, just because Niles has a dark skin tone doesn't mean Nina would.

I wasn't trying to call you out or anything. Hell, you are right because I forgot about Iggy.

Someone said Laslow x Orochi. Good lord, I ship them together so hard but I can't give Soliel that SPD mod. I just can't. I did the next best thing--put her and Odin together.

I'm just glad I hardcore ship Rinkah/Ryoma (well, and Ryoumarx/Ryoma x Scarlet but those can't S him) because Shiro doesn't mind her being his mom at all and Ryouma likes having her at lot. Especially Revelation!Ryoma, because if you think Ryoma is terrifying before, now you have Ryoma with Berserker S-rank pairup, which otherwise only Camilla could pull off and Cam likes her wings while Zerk is pretty much Rinkah's best class (not that Ryoma minds Wyvern either, also good stats for him and +mov too)

And for what it's worth, pvp is only 5 units anyway and sometimes I'm okay with a decently-functioning child if I can do something fun with their parents, anyway. Like Dark Flier -> Oni Chieftain Saizo was pretty fun to use since I wanted to uh, give Ryoma access to Sol under the name Scarlet so Rinkah couldn't have him that run.

Edited by Thor Odinson